***Welcome To The New Cruise Countdown Club***

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Lose Before You Cruise
A place for cruisers to share their stories of how to lose weight before a cruise. Virtual snacks allowed, but only in small quantities.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 04:46 AM.
Illinois
2,532 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
I haven't been to the pool. Kinda got into a problem with a "friend" and I don't want to run into her there. Lets just say she is not a friend anymore.

I have to get the bus in Rockford. It is free parking in their secure lot.

Nothing is flooded here or even around here, thank goodness. But one of the Wed night gals had several inches or water in her basement. She lives pretty far from here.

I got the rest of the grass cut this morning, way in the back it was still pretty wet but I got thru it.

I have never had a pedicure!

There was a polka band in the park a couple of towns away tonight. I met several friends and had a fun night polka-ing. Two guys were there, one I used to get hay from when I had horses and now we go to the same church. The other one I knew from line dancing 20+ years ago. He is a good dancer. This was the same friends that were there last year. It was a fun night.

Sharon
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Sun 4/11
NCL Spirit 4/09
NCL Sun 10/08
NCL Pearl 10/07
NCL Jewel 11/06
NCL Sun 10/05
NCL Spirit 10/04
NCL Sky 10/03
NCL Jewel 12/13
Lansing, IL
4,631 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Sharon, I am so sorry to hear about this lady who has upset you so. What happened that has set you off that you do not want to see her? It is too bad that you have to change what you loved doing that you cannot do anymore.

That sounds real good that you were able to go out dancing and met friends that you have not seen for a long while. Plus around here the temps were mild and even in the day it only got into the 70's. Today temps in the 70's and 60's. Guess what is the next day for rain is?

I see all of the places that are in flood zones. Too bad about your friend with having water in her place. I think you told me that your place is up on a hill so no worries about getting flooded.

So is Rockford about 1/2 hour from where you live? It is good that they have a secure lot to park in. So what time will you be back at the lot once you return? Enjoy and have a great time.

Kathy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bill & Kathy

Adventure Of The Sea-1-28-2007-SJU-Caribbean 7 Days
Constellation-1-28-2008-FLL-Caribbean 11 Days
Journey-1/31-2009-MIA-Caribbean 12 Days
Solstice-4/20/2015-Hawaii-YVR 11 Days

"I'd Rather Be On A Ship With A Drink On The Rocks, Than In The Drink With A Ship On The Rocks."

What lies behind us and what lies before us
are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. Ralph Waldo Emerson
Illinois
2,532 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
I am finally packed, but my mind is still running through all the things that I need to pack and mentally checking them off. I plan on leaving an hour earlier than I need to be there. I changed to Rockford because it is an hour later than the pick up in Janesville and we get back an hour earlier than Janesville. So I can be home before they get up there. Supposed to get back around 7 or 8 pm on the 22nd, Saturday. Still means I have to get up around 5 am, which is not easy but then again sometimes I can't sleep the night before anyway.

I will tell you about the "friend" when I get back, don't want to go into it right now.

I got a 30% off coupon from Kohl's so that meant I had to go look. I ended up buying several things, a pair of bermuda's a couple of tops and a swimming suit top. So many things were on sale! I spent $40 + dollars and saved $112. Sounds impressive doesn't it.

Okay I'm taking my tablet with so maybe I'll get to post to you while I'm gone.
Sharon
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Sun 4/11
NCL Spirit 4/09
NCL Sun 10/08
NCL Pearl 10/07
NCL Jewel 11/06
NCL Sun 10/05
NCL Spirit 10/04
NCL Sky 10/03
NCL Jewel 12/13
Lansing, IL
4,631 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Sharon, I know what you mean about getting up so early. As I hate to do that as well. But the good news since you have both seats to your self you can kick back and sleep some on the bus. Then tonight after touring, you will have no problem sleeping tonight.

I thought you had told me she is not your friend anymore. So lets just call her your not friend. I would think that you should know when she goes to the pool. So you should go at a time when she will not be there. If by chance she would end up there when you are there, then just do not say anything to her at all. There is no use pretending to like her when you do not.

You always find such good deals at Kohl's. I know for myself, I never let those coupons go by once I get them as well.

That was a good move going to Rockford rather than Wisconsin. Saving time is the way to go. This really sounds like a good trip that you are going on. Plus I would think that they will just keep you all at 1 hotel.

Enjoy and have a great time away.

Kathy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bill & Kathy

"I'd Rather Be On A Ship With A Drink On The Rocks, Than In The Drink With A Ship On The Rocks."

Lansing, IL
4,631 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Sharon, up your way we have been getting a lot of rain the past 2 days. Much flooding along the Fox River. I am sure your place is just fine, but you may come home to some standing water in some places on your property.

We won again in boccie on Wednesday. A very close game and Bill carried us to the win. We only have 5 weeks left to play and we have to win them all to get back into a winning position.

Kathy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bill & Kathy

Illinois
2,532 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
Still on the bus, traveling through Indiana. The plan is to stop at the Ohare oasis for dinner and then arrive back in Rockford about 7 pm. There was wifi in Canada but no service to connect for anyones phones or devices.

Sawalot of fun things, the hotels ranged from poor the first night (Quality Inn), better the next 3 nights (Holiday Inn, Niagra Falls) to excellent (Best Western, MI). Will be glad to get home to my own bed though.

My neighbor checked my house and texted me that there was some water in the basement but it was draining. I was thinking I haven't heard the sump pump run since I got the new furnace. Hope they didn't unplug it or something. There shouldn't have been any water come in.

Will post more tomorrow, congrats on the bocce win !
Sharon
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Sun 4/11
NCL Spirit 4/09
NCL Sun 10/08
NCL Pearl 10/07
NCL Jewel 11/06
NCL Sun 10/05
NCL Spirit 10/04
NCL Sky 10/03
NCL Jewel 12/13
Lansing, IL
4,631 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Sharon, so if you are going through Indiana, you will be going right by us on your way to O'Hara. Sorry to hear about a bad hotel night. Glad to hear that the other nights were mush better. I hope you did not run into bad weather. We have gotten much rain over the past few days and more expected tomorrow.

That does not sound right about your basement. I'll bet those guys disconnected the pump when they were working down there. If that was the case you have every right to be upset.

Welcome back home later on.

Kathy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bill & Kathy

Illinois
2,532 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
Yes, I don't know who to call about the water in the basement. It looks like it is coming from the well holding tank. I mop it up and its right back again. Then the pump doesn't run but every ten minutes the water drains down the drain real noisy. So not sure if I call the well guy or the plumber guy. Think I might start with the well guy.

Thought by getting all new stuff that I wouldn't have a problem, didn't think about those two things. I hate trying to figure out stuff by myself, I never know what to do or who to call.

It's good to be home, was going to cut grass but it started raining real hard so didn't do it today. Looks like might not be able to do it tomorrow either if it doesn't dry up.

I had two really big zucchini's when I got back, I like them smaller but maybe I can use some of one and give the other one away.

We only had rain one day on the trip and that was in Toronto. We went to an area they were redoing with all small shops and a brewery. We got out to look and it started pouring. I had my poncho from the falls boat trip and some people had umbrella's but lots had nothing and got really wet. Toronto has an underground pedway like Chicago does.

Sharon
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Sun 4/11
NCL Spirit 4/09
NCL Sun 10/08
NCL Pearl 10/07
NCL Jewel 11/06
NCL Sun 10/05
NCL Spirit 10/04
NCL Sky 10/03
NCL Jewel 12/13