Question for those who've sailed Montreal to Boston

jdaa

Can anyone tell me how long it will take to clear customs in Bar Harbor?

We're scheduled to be in port from 8am to 5pm, and I've booked a private tour for that day to begin at 9:30am. Now I'm wondering if that is too early?? I've just learned that Customs will board in order to clear all passengers before anyone is allowed onshore, and so there could be a substantial delay. (We're in Halifax the day before Bar Harbor.)

Thanks so much!

I took this trip a couple of years ago - I don't remember a terribly long wait to get off the ship, but I was not doing any tours and was not in a hurry. The ship usually arrives in a port on the early side but I may not be the best resource for you for your question.

It is a tender stop and Seabourn gives people on Seabourn excursions priority on departure time for their tours. 9:30 A.M. may be a bit early. You might want to reschedule departure time and/or give a call to your T.A. or to the Seabourn office and ask them.

In regard to Boston disembarkation - we were in port early and left the ship about 9:30 or so. We live near Boston and had a friend picking us up. There are taxis at the port and it is not a long ride to the train station. I would probably not book a train much before 11:00 or noon to be on the safe side.