New to Celebrity.....Where are the penny pinchers?

ColoradoTiger

Hello everyone, my husband and I have finally decided to cruise a new line and are booked on the Equinox in February. We are doing our research and have noticed that we seem to be the only ones who have booked an inside stateroom. We have cruised before, and we never spend time in our cabins except for sleeping and getting ready for the day. We also don't need drink packages as we don't drink soda and rarely an alcoholic drink. Hoping we can get some confirmation that we will enjoy our vacation on Celebrity without having an upgraded cabin and drinking all day.

I'm going to be new to Celebrity also. But I booked a suite with a butler and got the drink package because it came with it even though I seldom have more than 2 drinks per day on a cruise.

I guess it just depends on what you want in a cruise. I've never tried and inside and don't plan to.

Hello everyone, my husband and I have finally decided to cruise a new line and are booked on the Equinox in February. We are doing our research and have noticed that we seem to be the only ones who have booked an inside stateroom. We have cruised before, and we never spend time in our cabins except for sleeping and getting ready for the day. We also don't need drink packages as we don't drink soda and rarely an alcoholic drink. Hoping we can get some confirmation that we will enjoy our vacation on Celebrity without having an upgraded cabin and drinking all day.

With the exception of a small suite only lounge, a small suite only restaurant and a small aqua class only restaurant, you have the entire ship to enjoy just as any other passenger; and no one knows or bothers to ask what type of cabin you are in. So enjoy!

Your cruise is what YOU make it. Enjoy your cruise.

I have sailed on an inside cabin, and I can honestly say that you will enjoy your cruise. I am in my cabin more often to take some much needed naps but the cabin is also use to get ready, sleep, and shower you mentioned that you don't drink a lot, but the coffee at Café Al Bacio might be worth it to get the drink package as a perk, but if you don't drink much coffee either it would also be a waste then there's the bottled water but you can get it cheaper on land. You will definitely enjoy the cruise in an inside cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We love to cruise. To afford it, we book insides, or whatever is a real bargain. We don't drink much, maybe two or three drinks per cruise. Although I would love to sail in a suite, I can't justify the cost. (I would take a free upgrade, though). We don't book expensive excursions. We are more interested in the history and culture of a port, not the active excursions created for tourists. EM

We love to cruise. To afford it, we book insides, or whatever is a real bargain. We don't drink much, maybe two or three drinks per cruise. Although I would love to sail in a suite, I can't justify the cost. (I would take a free upgrade, though). We don't book expensive excursions. We are more interested in the history and culture of a port, not the active excursions created for tourists. EM

Thank you for your post, you sound very similar to us! Glad to hear we aren't the only ones that travel this way.

Thank you all for your replies, it makes me feel more comfortable with our choice! We don't drink coffee or wine, just lots of water and sometimes some lemonade and iced tea. What is available on the ship that is complimentary to drink? And where can we get it? We have a lot of research to do reguarding what food is included in our cruise fare. We prefer to get our calories via food, not drink 😉

Thank you all for your replies, it makes me feel more comfortable with our choice! We don't drink coffee or wine, just lots of water and sometimes some lemonade and iced tea. What is available on the ship that is complimentary to drink? And where can we get it? We have a lot of research to do reguarding what food is included in our cruise fare. We prefer to get our calories via food, not drink 😉

In the buffet there is complimentary fruit punch, lemonade, water, and I think ice tea. The glasses are small.

In the dining room I believe you can have ice tea, apple juice, grapefruit juice, and orange juice (not fresh squeezed) and tap water. I believe you can get those at any meal.

I asked for lemonade and it is not available in the dining rooms.

At the buffet there are drink dispensers that have juices and water at breakfast and lemonade, tea, water, etc at lunch and dinner. Hot water for tea or hot chocolate as well as coffee, decaf and regular available at all times as well. The water in the dispensers as well as your bathroom tap is perfectly safe to drink; you do not need to pay extra for bottled water. You may bring on board bottles of water and sodas.

No one is going to know what type of cabin you are in or what perks you have or how much you paid for your cabin. Enjoy yourself!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You can get iced tea, not sure of lemonade. Also lots of free places to eat including room service but you probably won't be in your room long enough to use it :).

