BRITANNIA Question

davenew

Can any one confirm whether you get issued with robes and slippers in the deluxe balcony staterooms.

This is our first cruise with P&O, and with RCCI and Carnival you asked for them and they were delivered to the room.

Can any one confirm whether you get issued with robes and slippers in the deluxe balcony staterooms.

This is our first cruise with P&O, and with RCCI and Carnival you asked for them and they were delivered to the room.

With P and O its only the suites/mini suites that get the slippers/robes etc.

Now are the deluxe balcony on Britannia classed as a mini suite or just a posh balcony. Doesn't say on the descriptions that you get robes, but it does say you get choccies etc-which mini suites on other ships get.

However doing a dummy booking the deluxe appear under balconies not the suites tab.

I have no idea, but I will say no, you do not get the robes.

We were in a deluxe balcony cabin on the British Isles cruise in July and had both robes and slippers.

So there you go....I got it wrong wrong wrong.....

So are the Deluxe Balconies the equivalent of mini suites on other P and O ships.

I noticed on the dummy booking I put in mini suites and it said non were available.

With the DB do you also get priority boarding and the other lunch, than the buffet?

I am not sure if we would ever go on something the size of Britannia, but thios sort of info is useful.

When we sailed on Azura in a delux balcony cabin we had robes, slippers, chocolates and we received canapés twice during our 15 nights onboard, I believe that you would probably receive the same on Brittania, enjoy.:)

Canapes are usually only provided in a suite, on Britannia in a deluxe balcony, we did not get robes, slippers or chocolates, you do get a dish of mints, although we did get slippers via our club points. On some ships with baths in cabins robes used to be provided, I guess the cost saving measures are kicking in [emoji29]

Reading through this thread some people have got bells and whistles in a DB and some haven't.

Mini suite on Arcadia we had nibbles every night, not just formal. We had slippers and robes.

We also had priority boarding and could have the separate lunch on embarking.

There was also iron/iron board in the cabin..very useful on a longer cruise.

Do you get any of these on ships with no mini suites -just deluxe balconies.

Sounds as though on ships that only have full suites, then DB's, its the luck of the drawer as to whether you get anything else.

According to P &O 's "help and advice" section, The Superior deluxe balcony cabins on Britannia Azura and Ventura get bathrobes, slippers, fizz, chocs and weekly canapés.

On the other ships, only the suites and mini suites get bathrobes. It rather looks as if the Superior deluxe cabins replace the old "mini-suites" on the newer ships...cutting back by stealth perhaps?

The trouble is the balcony cabins on some of the ships (Arcadia for example) are described as "deluxe" but actually there are not any "ordinary" balcony cabins, whereas on Aurora there are both Deluxe and "ordinary" balcony cabins. A little confusing but the website does actually spell out what is in each category of cabin on each ship. you can find it here...

https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/fleet/balc_fac

If I have an ordinary cabin I always phone them up before we sail and order strawberries dipped in chocolate canapés for the captains formal night. It costs £5ish. Then I promptly forget until I get a knock on the cabin door and have a lovely surprise [emoji4]

If I have an ordinary cabin I always phone them up before we sail and order strawberries dipped in chocolate canapés for the captains formal night. It costs £5ish. Then I promptly forget until I get a knock on the cabin door and have a lovely surprise [emoji4]

With this level of Dementia Florry can you explain why you go to the cruise terminal on a specific day?

Lol John

According to P &O 's "help and advice" section, The Superior deluxe balcony cabins on Britannia Azura and Ventura get bathrobes, slippers, fizz, chocs and weekly canapés.

On the other ships, only the suites and mini suites get bathrobes. It rather looks as if the Superior deluxe cabins replace the old "mini-suites" on the newer ships...cutting back by stealth perhaps?

The trouble is the balcony cabins on some of the ships (Arcadia for example) are described as "deluxe" but actually there are not any "ordinary" balcony cabins, whereas on Aurora there are both Deluxe and "ordinary" balcony cabins. A little confusing but the website does actually spell out what is in each category of cabin on each ship. you can find it here...

https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/fleet/balc_fac

The problem with the 'B' deck cabin is that there are just too many of them. Most ships have 20/30 mini suites but there must be a couple of hundred on Azura.

We usually get them even though we usually sail in a regular cabin, I think that it maybe a perk of the peninsular club after you reach a certain level. they are sometimes blue and sometimes white and are much better than the ones on Celebrity/