Storms at sea

If all is well and you are safe, its actually quite magical. Sitting up in the crows nest bar (or equivalent on other lines) watching the lightening strikes close enough to almost touch is something worth seeing.

We have also been through storms where we have been confined to cabin, told not to use balconies (obviously) and they tell you to remove anything heavy from shelfs. Not so much fun but still one of the experiences of cruising.

We were returning to Southampton last night on Aurora and saw some fabulous lightning off the south coast. It was pretty special sitting on the balcony watching the sky light up. [emoji1303][emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Reminded me of a spectacular "thunder storm" the evening before docking at Alexandra (s) going on to the prom deck for a better view, saw 2 officers watching made the comment and they said its not a storm its Gunfire that is the coast of Libiya 3 days later they got Gaddaphi.

Went back inside quick

Reminded me of a spectacular "thunder storm" the evening before docking at Alexandra (s) going on to the prom deck for a better view, saw 2 officers watching made the comment and they said its not a storm its Gunfire that is the coast of Libiya 3 days later they got Gaddaphi.

Went back inside quick

And that's what you call an interesting story!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Went back inside quick

My son in law is a contractor working on the cruise ships, he spent 3 weeks working on a ship in malta when it all went off in Libya, tells me the same story and how weird it was sitting there after work with beer in hand watching the sky light up in the distance and the constant bangs and rumbles of what for the first couple of days he thought were storms and then to be told it was Libya being bombed.

I was on Azura last Sunday evening and we sailed through a good storm. The lightening was amazing to watch,,the sea was calm and we just watched it light up the sky. It went on for a few hours as we sailed north.