Seabourn Chaine des Rotisseurs

marama

By chance while reading through the Seabourn brochure earlier this year, I noticed a reference to their membership of The Chaine des Rotisseurs. However I've never been on a cruise where they have made any reference to this or organised any events for other Chaine members who may be on board. I wonder whether any other CC members who perhaps cruise more often than I, have experienced a Chaine event hosted by Seabourn while on their travels?

Spoke to our hotel director the other day when we and friends who are Chaine members noticed the plaque on the ship. He said Seabourn has kept up their membership but have not hosted any events in recent years as it is up to the local chapters to organize. Our friends have done a couple recently with Silversea organized by a California chapter.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Chairsin, thats interesting to hear. In June, the Malta Chaine organised a lunch on Odyssey when she was in harbour in Valletta. We enjoyed the event but rather felt as though we were a bit in the way and Seabourn took some persuading to organise it, which I found disappointing. My vegetarian main course option was spiral pasta with ratatouille. I pointed out to the Maitre'd that this was more or less a childs nursery dish and he was apologetic and offered to replace it with something else - but that was the general flavour of the event and I wondered whether someone had twisted the Executive Chef s arm to agree the event in the first place.

Two of our number who spend large amounts of money on luxury cruising but had yet to try Seabourn commented that it was the first time they had arrived onboard a ship without a welcome glass of something waiting. This was certainly not the fault of the charming Officer who did a great job of shepherding us around the ship - we were the only two who had been onboard a Seabourn ship before.

Seabourn also changed the very nice menu which had been agreed and we weren't informed until we arrived in the dining room, which was just discourteous. Its a shame because Seabourn is missing a great PR opportunity here - I'd also like to see a Chaine event on some cruises, even just a drinks get together.

Does anyone know who the Hotel Director on Odyssey is at present? Perhaps I could have a word when we sail in a few weeks!

Marama,

To be fair our hotel director has only been with Seabourn for a year. And while he is a lovely and vey competent HD he may not be up to speed with all things Seabourn. Sorry can't help with the current Odyssey HD.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Marama,

To be fair our hotel director has only been with Seabourn for a year. And while he is a lovely and vey competent HD he may not be up to speed with all things Seabourn. Sorry can't help with the current Odyssey HD.

Which HD would that be?