A Secret I Didn't Know

babs135

Okay, it may not be a secret to everyone but we've only just discovered (on our 3rd crossing) that if you are in the Commodore Club at about 5 pm they serve canapés and other finger food. :o

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but if it had I must have missed it, and if it hadn't, now everyone knows. :D

Oh dear ! babs where have you been ;) it's not only in the Commodore Bar but also in the Chart room. ( across the fleet)

Cold Canapés are served in the Chart room during pre diner cocktails usually after 5pm and up until 8.30pm/ish .

Hot & cold Canapés are usually served in the Commodore Bar from about 7pm.

babs ..that's the beauty of Cunard line ;)

:o:o:o:

And I thought I'd done all my research! It seems to me that I am left with only one option: I'm going to have to book another crossing so that I can make up for what I have missed on the earlier ones :D:D:

Hello, We always eat late dinner and have drink in the Commodore.

The biggest problem we find is the waiters just keep on bringing food.

First crisps and a mixture of nuts, then cold canapes closely followed by hot ones. They will also, if you are not careful, replenish the crisps and nuts. Then dinner calls.

Rodger.

Hello, We always eat late dinner and have drink in the Commodore.

The biggest problem we find is the waiters just keep on bringing food.

First crisps and a mixture of nuts, then cold canapes closely followed by hot ones. They will also, if you are not careful, replenish the crisps and nuts. Then dinner calls.

Rodger.

We find by the time we go into dinner, we've already eaten a meal's worth!

Edited by cruiseluvva

Tara Jane, The Commodore Club is the place to be seen ;) :D :D

Can't understand those who spend 'every evening' ( even formal evenings) in the pub. Uncomfortable or hardly any seating at all with a large TV switched on ,but silent :confused: The pub's ok for a morning quiz, fish & chip lunch and a beer or two , but fancy dressing up to spend an evening sitting in a pub. We can do that sort of thing at home.;) Oh and no canapés or nibbles served in there .

Agree BellBoy, we love both venues for different reasons and at different times of day...We are such little piglets we make a bee-line for the hot canapes to enjoy with our pre-dinner martinis....will be testing them next week to make sure they are of acceptable standard :D

They do disappear if there is norovirus about, maybe they don't mention them in the brochure so it can be a nice surprise when they are available not something to complain about when they are not !

But yes, there is definitely a better class of canapes in the Commodore Club on all the ships.

Are these 'nibbles' mentioned anywhere in Cunard's brochures? As I said in my original post, although I thought I had done extensive research before our first crossing, I clearly had missed these treats.

I don't believe they are mentioned, but then again why would they need too ?

That's the beauty of Cunard's Product & Brand ;)

I mean, it's a bit like going into any high class/sophisticated hotel bar in New York or London ( The American Bar at the Savoy springs to mind here ;) ) It's something that we expect and it makes our evenings a sense of occasion as well as an accompaniment to the drinks ...However, those crisps & nibbles do make you thirsty, so more revenue for the Food & Beverage team ;)

:)

Edited by Bell Boy

Okay, it may not be a secret to everyone but we've only just discovered (on our 3rd crossing) that if you are in the Commodore Club at about 5 pm they serve canapés and other finger food. :o

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but if it had I must have missed it, and if it hadn't, now everyone knows. :D

We've known about it since our fist trip in 2004. It's usually publicized. Read about it in your daily paper or in your brochure. Sir Samuel's also has great pastries served as well.

We go to the Commodore Club most evening before dinner. I love it there! We have just arrived back from 24 nights on QE and we went most evenings for pre dinner drinks.

I must be one of the few people who never eat the nibbles and the hot canapé's. They look very tempting but I seldom allow myself any. I did try the satay chicken on the final night of our cruise a few days ago. My reason for not eating them is three fold.

One. I do to want to eat when I am busy talking to friends.

Two. I won't eat when I am dressed up and got my lippy on. Need to wait till I am seated at dinner.

Three. I don't allow myself nibbles as I am disciplined in my eating habits. :)

Oh! and four, I am not good at balancing on my high heels , glass in hand clutch bag under my arm and try to eat finger food as well.

It all looks yummy but it isn't for me even if I am seated at the bar which is my usual place.

On world cruises you get wonderful parties for full world cruisers and the food is just amazing that they serve in the Queens Room. Huge tables of everything from Sushi to hot garlic prawns satay chicken, a huge chocolate buffet and all this before dinner. I was always amazed how people managed to eat and then go on to dinner.

However , I do enjoy the pre dinner social side of going to the Commodore Club and this time there was a brilliant pianist/ singer who really livened it all up. Plus we met lovely friends old and new.

Played not only cocktail music but sang some really good songs as well. Cheers!

• 9 months later...

Slightly bored tonight so I'm skimming through old threads of mine. I know, I really need to get a life, but sometimes they remind me of things I've forgotten.

This one cropped up and I assume the nibbles are still available following the refit? We will be on board in December.