We don't do specialty restaurants or pretty much any of the extra cost stuff. Not because we are cheap but because there is enough other stuff for free.

But we do like a balcony. Doesn't have to be Aqua Class or anything but I need my balcony. I'd go stir crazy with an inside. On sea days I'll spend most of the day on the balcony. Not a fan of the pool scene. Have one at home and it's not wall to wall people. Now we'll do stuff but most of the day is enjoying our ocean front room.

If you only use your room for sleep and get ready then you'll be fine.

enjoy

We have booked insides for Alaska. Our 1st cruise was a oceanview. After that we booked balconies. Now we book sky suites most of the time. Any cabin is a good thing. Have a great time. Oceanview Cafe has water, ice, coffee and 3 types juices. I'm not sure if juices are available 24/7.

We just got back from a solstice trip. We had booked a inside room on the 3rd deck. Then our TA found a deal for $150 more we got upgraded to Aqua deck 11 balcony! It is great! We would have been fine with an inside as we really wanted the cruise, but couldn't resist the upgrade. Keep your eyes open as sometimes you can find a deal on a balcony. We love the Equinox!

We have never done an inside, but would try it for a 7 day or less. last year we did 34 nights on B2B2B, an inside would never had worked. We were in aqua, suite and then veranda Love the suite, but if it is not a bargain, we will never get it again. We did one oceanview - large window at the front of the ship - it was okay, but I missed not being able to walk out on the veranda, watch the ship dock and sit with my book and listen to the ship go through the water. We leave in five days for our Alaska cruise, booked a veranda, and when prices dropped, got an aqua cabin for no additional cost. prices have gone up on the remaining cruises that we would like to go on, so we will have to wait, watch the prices and see what we can get. No matter what cabin you are in, I think you will have a wonderful time.

We've done 3 Eclipse cruises. Another is booked for next Jan. We've also done inside rooms. On Cunard we always did balcony cabins. It's true I prefer those, but the savings we get helps pay for specialty rest. & excursions. I will say that storage is scant in most Solstice class ships. There simply is poor drawer space. This is good storage above your bed, but you better fold clothes neatly or it won't close properly. The closet is roomy enough for plenty of dressy stuff, however. You need to let us know what other lines have you done to get a specific answer from us. If you've done NCL/Carnival, by all accounts you should have a nicer clientele, the food is better. Less annoying announcements & less stupid "human" tricks at the pool side. If you've done Princess, your cruise will be similar, especially if you've done their Royal class ships. We did notice quite a downturn in food quality this past Jan. If this continues we'll either go back to Cunard or start trying Oceania.

You need to let us know what other lines have you done to get a specific answer from us. If you've done Princess, your cruise will be similar, especially if you've done their Royal class ships.

Actually, the only other cruise line we have done is Disney. We are booked on a Princess as a B2B with this Celebrity cruise in February, so glad to hear it will be similar. I know the stateroom will be smaller, and I am going in with a very open mind regarding the new cruise lines. We have been able to keep prices down on DCL, but we are ready for new itineraries, and the DCL prices are crazy for a southern Caribbean itinerary.

You have the included food venues of the MDR, Ocean View Café, Aqua Spa Café (in the solarium) and the Burger Grill above the pool deck. The pastries and desserts at Café Al Baccio are free (and delish) on Deck 5. There is lemonade, juice and iced tea available in OVC and I think there are also water dispensers there as well and in the MDR the water, iced tea and I think lemonade are also available. Don't worry, you will be happy eating in the above venues and don't need specialty dining to be well fed! The specialty restaurants are a treat, but certainly not necessary. Some on here like to complain about the good old days, but I find the food in the buffet is plentiful and widely varied to provide something for everyone, the burger bar is quick and offers burgers, fries, and hot dogs. The MDR (we eat there most nights) is delicious and serves a varied menu with some standard items that are always available. The Aqua Spa Café has cleaner healthier options, although the selections are somewhat limited. There is also room service at no charge except for late night,and wee hours of the morning. The bottle of water you will find in your room is NOT complimentary, so don't be fooled. The MDR is also open for breakfast daily and for lunch on sea days. I don't think anyone starved to death on a X cruise! Have a great time. (No one worth knowing cares what kind of cabin anyone else books, it's a personal decision and will be a total non-issue. I never ask anyone what kind of cabin they're in, because I don't care, and most people I've met are the friendly and feel the same.)

