Is a round trip TA counted as one or two voyages?

Lanky Lad

I am thinking of doing a round trip TA and just wondered if this is counted as one or two trips by the CWC?

Not to fussed about cocktail parties, but would I get one or two lunches in the Veranda. Most import is the free internet time, would it be 8 hours for the full 14 days?

The the subject, if I booked a tour in New York would I get priority going through immigration?

This will not stop me booking but would be interesting to know.

Last year I booked a cruise on the QV that was 14 days long. Because of the way the summer season worked, it could also have been sold as two 7-day cruises. We bought it as a 14-day cruise.

My shareholder OBC was awarded as a 14-day cruise (which is good as it would have been less if it had counted as two 7-day cruises) as was my internet time. However, the last 7 days did not include a non-EU port and new regulations had come in meaning that VAT had to be charged on shipboard purchases. For this purpose it was counted as two 7-day cruises. The first had an EU port but the second did not. Purchases in the first were exempt but purchases in the second cost extra.

From my experience, then, it can depend how you book and if there are any strange regulations around.

CWC Internet loyalty: You will receive two lots of CWC loyalty internet......what you don't use up on the way out will also be credited to your additional internet for the return, just remind the internet manager before arrival at the first port of call.

Ships tour into Manhattan : In transit guests, if you have booked a tour from the ship you will make the bus departure comfortably. Just follow the time of disembarkation they recommend.

CWC Internet loyalty: You will receive two lots of CWC loyalty internet......what you don't use up on the way out will also be credited to your additional internet for the return, just remind the internet manager before arrival at the first port of call.

Ships tour into Manhattan : In transit guests, if you have booked a tour from the ship you will make the bus departure comfortably. Just follow the time of disembarkation they recommend.

Thanks for the advice. :)

We did a roundtrip TA a couple of years ago. We got double OBC (from FCD) BUT it only counted as one voyage for our Cunard World Club tier.

Regarding ship's tours, you may only get a couple of choices. All we got given were:

New York Highlights, 7.45am-11.45am. $72

Manhattan Transfer 7.30am-4pm (pick up 3pm). $50

Edited by Ray66

We did a roundtrip TA a couple of years ago. We got double OBC (from FCD) BUT it only counted as one voyage for our Cunard World Club tier.

Regarding ship's tours, you may only get a couple of choices. All we got given were:

New York Highlights, 7.45am-11.45am. $72

Manhattan Transfer 7.30am-4pm (pick up 3pm). $50

Thanks for the advice. I am on QM2 in November so not booking anything before I pay for a Future Cruise Deposit. I think we have pretty much decided on a round trip T/A.

I had done a search and found a old tread which mentioned tours in New York. Not much of a choice but if it means we can be off earlier then it would be a good thing. The only reason I can see for booking a Cunard transfer / tour over a taxi would be if it means we can be off the ship earlier than we would be doing our own thing.

Would I be right to think we will get different speakers and acts on each leg but the same production shows?

Would I be right to think we will get different speakers and acts on each leg but the same production shows?

Yes. We had Crazy in Love and Apassionata both weeks. And there was one act, singer Philip Browne, both weeks but the other acts changed. Different speakers each leg.

Interesting. I hadn't thought we'd get double. In our case, our 16 day RT TA itinerary has a 2 night jaunt to Bruges/Zeebrugge in the middle (NY-SOU, SOU-Zeebruge-SOU, SOU-NY)

Not to get greedy, but would be great to get a little extra for the 2 day trip in addition to the two crossings. (Looking at the benefits, the internet listing doesn't have a footnote requiring a 5 day minimum). One can hope - and I'll check into the Internet Cafe with my happiest persona and ask.

Booking a continuous round trip as two separate voyages as opposed to one back-to-back can sometimes save a huge amount. I have seen it several times over the past few years.

A friend who doesn't have a computer asked me to check a late autumn back-to-back. On each crossing balcony staterooms cost about Can.$1070, but if booked as one voyage the best balcony fare was $5500. The categories were not exactly the same, so the comparison is not accurate, but certainly it is close. I have noticed that for some voyages it can save a third of the cost when booking the exact categories as two crossings.

Although we could have booked separate voyages, we really didn't want to bother with changing cabins, tables, and checking in. After there was a fare promotion, the convenience of the single booking outweighed the savings for us. (Also our itinerary is composed of three sub-itineraries because of a Zeebrugge jaunt, which made things more complicated)

Mark

Edited by MarkBearSF

If it is an official classified roundtrip TA as stated in the Cunard brochure with a designated cruise number then it is classified as only one cruise. We did roundtrip TA last year lasting 14nts and received only one lot of cruise benefits from CWC and shareholder OBC applicable to a 14 nt cruise.

