Southampton hotels fully booked

davecttr

I just tried booking a room in Southampton on Saturday 1st July for my Azura cruise on the sunday. Everything seems to be fully booked. what is going on, this has the makings of a disaster :eek:

We struggled to find a room for one night during the Boat Show in September so booked a night out at the motorway services on M27. Think the hotel is called a Days Inn. Certainly wouldn't be our usual choice but like you we were desperate!! We usually book the hotel really early - now we know why!!

I will be arriving by train from Kent via London and don't really want to travel on the sunday. There is some availability but they want about £175 for the night compared with the £70 odd I am used to in the Premier Inn. That £100 difference would more than cover any additional rail fare for very early travel but I don't like the stressful start to the holiday.

I haven't looked at prices or offers, but there is the Holiday Inn and a Premier Inn at Winchester - may be worth a look? Mind you, it's the Hat Fair that weekend, which may make a difference? Again edited to say, sorry I didn't read your post properly and see that you are travelling by train, so Winchester wouldn't really be a sensible option this time. Sorry - I haven't done very well with my posts this morning :( :(

It looks like the Potters Heron at Romsey has availability, if you stay there the Mandarin Chef Chinese isn't far in the car and very good eat in or take away. It looks like the hotel prices are inflated, there must be something on.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just tried booking a room in Southampton on Saturday 1st July for my Azura cruise on the sunday. Everything seems to be fully booked. what is going on, this has the makings of a disaster :eek:

You could get off the train at the airport and go to the Premier inn there,or get off at Southampton central and get taxi to the airport premier inn.

It is about 15 minutes to the port and taxi only £15-20.

I will be arriving by train from Kent via London and don't really want to travel on the sunday. There is some availability but they want about £175 for the night compared with the £70 odd I am used to in the Premier Inn. That £100 difference would more than cover any additional rail fare for very early travel but I don't like the stressful start to the holiday.

£70.00? That's B&B prices for July - Have you looked at a B&B near the Port?

CHILWORTH MANOR...cost us £175 to stay night before ,breakfast, and car to take us to port and pick us up...secure parking for 2 weeks

Have you tried the Jury,s Inn. People tend to forget about it as it is at the other end of the town but not bad from the train station.

Had a quick look and they have availability for your date

Good luck getting g.

Have you tried the Jury,s Inn. People tend to forget about it as it is at the other end of the town but not bad from the train station.

Had a quick look and they have availability for your date

Good luck getting g.

Minimum room price £177 :eek:

Premier inn airport fully booked.

Surely something must be going on in Southampton that weekend.

If the trains are running I could catch the 7am train from home to London Victoria, bus to Waterloo and train to Southampton Central arriving at about 11am. I am Caribbean status so get early boarding and an eleven am arrival should give me a five hour contingency window before the ship sails. Must check if there are any planned engineering works.

I suppose lots of people travel on departure day.

Hello davecttr

We are due to sail on a Sunday. Public transport is a pain in the country so we have booked the coach with p and o (cruise connect?)

Is there one from your part of the world? It would probably be less stressful.

Feel free to shoot me down if it is a daft suggestion.:D

One cruise we stayed overnight at the Travelodge in Christchurch(quite close to the train station and cheap!) and then caught the train to Southampton the day of the cruise.It was relaxing and Christchurch is quite pleasant for a stroll around

Minimum room price £177 :eek:

Premier inn airport fully booked.

Surely something must be going on in Southampton that weekend.

If the trains are running I could catch the 7am train from home to London Victoria, bus to Waterloo and train to Southampton Central arriving at about 11am. I am Caribbean status so get early boarding and an eleven am arrival should give me a five hour contingency window before the ship sails. Must check if there are any planned engineering works.

I suppose lots of people travel on departure day.

It was only £105 for a twin when I looked! Maybe they have fluid pricing as well.

I suggest before booking anything you wait until next Wed or Thu and see what happens to the prices after the bank holiday weekend.

If you do find a room that you are happy with and want to book I would also suggest that you book with free cancellation so if the prices do drop, you can cancel and rebook again when the prices drop.