Prepaying Gratuities

Steelers0854

I know that you can prepay gratuities but having never used the Disney Interface before and being too far out still to explore on my own can someone tell me how I can prepay the gratuities? Also, can I use a Disney gift card or only a credit card? I booked through a TA if it makes a difference.

Also, I have read some conflicting information. Is it possible to load OBC on to your account beforehand? I see you cannot prepay for excursions or cabanas etc and was curious if you can load some OBC.

Thanks!

Edited by Steelers0854

I know that you can prepay gratuities but having never used the Disney Interface before and being too far out still to explore on my own can someone tell me how I can prepay the gratuities? Also, can I use a Disney gift card or only a credit card? I booked through a TA if it makes a difference.

Also, I have read some conflicting information. Is it possible to load OBC on to your account beforehand? I see you cannot prepay for excursions or cabanas etc and was curious if you can load some OBC.

Thanks!

To pre-pay the gratuities, you need to call DCL and have them added. They will add the amount of the gratuities to the cost of the cruise.

You can use Disney Gift Cards to pay for the cruise, and gratuities, as long as the DCL logo is on it. There are Disney store specific Disney gift cards. You'll need to give the gift card numbers to your TA and your TA will submit them to DCL to apply to the reservation.

You can add OBC, I believe, via the same route. But I know for sure you can use the Gifts & Amenities form to purchase onboard credit. https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/gifts-and-amenities/

Call the TA if used, and add what you can, Cards and whatnot.

You can also just prepay using any form of payment to the onboard account prior to sailing.

Most struggle to grasp this.

It's your account. You either owe, or you don't. Prior to boarding odds are you don't owe.

You could call TA or DCL and add $1K to your onboard account at any time prior to boarding.

Apply to onboard account, so you are good to go.

Then once aboard you will have a $1K credit.

But daily they (DCL) will deduct the daily tips, unless you paid them in advance, but that's OK.

Tips are automatic.

We just call ahead and apply an amount to our account. Knowing certain tips will be deducted, And knowing we will adjust those outrageous tips.

They will deduct tips anyway from said account. So what's the difference. ? ? ?

Then they deduct everything else you charge, such as beverages, excursions, childcare, gift shop purchases, duty free, gambling, etc.

And everything else you want to do financially is based on the on board account.

Therefore why not fund it initially.

Tips are paid out of it, why limit any fixed payment out of it, so ...

So ......

Edited by bear3412

And knowing we will adjust those outrageous tips.

I hope you mean that you increase them? The tips are a relatively small amount and the crew that works insanely hard to provide a good experience depend on them for their wages. Decreasing the automatic gratuities directly impacts them.

Edited by Steelers0854

I hope you mean that you increase them? .....

We have sailed enough to understand the standards regarding tipping on most lines.

We never under tip if that is your concern. :rolleyes:

We also find ourselves compensating others that may be involved in our stay. ;)

We actually have been around the loop. :)

Oh, to answer your question; yes, generally.

Thanks for your concern though. :D

Edited by bear3412