What drink packages are sold on QV,closest grocery store near Civitavecchia port

gam888

I called Cunard and they were not able to quote me prices over the phone regarding the drink prices available on Queen Victoria. They were not shown on the Personaliser either. We are not big drinkers, but would like to consider the smallest drink package available, offer just wine and beer, (unless spirits are included as well). The Cunard representative gave me a rough idea that it could be around $10 per person per day, could that be right, it sounds a bit too low. She also said only 1 person in the cabin needs to purchase it. Usually both people in the cabin would have to purchase the same drink package. So if anyone who has sailed recently on the QV and can recall what they paid for the drink packages, please share the info with us. Thanks in advance.

Also, what is the closest grocery store within walking distance to the cruise terminal in Civitavecchia, we might want to pick up our own wine and bring it on board if we decide not to purchase the drink package. Thanks.

There isn't a grocery store within walking distance of the civitavecchia port. It feels like it's out in the middle of nowhere. I don't even remember a convenience type store either. I lived in Naples when we took a cruise out of that port. It is strictly shipping and cruise ships not anywhere near a town

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

There isn't a grocery store within walking distance of the civitavecchia port. It feels like it's out in the middle of nowhere. I don't even remember a convenience type store either. I lived in Naples when we took a cruise out of that port. It is strictly shipping and cruise ships not anywhere near a town

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

True,iIt can be a long way from the ship to the port gates, there is usually a shuttle bus provided. but there are at least 3 supermarkets in the town, including Carrefour around 550 metres from the port gates, just off the main street. There are probably some wine shops as well! If you are interested in markets, there is often one on the sea front as well as the main market in town.

as recently as last fall, there was a wine store on via e toti [ near piazza frati and a grocery [ todis ] on via isonso just inside of the porta tarquinia

Hi doncarlos,

Do you recall if the Todis grocery store carry wine, average table wine quality is fine, we are not looking for a fancy wine store with lots of collection. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...