Laundry Costs

topsey130

Not sure about getting F.O to do individual items but there are perfectly good washing machines available for passenger use. A token costs £2 and that includes washing powder, tumble drying and use of iron and ironing board.

After a long cruise i do like to wash daywear items myself in the laundry to bring home clean. My husbands good shirts I get laundered and his trousers I get cleaned. Can't remember the cost per item but when considering the cost of water, drying if it is winter I decided it was worth it. The cost of cleaning trousers is cheaper than at home. They come back on hangers, shirts and trousers, in plastic covers straight into suitcase. In fact some are still in plastic ready for next cruise next next month. Definitely recommend.

I did quite a number of machine washes on our Canada cruise a couple of months ago as our washing machine broke down just before we went. Machines were fine, but both me and some other passengers got stains on items from the iron/ironing board. At least I had heard about the probs, so did not risk ironing any good items. One iron/ironing board was worse than the other, but both were very iffy.

snip.... Machines were fine, but both me and some other passengers got stains on items from the iron/ironing board. At least I had heard about the probs, so did not risk ironing any good items. One iron/ironing board was worse than the other, but both were very iffy.

What ship were you on?

Sandy in Spain

We are thinking of getting all our clothes that need it, laundered before we leave ship, rather than face the washing machine in our return 😳 Has anyone any idea of costs,is it per item or by the 'bag'.

Costs are per item if you use the laundry service rather than the washing machines.

What ship were you on?

Sandy in Spain

Black Watch. I think the dirt was coming out of the irons as they had had water put in them to use as steam irons. There was no distilled water around so they had probably been filled with water from cabins, which was likely to contain metalic or other impurities. The ironing board covers looked pretty dirty as well.

The water was turned off on at least 4 nights of our cruise. We were told to run it in the morning, and it needed doing as the water was very brown then. The water was off for the whole ship apparently, (public loos and crew accomodation as well as cabins), for about 3 hours at a time, so it is a wonder that there was no illness outbreak lurking around.

Edited by tring

We are thinking of getting all our clothes that need it, laundered before we leave ship, rather than face the washing machine in our return 😳 Has anyone any idea of costs,is it per item or by the 'bag'.

The cost is per item and if I remember correctly shirts are £4 each with other items proportionate. I use the laundry service for all my shirts, T shirts and shorts and they do an excellent job with everything being returned beautifully ironed and on hangers.

Socks, undies and gym shirts I wash myself in the laundry on deck 2. Tokens for the washing machines are available from the reception desk at £2 each.

It says for a Superior Suite "We know that little things like vouchers for your laundry, luxury towels and pressing of formal wear make a difference. That’s why they’re included with the Suite Dreams package along with a free pressing service for formal wear." To me, that suggests as many as you need. ;)

There is a limit :)

If I recall correctly the laundry gets charged to your bill as usual and then they apply a discount to the charge.

I am stretching my memory here but I want to say it was up to £10 on two occasions, but I'm not 100% confident.

Edited by Mark_T