Cruising during New Years

Too Red

Has anyone ever cruised on Carnival during the New Years holiday? My husband, daughter, in-laws, and myself are booked on the Celebration for this New Years.:D What type of festivities can we expect and do they have special activites for the children during the New Year's Party?

We were on the Triumph for New Year's (a couple of years ago). They emptied the hot tubs and filled them with ice for the champagne (which they passed out freely to everyone). After dinner, we found hats, horns and noise makers in our cabin.

There was a band and the evening was quite a lot of fun. We don't have younger children, so I don't know what activities they offered, but they must have had something for them because I didn't see many small children on the deck during the festivities.

Carnival also has a special New Year's Eve dinner (with a souvenir menu which you can take home with you). There was some confusion over how many formal nights there would be. I was told by Carnival that it is up to someone on the ship(I can't remember exactly who) as to whether or not they switch the formal nights...so it is on New Year's, or add an extra one. On our cruise, they switched the nights.

At midnight, the horn blasts into the night...and on our cruise, they had a "2002" sign of some sort, and what looked like small fireworks (although I doubt they were actual fireworks).

It was a lot of fun... :)

• 1 month later...

We were on Carnival Paradise in the Western Carribbean New Years Eve 2001/New Years Day 2002. I was worried that the "party atmosphere" would be a little much for my kid or my not so partyish anymore husband. It turned out to be great. We had a fabulous dinner. The waiters were especially nice to the 10, 12 and 14 yr olds at out table. Lots of pictures, lots of streamers. The band on the Lido Deck was appropriate for all ages and the champagne was flowing. It was pretty much the parents responsibility to watch out for their own kids, but there were lots of fun things to do. I'm glad we went.

Thanks for all that information. My husband and kids (22 and 20) are cruising on the Miracle for New Years this year. Our first Holiday cruise we normallly goi in Feburary during school vacation, my husband is a teacher, but now that the kids are in college we chose to go at this time so they could go along also. We try to take them every other time! -- After all there is life again when they go off to college !

We can't wait sounds like a lot of fun.

Thanks

Archived