Balcony lights on Oceana?

Doughty3

Do the cabin balconys on Oceana have lights? If not, do cruisers take a small light of some sort for the table? The end of September in the Med will have dark evenings I imagine....how will I see my pre dinner drink??

Or you can get one of those baseball caps,with holders for drinks either side,and a straw down to your mouth. Now it would work for cans, not sure if it would work with a glass of wine or g and t!!!!!

Or you can get one of those baseball caps,with holders for drinks either side,and a straw down to your mouth. Now it would work for cans, not sure if it would work with a glass of wine or g and t!!!!!

smiles.....I was just going to suggest not putting the glass down, just keep supping til it is empty, no need to see where it is ;):D

Or along these lines perhaps I could find a luminous wine glass!

Look, kind people, I am 2 weeks away from my first ever cruise and I think mild panic is setting in.

Go enjoy-you will.

When you come back let us know if you are hooked or not.

One of life's small simple pleasures is sitting on your balcony,drink in hand,with or without the light on. (You could just have the light on in the cabin and the curtains pulled back) watching the sea going past.

Go enjoy-you will.

When you come back let us know if you are hooked or not.

One of life's small simple pleasures is sitting on your balcony,drink in hand,with or without the light on. (You could just have the light on in the cabin and the curtains pulled back) watching the sea going past.

Now that is just such a perfect day --------- :)

Look, kind people, I am 2 weeks away from my first ever cruise and I think mild panic is setting in.

Do not panic. It is YOUR holiday! You have worked hard for it, You have saved hard for it!.

I am 4 weeks away from my second cruise and I will have many a drink on my balcony, watching the sea, watching the land then I will get dressed and have breakfast!! :D:D

Seriously now.....have a lovely time and do exactly what pleases you. We all want different experiences from our cruises, and we can have that.....thats what makes the cruising holiday wonderful.

Have a great time!! :)

That's it I'm changing my dinner sitting in November I never have time to sit and have a drink on the balcony [emoji45] Freedom dining here I come!

Good decision. The balcony time is my favourite part of the cruise ;-)

Do not panic. It is YOUR holiday! You have worked hard for it, You have saved hard for it!.

I am 4 weeks away from my second cruise and I will have many a drink on my balcony, watching the sea, watching the land then I will get dressed and have breakfast!! :D:D

Seriously now.....have a lovely time and do exactly what pleases you. We all want different experiences from our cruises, and we can have that.....thats what makes the cruising holiday wonderful.

Have a great time!! :)

And after breakfast Jasperado our balcony awaits and the adjoining one (I did say there were four of us) and between us we have four bottles of champers provided by pando so we are off to a good start although we thought we would keep them for the first formal night but that might already be sorted :D that's what balconies are for chilling out

Friends of friends of ours went on their first cruise recently. The husband told our friend that he was taking his wife - who has walking difficulties and isn't very mobile - that after great persuasion he was taking his wife on a cruise. It wasn't something he wanted and was in no way looking forward to it but he had agreed for his wife's sake.

On their return he met up with our friend and couldn't stop talking about it - it was fantastic, there were so many things to do, he did some of the things on offer on the ship and went on some great excursions. His wife loved it as she was able to spend time in the spa and found lots she loved doing on board. Needless to say they will be booking another cruise as soon as they can!

Mind you I expect if helps if the weather is warm, we always seem to do cold cruises!

Goodness Florry!! That's not an excuse or a reason not to sit on a balcony.....you have obviously never holidayed on the Isle of Wight or Largs......noses blue with cold, steam coming from breath......but "you are on holiday, you will enjoy yourself, you will enjoy the good, fresh air" :D:D

Ive also heard that alcohol warms you up inside...????? :D:D

On our first cruise I was pretty negative beforehand because I thought it would be dull and the idea of being trapped on a floating hotel for two weeks wasn't for me - the deal with my wife was that if I really didn't like it after the first couple of days we'd get off at the first stop and fly back home.

Well it can't have been that bad.

At the end of the cruise I would have happily stayed on board for another two weeks if it had been practical.

Our cruises stand out as the best holidays we've had.

Two weeks from now and any panic will fade away :)

Get a drink of your choice ,sit out on your balcony and chill ...:cool:

Here, allow Mrs Kalos to give you a demo :D....

It's Really That Easy ... Enjoy your cruise !

Goodness Florry!! That's not an excuse or a reason not to sit on a balcony.....you have obviously never holidayed on the Isle of Wight or Largs......noses blue with cold, steam coming from breath......but "you are on holiday, you will enjoy yourself, you will enjoy the good, fresh air" :D:D

Ive also heard that alcohol warms you up inside...????? :D:D

Lol I'm an outdoors person J and my tales of wine on the IOW are another story! Somehow the bars on the ship (when it's bucketing down with rain and dark at 7pm) seem more inviting. Off to Wales tomorrow and will be drinking wine in my fleece in the middle of nowhere with my GSD and a field of sheep; I'm going to have a glass for you [emoji6]