If it is an official classified roundtrip TA as stated in the Cunard brochure with a designated cruise number then it is classified as only one cruise. We did roundtrip TA last year lasting 14nts and received only one lot of cruise benefits from CWC and shareholder OBC applicable to a 14 nt cruise.

If booked as 1 voyage number and doing a back to back then you get 2 CWC sets of benefits, but counted as 1 voyage.

The internet on QM2 now cuts off at 2359 on last night prior to arrival

see

https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/returning-home/transatlantic_benefits

Edited by Pennbank

We did a round trip last year, 2015, Soton-NY-Soton. It was advertised as a round trip but when we got the confirmation it came through as 2 separate voyages with different voyage numbers. (Booked with UK TA) Ok, we thought as we will have 2 lots of benefits as Platinum level, which proved to be correct.

Our cabin was a guarantee and on assignment we were given 2 different cabins but both in the same area. The problem was that we planned to be on the 7hr excursion in New York and how would that pan out with moving cabins, new key cards etc.

Luckily, shortly before the cruise we were "upgraded" to the same cabin for both legs and to boot, an accessible cabin which was huge. Apparently, if you do have to move cabins, the steward does it for you and you just need to collect your new keycard on the changeover day.

If booked as 1 voyage number and doing a back to back then you get 2 CWC sets of benefits, but counted as 1 voyage.

The internet on QM2 now cuts off at 2359 on last night prior to arrival

see

No you do not we did a roundtrip TA last October it was in brochure as a 14nt roundtrip TA was not classified as a back to back and we only had one set of CWC benefits had the same stateroom, dinner table and kept same cruise card. It was not booked as a westbound and then added an eastbound, there are select few that are classed as roundtrip TAs 14nt cruises and we have booked another one for October 2018 M839C. The best benefit is that you only get one bottle of Pol Acker lol.

I spent a bit of time researching this. I did a back to back round trip, as did 250 other folks this summer. There are always both options (booking as one voyage or two) until they sell out.

It was literally thousands of dollars less booking as two voyages, rather than one in our case. We had P2 guarantee and a BV guarantee. We got modest upgrades. Yes, we did need to move cabins, but it is really nothing and easily accomplished around ones schedule.

Also, in terms of the loyalty program, it was an advantage to have two eight day sailings rather than one 16 day sailing.

No you do not we did a roundtrip TA last October it was in brochure as a 14nt roundtrip TA was not classified as a back to back and we only had one set of CWC benefits had the same stateroom, dinner table and kept same cruise card. It was not booked as a westbound and then added an eastbound, there are select few that are classed as roundtrip TAs 14nt cruises and we have booked another one for October 2018 M839C. The best benefit is that you only get one bottle of Pol Acker lol.

Did you read the link ?

I have always had double internet time and CWC benefits when doing b2b on ta's.

although Cunard do say "

Please note that there may be occasions where the above not operationally possible and one sets of benefits are given"

Edited by Pennbank

Yes. We had Crazy in Love and Apassionata both weeks. And there was one act, singer Philip Browne, both weeks but the other acts changed. Different speakers each leg.

You sometimes get the same films both week as well

Did you read the link ?

I have always had double internet time and CWC benefits when doing b2b on ta's.

although Cunard do say "

Please note that there may be occasions where the above not operationally possible and one sets of benefits are given"

Yes I have read that before but on our roundtrip TA in October I specifically asked at reception on the second day just to make sure and was told, and received,only one set of CWC benefits.

Yes I have read that before but on our roundtrip TA in October I specifically asked at reception on the second day just to make sure and was told, and received,only one set of CWC benefits.

Did you only get invited to the World Club party in one direction ?

Did you purchase an Internet package on the return ?

Did you only get invited to the World Club party in one direction ?

Did you purchase an Internet package on the return ?

We got invited to only one CWC party and I used my CWC internet benefit on the way to New York in case we lost it for on our return and I did not purchase an internet package as I did not use the internet returning to Southampton for that reason.

I have no personal experience, but I thought it depended on whether your itinerary had one booking number or two. If you book it as a roundtrip (with a single booking number) it would be considered one trip with one set of perks, but if it were booked as two one-way bookings you might get perks for each segment.

It may well depend on which way the wind is blowing..... ! It's an old chestnut which we have discussed with senior officers at one of the drinks receptions. On our then 17 night one booking ref.trip, we accepted that it was one voyage, the officers felt that we should have got the credit for 3.... though we did get multiple invites to cocktail receptions... so a bit of a difference at the time about the views of Land versus Sea....