Mariner Suite Info Please for the Mariner

whitetmp

Has anyone traveled in one of the Mariner Suites, mid-ship on the Mariner? Suite numbers are 827, 828, 916, 917, 1010 and 1011.

I've searched for any reviews of these suites but only found one very brief comment. Can anyone help with a detailed experience? We've been offered an OK upgrade price but I'd really like to read some reviews before we commit.

Thanks in advance.

We have been in Mariner suites a couple of times and love them. Any of the Mariner suites are great with the exception of those on Deck 10. While we have not been in a Deck 10 Mariner suite, any suite below the pool deck can be noisy. I would avoid it.

Other than that, book it and enjoy the lovely suite!

Thank you for the fast reply travelcat2. I read one comment that the Mariner suites can be noisy because they are near the laundromats and a crew access doorway. Was it your experience that there was a lot of noise from the hallway/laundromat?

After reading your post I had to look up the deck plan for the Mariner as I was completely unaware that we were anywhere near the laundromat. There must have been some noisy people onboard if someone could hear people in the laundromat from two suites away.

The hallway could be an issue in any suite. Generally passengers on Regent don't talk loudly in the hallway but it can happen. If you look at the layout of the Mariner suite (here is a link https://www.rssc.com/ships/seven_seas_mariner/suites/default.aspx#Content ), you'll notice that there is a bathroom between the hallway and bedroom which cushions the sound (click on the "Room Layout" tab under the picture).

Noise has not been an issue for us in a Mariner suite. In fact, we are looking at another cruise on the Mariner and the Mariner suite would be our first choice.

Edited by Travelcat2

After reading your post I had to look up the deck plan for the Mariner as I was completely unaware that we were anywhere near the laundromat. There must have been some noisy people onboard if someone could hear people in the laundromat from two suites away.

The hallway could be an issue in any suite. Generally passengers on Regent don't talk loudly in the hallway but it can happen. If you look at the layout of the Mariner suite (here is a link https://www.rssc.com/ships/seven_seas_mariner/suites/default.aspx#Content ), you'll notice that there is a bathroom between the hallway and bedroom which cushions the sound (click on the "Room Layout" tab under the picture).

Noise has not been an issue for us in a Mariner suite. In fact, we are looking at another cruise on the Mariner and the Mariner suite would be our first choice.

Thank you again for the extra info. I had already examined the deck plan and the layout of the suite after reading the one post that it was noisy because of the laundromat and crew movements.

We are very tolerant of noises, and we are early risers anyway, so I didn't think it would be a problem but needed a second opinion. Your input has pretty much sealed the deal - now we're looking forward to experiencing a Mariner suite for the first time.

Whitetmp - We have cruised in Mariner Suite 1011 and did not have any issues with noise, either from the launderette or from the pool deck above. The two Mariner Suites on Deck 10 don't really sit beneath the pool area but rather just slightly forward of the pool seating area. Therefore, if the Mariner Suite being offered to you for the upsell is either of those on Deck 10, you should not hesitate to grab it.

Edited by freddie

Whitetmp - We have cruised in Mariner Suite 1011 and did not have any issues with noise, either from the launderette or from the pool deck above. The two Mariner Suites on Deck 10 don't really sit beneath the pool area but rather just slightly forward of the pool seating area. Therefore, if the Mariner Suite being offered to you for the upsell is either of those on Deck 10, you should not hesitate to grab it.

Thanks for that info - the offer is actually for the 8th floor but we're grateful for the additional feedback on the Mariner suite as an option. We'll be confirming on Monday.