How do you Keep Fit while Cruising?

BBMacLaird

We've posted a new blog "Six Ways to Keep Fit While Cruising."

I'm wondering if you agree, or if you have other ways of keeping fit while cruising?

Or is it even a big priority for you on a cruise? I know it's a challenge for me to remember all the Do's and Don'ts while on vacation! :rolleyes:

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/blog/six-ways-keep-fit-while-cruising

Circuits on deck 10 either early morning when jet lags an issue or late afternoon however the latter is followed by tea and cake at mosaic as a reward :D

We've posted a new blog "Six Ways to Keep Fit While Cruising."

I'm wondering if you agree, or if you have other ways of keeping fit while cruising?

Or is it even a big priority for you on a cruise? I know it's a challenge for me to remember all the Do's and Don'ts while on vacation! :rolleyes:

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/blog/six-ways-keep-fit-while-cruising

The gym's, especially on the newer bigger ships are fantastic and well equipped with the latest machines.

I start off with good intentions going up and down the stairs always walking somewhere when in port, swimming, trying not to eat too much but I always seem to put on at least half a stone. Still we are on holiday.

I workout everyday, just like I do at home. I mean, there's really nothing do on the ship anyway, so I might as well run for an hour or two. And I always go running in port - it's an amazing way to see unique places. Also, I eat healthier on the ship than at home, probably because it's prepared everyday. I just hit 40, so sweets aren't an option for me anymore :(

Michael

I may be the only one but I do not enjoy the fancy deserts on the ships.

Now if it was a gooey chocolate sundae, then I may indulge, so that saves me the calories.

Also, the only time we take the elevators is on formal night when I wear my high heels, all other times its the stairs.

We try to limit ourselves to the fried stuff, and pizza.

We like to save room for the drinks.

We have always booked our cabins the furthest away from promenade to walk more.

Safe travels.

I don't either. Keep fit while cruising, that is. It's one of the big problems I have with cruising, just can't help being more sedentary than usual, and eating more. I don't like gyms with machines. I will do deck walking whenever possible. But it never seems to be enough.

Not into biking in most places. I do bike a bit, but not while I'm on holiday.

I workout everyday, just like I do at home. I mean, there's really nothing do on the ship anyway, so I might as well run for an hour or two. And I always go running in port - it's an amazing way to see unique places. Also, I eat healthier on the ship than at home, probably because it's prepared everyday. I just hit 40, so sweets aren't an option for me anymore :(

Michael

I have met Michael and he is very fit. I also use the gym almost daily but when port intensive, we try to walk or hike as much as possible.

We also watch what we eat and it is very easy to accomplish that on a cruise ship with all of the fresh veggies and numerous options. Rarely have dessert and try to avoid the bread, as well. Wine nightly :)

I think I eat a healthier diet than at home...the healthy choice (I don't usually do that until about week two) is very tasty and not something I'd ever make for myself. I tell myself that I don't necessarily have to finish every course, although our delightful servers are always concerned that something is amiss if I don't! And I love just walking around the track in the open air on a nice day. Can't wait...boarding in a couple of weeks!

My last cruise was the first time I cruised with a Fitbit and I think it really helped. I made sure to reach at least 10,000 steps a day (easy on port days, challenging on sea days). In the evening, if I hadn't hit 10,000 I walked the interior of the ship. I also use the walking track, but it's A LOT of laps to reach a mile. I did better walking the entire ship.

We love to work out in the gym and use the mats for Plates as well as machines, it is a way of life.

No bread at dinner and share a desert. I do not drink so no worry with liquid calories. I am small and I always tell the server no worries I do not eat a lot it is no reflection on food.

Use stairs and if in port at beach we swim lengths.

Just a way of life and we are in our 60's

Great thread, Bonnie! I am gym-obsessed and weight-obsessed, well sort of. On board I go to the fitness center everyday and use the recumbent bike with a reading rack, so I multi-task, read while exercising. I try to ride 80 minutes per day, but if there are people waiting for the bike, I am a good citizen and share. Otherwise we try to eat low-carb which means pushing away bread, potatoes, and rice, which can be a challenge. And we love our wine and a dessert per day on the ship, so we are probably falling behind in the long run. It's a journey, not a race. And while at home we do not eat and drink like we do on board, and exercise everyday.

My last cruise was the first time I cruised with a Fitbit and I think it really helped. I made sure to reach at least 10,000 steps a day (easy on port days, challenging on sea days). In the evening, if I hadn't hit 10,000 I walked the interior of the ship. I also use the walking track, but it's A LOT of laps to reach a mile. I did better walking the entire ship.

There is a plaque up on the walking deck telling how many laps make a mile...I can't remember exactly but I think it's 13 laps. Anyone out there remember?

There is a plaque up on the walking deck telling how many laps make a mile...I can't remember exactly but I think it's 13 laps. Anyone out there remember?

It is 13 well remembered