Hotels in Copenhagen that are close to where the train from the airport stops

First time in Copenhagen and one day to sight see. Can anyone give suggestions on a hotel that is close to where the train in the lower level of the airport stops? I don't need a fancy hotel, lower to moderate is my budget. What would be some highlights in my one day of sightseeing I should definately plan? Thanks so much!!!

If you'd like a nice, lower priced hotel, I can highly recommend the WakeUp Hotel Borgegade. The rooms are not fancy, but they are clean, comfortable and quiet. The lobby is large with some nice Scandanavian furniture. You can also purchase the breakfast buffet which is large, varied and delicious. The hotel is well-located and you can walk to all the city sites from there.

To get to the WakeUp Hotel Borgegade, take the M2 Metro from the airport to the Kongens Nytorv station. After exiting the station, it is an 8-minute walk to the hotel. We easily made this walk with our roller 21-inch bags.

For a one-day visit to Copenhagen, I highly recommend a walking tour. We did the 3-hour tour, Grand Tour Copenhagen, with Copenhagen Free Walking Tours. Our guide was fantastic and we learned so much about the history and culture of Denmark in addition to seeing the city sights. Just be sure to tip your guide generously at the end of your tour.

We stayed on an extra 2 nights at the Absalon in Copenhagen in July after our Baltic cruise. Maybe a block away from the main train station - we took the train to the airport, and it was very easy. Very nice place, reasonably priced, and room seemed enormous after a normal -sized cruise ship room. Breakfasts were included and VERY good.

Have a wonderful time in Copenhagen! We took a hop on, hop-off bus to get our bearings the first morning and then just walked around. Careful of the cyclists - they're quite serious!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We'll be staying an extra day before and 2 after our Baltic cruise and are also looking for a reasonably priced hotel (that is not an American chain), so I'm glad that I found this thread.

Also looking for ideas on sites to see. While DH and DS would love a 3 hour walking tour, I could never walk that long. Any shorter or perhaps car/boat tours to recommend? Did you have any trouble with language?

TIA

Edited by elesay

Also looking for ideas on sites to see. While DH and DS would love a 3 hour walking tour, I could never walk that long. Any shorter or perhaps car/boat tours to recommend? Did you have any trouble with language?

TIA

Just to be clear--The 3-hour walking tour doesn't actually "walk" for 3 hours. There is a 30-minute break in the middle for food and rest and you probably only actually walk 1.5 miles, tops. But, if you can't be on your feet for 2.5 - 3 hours, then that would not work for you.

There are Hop On/Hop Off bus tours, but the reviews of them are mixed. You can also do a 1- hour canal boat tour which is quite enjoyable. There are two companies that offer the same tour at very different prices. To save money, look for "Netto Badene".

I had no problem with the language because I speak English and so does everyone in Denmark. 😊

• 2 weeks later...
If you'd like a nice, lower priced hotel, I can highly recommend the WakeUp Hotel Borgegade. The rooms are not fancy, but they are clean, comfortable and quiet. The lobby is large with some nice Scandanavian furniture. You can also purchase the breakfast buffet which is large, varied and delicious. The hotel is well-located and you can walk to all the city sites from there.

To get to the WakeUp Hotel Borgegade, take the M2 Metro from the airport to the Kongens Nytorv station. After exiting the station, it is an 8-minute walk to the hotel. We easily made this walk with our roller 21-inch bags.

For a one-day visit to Copenhagen, I highly recommend a walking tour. We did the 3-hour tour, Grand Tour Copenhagen, with Copenhagen Free Walking Tours. Our guide was fantastic and we learned so much about the history and culture of Denmark in addition to seeing the city sights. Just be sure to tip your guide generously at the end of your tour.

How easy is it to get to the cruise terminal from Wakeup Hotel?

Yep, just follow Danish Vikings instructions. We did it exactly as he describes and it was super-easy to get to Oceankaj for our cruise. There was enough room on the buses for us and our luggage (carry-ons) and the fare was 24 DKK per person, payable to the driver.

Edited by GradUT

• 3 weeks later...

I would second the Absalon vote. It is just a block or two from the train, 5 minute walk to trivoli and about a 15 minute walk from the shopping district and town square. The breakfast is excellent, with good European and North American food choices. The only downside is noisy courtyard, so try to avoid a room on that side if possible, and I don't remember having Air Conditioning, not unusual in boutique style hotels in Europe.