Vitally important question.

mintypixie

New to P&O. I am wondering about tea. I know there are tea making facilities in the cabins but where else on board can you get it? Also is it complimentary of is it charged? Finally on other cruise lines we have taken our own tea bag as they serve disgusting American brands, what do P&O serve? Thanks in advance.

The tea is all Twinings however they only have breakfast tea in the cabins. In the buffet they have lots of varieties like fruit, peppermint, camomile etc. therefore you could always take some down to your cabin to drink there.

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Costa Coffee Card

A coffee card is available to purchase at a cost of £22.00* which includes 10 Primo (12oz) Costa coffees, Americano, Latte, Cappuccino or Iced coffees. This would give you an approximate saving of up to 10% on normal cost.

Extract from P&O's site. If you are likely to drink quite a few Costa Coffees, you can buy a card and make a small saving.

P & O have also replaced the awful little plastic tubs of milk with fresh milk sticks these are big improvement and make a good cup of tea which to me, being a big tea drinker, is vitally important!

P & O have also replaced the awful little plastic tubs of milk with fresh milk sticks these are big improvement and make a good cup of tea which to me, being a big tea drinker, is vitally important!

I ask room service for a carton of skimmed milk for the cabin. It's UHT but better than those tubs. I didn't know about the fresh milk sachets, I will look for those - I think I saw them and assumed they were UHT.

Those little sachets are great for taste for us fussy ones (I hate those little UHT pots too) but do be careful when opening them as you can end up splashing a jet of milk all over the place ;)

You can always get a cup of tea when the buffet is open to take out. I take my own tea bags for use in the cabin and usually order room service for breakfast and keep the remaining milk in the fridge to use for the day. Tea and coffee is free at all meals. If you like your tea strong let the waiters know as they only put one tea bag in a pot of tea.

Have just returned from Azura and Twinings had been replaced by PG Tips on the last day, whether this was because they ran out of twinings, or is to be a permanent change I do not know.

Just returned from Oceana, and like you, Twinings was replaced by PG Tips towards the end of the cruise.

Florry, when you say free afternoon tea in the main dining room, does this include sandwiches and cakes? I thought it cost £15 in the restaurant.

Yes, sandwiches, scones, clotted cream, jam, cakes, tea cakes, etc. Choice of different teas or coffee. No charge. The one that is charged is Eric Lanlards Epicurian afternoon tea on Britannia.

Brian

Those little sachets are great for taste for us fussy ones (I hate those little UHT pots too) but do be careful when opening them as you can end up splashing a jet of milk all over the place ;)

I got round that by using a small pair of scissors to cut the tops off the milk.

Epicurean Afternoon teas are now on Azura and Ventura at a cost of £15.00 per person.

I got round that by using a small pair of scissors to cut the tops off the milk.

Epicurean Afternoon teas are now on Azura and Ventura at a cost of £15.00 per person.

I've never had the Epicurean afternoon tea, largely because of my egg intolerance but also as people say how sweet they are. I like the free afternoon tea in the Main Dining Room (MDR), I like the crumpets, and it's great if you miss lunch and can't last until dinner!

I've never had the Epicurean afternoon tea, largely because of my egg intolerance but also as people say how sweet they are. I like the free afternoon tea in the Main Dining Room (MDR), I like the crumpets, and it's great if you miss lunch and can't last until dinner

We didn't enjoy the Epicurean version as in our opinion, yes, it was far too sweet and the tea was dodgy as well. The main dining room afternoon tea was actually better.

This whole thread has made me smile as I used to have to check the important things when travelling with my mother,

Passport

Tickets .

"Proper decent teabags not like that muck that they serve as an excuse for tea on American ships (the heathens)"

She did however approve of the P&O tea selection.

I've never had the Epicurean afternoon tea, largely because of my egg intolerance but also as people say how sweet they are. I like the free afternoon tea in the Main Dining Room (MDR), I like the crumpets, and it's great if you miss lunch and can't last until dinner!

We tried the Epicurean Tea on Britannia but it was far to sweet for us. We prefer the MDR Afternoon Tea, Not that we use that very often. Lovely for a change though. I agree if lunch is missed and you are on second sitting you would be really hungry by 8.30pm.

Yes, sandwiches, scones, clotted cream, jam, cakes, tea cakes, etc. Choice of different teas or coffee. No charge. The one that is charged is Eric Lanlards Epicurian afternoon tea on Britannia.

Brian

Ooh, clotted cream :) I'll have to treat myself to an MDR afternoon tea, as the buffet ones are more like squirty cream (or loosely whipped)