Margaritaville: 14.99$ cover on Breakaway only?

AlexandNessa

I know they are running a cover charge trial (instead of a la carte pricing) at Margaritaville on the Breakaway. All you can eat for 14.99$pp. Any word on how that's going? And is it only on Breakaway right now?

We will not be going if it's a 14.99$ cover pp. At most, hubby and I would split an order of nachos, which just became 35.38$ for two people with an 18% gratuity if we share. (BARGAIN!)

Yes, I know you can get nachos at O'Sheehan's, but they hardly compare.

Thanks to anyone with insight.

I know they are running a cover charge trial (instead of a la carte pricing) at Margaritaville on the Breakaway. All you can eat for 14.99$pp. Any word on how that's going? And is it only on Breakaway right now?

We will not be going if it's a 14.99$ cover pp. At most, hubby and I would split an order of nachos, which just became 35.38$ for two people with an 18% gratuity if we share. (BARGAIN!)

Yes, I know you can get nachos at O'Sheehan's, but they hardly compare.

Thanks to anyone with insight.

Margaritaville is on the Getaway now too...

$14.99 seems a bit high especially if you are just popping in for appetizers.

I would be interested in peoples experience with the pricing.

Yes, me too! It doesn't seem like Margaritaville has found its footing with pricing. Free = too packed. A la carte is obviously not working either if they are trialling a cover charge instead.

I wonder if we can have the option of going a la carte or going for the $14.99 cover charge?

Because we like going to Margaritaville for the conch fritters!

No option...had read on another thread about a group wanting to get the volcano nachos and were told it would be 14.99 pp plus 18%.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

No option...had read on another thread about a group wanting to get the volcano nachos and were told it would be 14.99 pp plus 18%.

Wow. I hope this experiment doesn't stick. We've eaten twice at Margaritaville and really enjoyed our second time. We thought about going back for snacks later in the week, but never made it. There is no way we would consider $15+/person for snacks (nachos or chips and queso). I hope they at least consider an option where you can have a choice of paying a la carte.

I can not comment on the exact cost but can say that it was empty all of last week. We just got off of the breakaway this morning and it was empty. They do have a small buffet breakfast set up in the mornings for free and that we even empty.

I can not comment on the exact cost but can say that it was empty all of last week. We just got off of the breakaway this morning and it was empty. They do have a small buffet breakfast set up in the mornings for free and that we even empty.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm hoping the trial fails. When I first heard about the trial, the concern was that people would be too greedy and order too much and waste too much food. I thought, yeah, no, it's more likely people forego it all together, because they can't eat any more than a burger or quesadilla, neither which are worth 17.69$.

What a mess NCL has made of all this. They have taken a great outdoors fresh air venue and turned it into something most of us don't care to return to. We loved the Flamingo Grill on the Getaway. Breakaway had a similar great fresh air venue.

We gave it a try a couple of times, and yes, the nachos were probably the most enjoyable item on the menu to have....but not at $15 per person:eek:

Perhaps NCL should read what all of us regular customers think before they make any more 'improvements' to this venue!

Damn for $14.99 per person I would hope you got a margarita included too.

$14.99 for a "specialty" dining option doesn't sound expensive. Yes, if you only are going there to share an order of nachos then it's not worth it. But the same can be said about any of the other specialties that charge a cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$14.99 for a "specialty" dining option doesn't sound expensive. Yes, if you only are going there to share an order of nachos then it's not worth it. But the same can be said about any of the other specialties that charge a cover.

Also not worth it for a burger, quesadilla, pretzel sticks, chips and queso, fish and chips, chicken sandwich, taco salad ... Oh wait, that's pretty much the whole menu. ;)

All they offer there are slightly upgraded versions of what you can get for free at O"Sheehan's. If I'm going to drop 15 bucks for lunch, I'll go to Food Republic and get my monies worth.

Wow I don't like the idea of a $14.99 cover charge for Margaritaville at all. I sure hope NCL doesn't try it out on our Escape cruise in September. I will be very disappointed and would not eat there.

My guess is very few people will go there now. I was looking forward to a Nachos or a cheeseburger, but not anymore. This is another NCL bad idea.

It's really odd how NCL has handled this. The old place prior to Margaritaville on the Breakaway was great and free. I would have rather had that with no cover or a la carte fee.

BTW, Carnival has Guy's Burger Joint and Guy's Pig & Anchor Bar-B-Que Smokehouse on their ships. Both are free for everyone. I haven't tried them yet.

Also not worth it for a burger, quesadilla, pretzel sticks, chips and queso, fish and chips, chicken sandwich, taco salad ... Oh wait, that's pretty much the whole menu. ;)

And that's what great about freestyle. Go there if you want or not. If you were to order two things it certainly pays for itself. I've never been there but the price won't stop me if I ever want to go.

Edited by Moby0215

What a mess NCL has made of all this. They have taken a great outdoors fresh air venue and turned it into something most of us don't care to return to. We loved the Flamingo Grill on the Getaway. Breakaway had a similar great fresh air venue.

We gave it a try a couple of times, and yes, the nachos were probably the most enjoyable item on the menu to have....but not at $15 per person:eek:

Perhaps NCL should read what all of us regular customers think before they make any more 'improvements' to this venue!

I agree 100%...

Get it right NCL...If you are going to do a cover charge, make it somewhat reasonable like $10/person (and even that is a high for a couple of burgers and fries for lunch).

Perhaps then I might go there again!

Don