Regent's birthday card

• 2 months later...

This may be a light-hearted thread -- but not for everyone. Not for me. I am Titanium with Regent. So was my husband, before he died almost 3 years ago. Each year Regent still sends him birthday wishes. I know our TA informed them, told them to stop after I called her in 2013 in tears from the shock of opening the first card. In last week's mail I once again received these unwanted, unwelcome and painful birthday wishes from Regent to my dead husband. How dare they use the fact that we are forced to provide the cruise line with our passports including birth date, for their own marketing purposes. Shame on Regent. And BTW, yes they send me a birthday card each year, also unwanted. This marketing ploy failed here.

This may be a light-hearted thread -- but not for everyone. Not for me. I am Titanium with Regent. So was my husband, before he died almost 3 years ago. Each year Regent still sends him birthday wishes. I know our TA informed them, told them to stop after I called her in 2013 in tears from the shock of opening the first card. In last week's mail I once again received these unwanted, unwelcome and painful birthday wishes from Regent to my dead husband. How dare they use the fact that we are forced to provide the cruise line with our passports including birth date, for their own marketing purposes. Shame on Regent. And BTW, yes they send me a birthday card each year, also unwanted. This marketing ploy failed here.

Marvy,

Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Jason O'Keefe and I'm the Manager, Seven Seas Society at RSSC. I wish to apologize for this error and for it not being corrected after you initially requested. Please allow me the opportunity to fix this. To assist in identifying your profile, please email me directly at jokeefe@rssc.com and I'll get this updated promptly.

Jason

Edited by cruzinmate

Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Jason O'Keefe and I'm the Manager, Seven Seas Society at RSSC.

Jason

Hi Jason. Thank you, and welcome to the Regent CC boards.

I am probably like many others that did not even know that Regent had a manager for SSS. Can you please tell us a little bit about your position and official duties ? Any insight would be appreciated.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

My birthday was early August. I just received a birthday card from Regent yesterday. Oh, well, first day of autumn is a sweet thing to celebrate.

(When I received the card, I thought I remembered that awhile back there was a thread about b'day cards. Sure 'nuf. I decided to bring the thread back for no reason whatsoever. Happy Birthday to all celebrants!)

My birthday was early August. I just received a birthday card from Regent yesterday. Oh, well, first day of autumn is a sweet thing to celebrate.

(When I received the card, I thought I remembered that awhile back there was a thread about b'day cards. Sure 'nuf. I decided to bring the thread back for no reason whatsoever. Happy Birthday to all celebrants!)

My b'day was 8/11.... No card yet 😌

Really sorry to see this thread pop up again. As has been discussed previously, some of us have opted out of mailings voluntarily, and there are other lists of people that do not want mailings. We never receive birthday cards and are not bothered by this. If Regent would find a way to not send any mail to those people that do not want it, I would be happy (we are not one of those people and, even though have requested to receive mail, still do not).

Obviously, Regent has a problem with their mailing lists. We were told that we were on a list that insured that we would not receive mail (we did not request this). Then we were told that mail would resume in 6 weeks (this was a couple of months ago and we have not received anything.) IMO, there is so many more important things going on in the world that I would not stress about either receiving too much mail or not receiving any. JMHO.

Definitely a problem in their mailing processes. My wife The Boss received a birthday card last year and I did not. This year, we both received one last week, about six weeks too late for her and four weeks past my birthday. Not very timely.

Z and TB

are we talking about cards when we are on or off the ships?

I was talking about email birthday greetings.

On board ship is a different matter, where Regent is much better than their administration, then we have usually had a card to our suite (for birthday or anniversary), some special attention to our suite - towels made into swans this last time for our Wedding Anniversary - and then a special cake for sweet at dinner.

Tc: My post wasn't meant as a complaint-- not even one tiny bit. I was tickled when I received the card (for all I know I might have gotten one in August as well-- doesn't matter to me at all either way). I thought it was funny-- and I remembered that there'd once been a thread on cards, so I thought to post what I did. Really and truly: meant as just a cheerful wave.

• 7 months later...
Another year and not a word from Regent even though I am titanium. Seabourn' date=' Sea Dream, SilverSea, and Jet Blue remembered my birthday :) though. Of course there is no shortage of brochures from Regent:D[/quote']

Happy Birthday, AuntElaine's boat. We are far from titaniun, lowly silver and likely to be there for a while. If we knew how to do it, we would send you a birthday card.

We are escapees from Manhattan, so we gave up QM2 with only three days remaining to the top. Since our move to South Beach, we have switched to lines that call here frequently. For now, we are featuring Regent. While aboard Explorer's April 26th Miami/Barcelona TA, we booked her December 8th Miami/Miami Caribbean,

Mary

Edited by warburg
Spacing