Actually, the only other cruise line we have done is Disney. We are booked on a Princess as a B2B with this Celebrity cruise in February, so glad to hear it will be similar. I know the stateroom will be smaller, and I am going in with a very open mind regarding the new cruise lines. We have been able to keep prices down on DCL, but we are ready for new itineraries, and the DCL prices are crazy for a southern Caribbean itinerary.

My first 2 cruises were in an inside cabin (on Carnival) and I had no issues (7days) - in fact, best sleep ever (due to darkness)!

The buffet on Celebrity (Ocienview Cafe) is superior to Disney in my opinion (although the shows are not - after all, how can you compete with Disney there!)

All treats at Al Bacio are free. The cheese danishes are a must try!

I was not aware that water from stateroom bathroom is drinkable - as an earlier poster says. That would be convenient, but I would check on this first.

I also agree with Luvcrusn's post above - excellent points.

You will have a wonderful cruise, and an inside stateroom will not detract from all the wonderful things that Celebrity has to offer!

Enjoy!

The water in your cabin is definitely drinkable. We've been drinking it for years with no problems as have our friends. It is, however, often not cold, so we always ask our stateroom attendant for 2xdaily ice.

Don't worry, all the inside cabins sell...lol. I have it on good authority that they are a good size and pretty much identical to other cabins except for the view!!! Unlike some lines who really give you a tiny,tiny cabin if you choose inside. Have a truly wonderful cruise, a friend of mine always books inside, a......it's cheaper. B.....she loves to sleep in a really dark room.

Cheers

When I cruise with She Who Must Be Obeyed, we always book a cabin with a balcony. She loves to sit on our own balcony where it's quiet.

When I cruise solo, I go for an inside, but study the deck plans very carefully and try to get a cabin with PAX above, on each side, and across the corridor. Learned that the hard way on an early cruise where I booked an inside guarantee and ended up in an inside under the pool deck and right below a scullery. The noise from above started around 5 AM each day and seemed designed to create as much racket as possible.:eek:

Once you are on board, the only way somebody else will know you are in an inside is if they see you entering or leaving your cabin.

And, the cruise is all the more sweeter knowing how much less you are paying!:cool:

Booking the right room to suit yourselves is no different land or sea....If you plan on spending lots of time in your room worth paying for an upgrade, if not no reason to pay for something you don't need.

Re drinks.....Last few cruises we have had the premium package included and still enjoyed the fruit punch at lunchtimes! Ask your room attendant for ice twice daily, as it melts in the evening cool water available to drink overnight. Remember you can bring two bottles of wine on board with you.

As someone else said apart from a couple of small venues you have exactly the same treats and pleasures as those in the highest suite!

Hope you have a great cruise!

As Bindy has stated, inside cabins (and there are lots) always fill, so they must be okay (they are)!

Drinking is not the main activity on Celebrity; lots of better things to do.

Tap water is fine to drink, probably purer than many bottled waters.

One of our inside cabin tricks is to tune the tv to the webcam station, and leave it on overnight with no sound. It's like having a window, with the light gradually appearing in the morning.

Beautiful ship, good line. Enjoy your cruise!

We (family)have cruised inside, OV and balcony cabins. I like having a look out the window but I spend a lot of time out on deck (I smoke) so the balcony is wasted on me. The rest of the crowd prefers a balcony cabin. For our next cruise, we booked OV but they had a price break that made the balcony cabin the same price and we upgraded. We've also had the soda package, and the alcoholic drink package, although we aren't big drinkers, but we wanted to have the ability to have the drinks we wanted where we wanted it and not having to check the bar bill...I'm also a big coffee drinker, so I think I'll enjoy the coffee at Al Bacio with my pastries and desserts. We have never felt we needed the specialty dining and with 5 of us, that $45 each price tag is $175 for a meal, which we would prefer to spend on an excursion, so that's crazy to us. We've never wondered whether the people we were sitting chatting with had an inside room (gasp) or were sailing in the Presidential Suite (although I doubt we've been chatting with anyone in that particular suite. Doesn't bother us to cruise in an inside cabin if the price is right and if the price is right, we will book a balcony. We've never had a bad cruise.