help!!!!!!!!!!!!

tammypyle001

A agree with Nightmare, better chance of replies on Carnival board. But I'll share with you my experience from the Inspiration last year. We went during spring break and my daughters were 13 and 15 at the time. They weren't too impressed with Camp Carnival (I think they thought it was for younger kids). But they were at the age where they preferred hanging out with other kids in the Lido or sunbathing. I think that boys that age might be more into organized activities.

There were tons of kids on the ship. They hooked up with about 6-10 that they became friends with and hung out with them and had a great time. We had set times that we were to meet up and they were very good at leaving us a note in our cabin if they were going somewhere else. The ship gave them an opportunity to have some freedom (as opposed to the whole family doing everything together), but knowing where they were and what they were doing at all times.

As far as dressy clothes, there are probably a couple of formal nights. Dress code is probably tux or suit. However, kids your sons age often wore a nice pair of slacks, a shirt and tie. They looked sharp and no one complained about the lack of a suit.

Would depend on when you are sailing if there will be a lot of kids onboard.

Kids that age dont really get invloved with the camp but do tend to hang out with each other for the week. Carnival will have a meet and greet the first night-so make it apoint of making sure your kids get to this meeting. They will thank you later.

Archived