Future Cruise Credit

Holidayfun141

I bought a Future Cruise Deposit (FCD) when on Azura last summer, and used it recently to book a Christmas cruise. FCD costs £50 pp, is valid 12 months against Select and Early Saver fares (not Saver fares), though as you can see from my example, as long as you book a cruise during the 12 months it doesn't matter when the cruise departs) and is used as part deposit when you book (i.e. in my case the deposit was reduced by £50pp). The benefit is that when you book you are credited with additional On Board Credit (OBC) - amount depends on the length of the cruise you book.

I can't see any advantage to booking onboard having had several quotes whilst onboard, I think the best we've been offered is £75 pp obc on the almost brochure price . The future cruise credit however is a no brainer - we paid £100 and got back £250 (£100 on deposit and £75pp obc)

Hi we buy one every cruise. If you book onboard there is no credit card charge. I like to pay the deposit on credit card as mine then insures me, then I pay the balance on debit. Some travel agents will give you a reduced rate and sometimes throw in some free internet so it's worth weighing it all up if you are spending lots. You can still use the credit if you book via an agent. When you do book be absolutely certain that they knock £50 off your total and that you get the correct OBC - on three occasions when booking this hasn't been done correctly so I now ask for the OBC breakdown and check the components against any offer I am booking and the amount due from the down payment.

Edited by Florry

We've never heard about future cruise credits. Is there a P&O site that explains them or can you only get them on board?

We've already paid the deposit for our cruise in June 2016. We are going on Ventura in Oct. so if I buy FCC on board will I be able to apply them to the June 2016 cruise or do they just apply to new cruises booked after you've bought the credits?

Seems we've been missing out all this while - thanks for the info.

Can anyone just help a little bit more..??

DH and I are due to go on Ventura in less than a month and already have our eyes on next years cruise....

Will it be worth doing a future cruise credit payment??

We are looking at a 17 or 18 night eastern med next September ( ish ).

How much OBC would you think we could get by paying £50 pp or do you get more OBC if you pay more future cruise credit.

(sorry for being thick, but I haven't heard of this before).

Thankyou :)

Thank you for the link Florry. My husband bought a fcd on our last cruise. Do i need to purchase one as well or if not does he have to make the booking or will it be applied if i make the booking(which i normally do?)

Here you go, have a read and let us know if you have queries after [emoji4] https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/before-you-sail/Future_Cruise_Deposits/FCD

Thanks Florry!!

So.......we give P and O £50 pp deposit on a future cruise.

They apply the £50 pp off the deposit of our next cruise.

They then give us £75 pp OBC for holding our money for maybe 6 months???

Wish I could get that sort of return in my pension plan.

Going to have to do it.

Thanks again Florry :)

Edited by jasperado
spelling!! :(

Thanks Florry!!

So.......we give P and O £50 pp deposit on a future cruise.

They apply the £50 pp off the deposit of our next cruise.

They then give us £75 pp OBC for holding our money for maybe 6 months???

Wish I could get that sort of return in my pension plan.

Going to have to do it.

Thanks again Florry :)

Yes that's right - but the amount of OBC varies depending on length of cruise

Edited by Florry

If you know you will definitely book another cruise in the next year it's a no- brainer to buy the FCD :D

I agree - sort of. If you know you will definitely book another cruise in the next year with P&O and using a Select or Early Saver fare it's a no-brainer to buy the FCD.