Difference in Interior Stateroom Categories??

CruiseMe2018

Usually, it's location. While the "view" is the same in ALL interiors...some decks are perceived as "better"..but better is in the eye of the beholder! Sometimes, it's how many beds there are in the cabin.

The important thing to know, if you are thinking of booking a "guarantee" (or buying from a large wholesaler/retailer where you don't get to choose your own cabin) -- the lower (earlier in the alphabet) the designation, the "better" the category -- so a small inside with only a desk and chair on a high deck in the bouncy forward, but a number that starts with "I" (that's capital i) is considered more desirable than a large square cabin with a chair, vanity stool, and wrap-around sofa that is low and midships -- if its number starts with J.

They always have a rational to feed you -- "Higher decks are better, blah, blah"... but many of us suspect that the reassignment of otherwise unwanted cabins to better categories is so that they can indeed unload them on people booking guarantees (that is when you agree to "Let us choose your cabin").

The above scenario BTW, is one we found ourselves in after paying for a 26-day cruise from a well-established mail-order travel agency. We took a paid upgrade when I realized we might find ourselves in a broomcloset for almost a month!!! We ended up in a larger oceanview... under the nightclub. This is why I throw their mailings right in the trash now, and book myself or with my HAL PCC.