? Re: Stutthof Excursion in Gdansk - Bonnie can you please help?

AllisonJames

Bonnie, the Stutthof excursion is listed as 9 hours and starts at 12:15 (we don't dock until noon). But that's also the day of the Azamazing Evening. Since Stutthof is only 20 miles from Gdansk, 9 hours seems like an awfully long time allocated for that excursion. I'm wondering if they have combined the excursion with going directly to the Azamazing Evening so people can attend both? Is there any way you can find out? We don't mind missing the Azamazing Evening (we actually enjoy being on the ship at that time) but we'd like to know if that excursion is actually 9 hours long!

Bonnie, the Stutthof excursion is listed as 9 hours and starts at 12:15 (we don't dock until noon). But that's also the day of the Azamazing Evening. Since Stutthof is only 20 miles from Gdansk, 9 hours seems like an awfully long time allocated for that excursion. I'm wondering if they have combined the excursion with going directly to the Azamazing Evening so people can attend both? Is there any way you can find out? We don't mind missing the Azamazing Evening (we actually enjoy being on the ship at that time) but we'd like to know if that excursion is actually 9 hours long!

If you are on Journey's August 1, 2017 voyage, the Azamazing Evening is in St. Petersburg.

That is correct! If it is the 1st August cruise it is now St Petersburg. Azamara do need to notify people who have booked the Azamazing evening at Gdansk that it has changed! To the first night in St Petersburg. Later afternoon or evening bookings people may have made in Gdansk and St Petersburg could be affected by the change!

Bonnie, ship and sailing date should be in the countdown clock at the bottom of my post, did it not come through? Journey, 8/1/17. Even it it's not the same night as the Azamazing Evening, would like to know if excursion is truly 9 hours in length--it's also showing it includes a meal but that's not mentioned anywhere in the description. And I believe the Azamazing Evening is still listed under "Gdansk" in the Land Discoveries section.

Bonnie, ship and sailing date should be in the countdown clock at the bottom of my post, did it not come through? Journey, 8/1/17. Even it it's not the same night as the Azamazing Evening, would like to know if excursion is truly 9 hours in length--it's also showing it includes a meal but that's not mentioned anywhere in the description. And I believe the Azamazing Evening is still listed under "Gdansk" in the Land Discoveries section.

It's a symphonic concert in St. Petersburg, and is listed as such on the web site and in the excursion brochure printed on board for me last week.

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping this to the top -- Bonnie were you able to find out about the excursion -- if it is actually 9 hours long and if so, why (the description on the website tells all about the camp but really doesn't provide a good description of the actual excursion and why it would be 9 hours long). Thanks!

I've not inquired yet. Stutthof is not a port-of-call on the 8/1/17 voyage.

What port of departure does this tour leave from, and what is the exact calendar date?

It's listed as an excursion in Gdansk on the 8/1 Journey cruise.