Adding drinks package

lovetoholiday

I have just booked for next year on the Magnifica out of Southampton and got the balcony upgrade deal. I have cruised with MSC twice before and both times got the drinks package as part of the deal.

I thought I could buy the drinks package and add it on to my booking via the Personaliser but there is no mention of it on there. There are wine, soda, water, beer etc but no all inclusive drinks. Is this something new or do you think it might appear at some time in the future, I do have loads of time, but I like to get organised.

Also, in the same vein, is it possible to pre pay gratuities?

Many thanks to anyone who can help.

I thought the all-inclusive package was automatically included in sailings from Southampton on Magnicifica? That's possibly why you can't see it to add on your booking.

"CRUISE line MSC have announced that MSC Magnifica will be based in Southampton for a season in 2018 with a special British twist.

Not only will she be completing a season of Southampton sailings from April, but she’ll also be fitted out with a kettle in every cabin. And cruisers will have the chance to vote on the brand of kettle that they’d like to see in every cabin.

The 22 sailing dates will also be all inclusive on drinks and wi-fi on-board!"

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/shipping/15226860.PHOTOS__New_2_500_person_cruise_ship_to_make_Southampton_its_home/

It should be mentioned on your booking. I thought I'd booked a cruise with drinks package included - I didn't check it at the time and now there's no proof that I booked under the promotion that I thought I did. Turns out I don't have an included package, now. Lesson learned - check early (and check often!).

We are on Magnifica next year, when we booked a few months ago the drink package and internet was part of the offer but I don't think it is anymore. People who have joined our roll call recently haven't got it and I've just checked a couple of the UK major TA sites and they no longer mention it either.

I'd give MSC a call to check/see if you can purchase it. Not 100% sure about gratuities, we would prefer to prepay too but when I asked TA they said pay onboard which is what we did on our previous MSC cruise.

Julie

We booked a couple of weeks ago and the drinks package is definitely not included for our date, 24/9/18. Also, I can't see anywhere on the website to add it yet. I did book through a TA but the booking shows up on Voyagers Club.

Hi Ken ................... as we're discussing Magnifica here, I'm assuming that's the topic about which you have questions for me (Gawd, how formal is that LOL :rolleyes:) If so, you'd best ask them soon and not wait 'til I get back as I may not have the answers after (depending on the questions) but can get them onboard if I have a heads-up. We're boarding on 25 September - less than 6 weeks, now. :cool:

Same goes for the OP (and any others planning a Magnifica cruise) - if there's anything specific you want me to find out about, let me know and I'll do my best.

Have now found out that my friends who are going with me have a letter which came with a brochure which says that all cruises out of Southampton in 2018 will include the AI drinks package as part of the Fantastica experience and also free Wi-Fi.

So phoned MSC and was told to email them and attach a copy of the letter, so have done this.

I will report back when they reply. Fingers crossed.

Have now found out that my friends who are going with me have a letter which came with a brochure which says that all cruises out of Southampton in 2018 will include the AI drinks package as part of the Fantastica experience and also free Wi-Fi.

So phoned MSC and was told to email them and attach a copy of the letter, so have done this.

Please do ............. best of luck!

Hi Ken ................... as we're discussing Magnifica here, I'm assuming that's the topic about which you have questions for me (Gawd, how formal is that LOL :rolleyes:) If so, you'd best ask them soon and not wait 'til I get back as I may not have the answers after (depending on the questions) but can get them onboard if I have a heads-up. We're boarding on 25 September - less than 6 weeks, now. :cool:

Hi Bea, I can't think of anything specific. Is it like Sinfonia? I would appreciate your overall view of the ship and the ports, the Anglicisation of the ship and entertainment. I assume you're going YC? Anything you can glean outside of YC will be appreciated. we're going Fantastica, deck 9 balcony, starboard. I wouldn't expect a review like your great Meraviglia review, just thoughts and tips, thanks.

Hi Bea, I can't think of anything specific. Is it like Sinfonia? I would appreciate your overall view of the ship and the ports, the Anglicisation of the ship and entertainment. I assume you're going YC? Anything you can glean outside of YC will be appreciated. we're going Fantastica, deck 9 balcony, starboard. I wouldn't expect a review like your great Meraviglia review, just thoughts and tips, thanks.

Ken ........... we won't be on her before her 'Anglicisation' - that's happening next year before she homeports in Southampton. Our itinerary is from Lisbon for the West Med and taking in Casablanca, so the POCs will differ from yours.

There's no YC on her either (though we wouldn't have booked it anyway - we can only stretch to it now and again). We're doing a Fantastica balcony too. We're on deck 10, starboard side, in the very same cabin we were in when we were on her in April last year. We absolutely loved our time onboard. The Tiger bar was the only place to be at night - it was fantastic! We love good nightlife onboard and we're hoping it'll be just as good this time 'round.

She's bigger than Sinfonia. She's Musica class, which is inbetween Fantasia class (Preziosa as you know) and Lirica class (Sinfonia) so she's not too big and not too small. We thought she was a perfect sized ship. We had only ever been on the Fantasia class before and were concerned we'd find it too cramped and crowded. We needn't have worried. However, you've been on Sinfonia, so you've experienced an even smaller ship than Magnifica.

If we were going at the start of the season, I'd consider doing a scaled down review - especially with photos of menus and daily planners. But it's at the end, so there won't be any interest. Everything is going to change soon after our cruise - in fact, I think there are only another 3 cruises with our itinerary sailing after us. Then she heads off to South America. She'll probably go into dry dock when she returns to ready her for her Southampton sailings.

I'll post some pics of the cabin and areas around the ship when we get back. I'll also take note of anything that I think may be of interest to you, too.

I'm booked on her for the Oct 18 repo cruise from Southampton to Genoa, I got a drinks package as part of the deal, however I upgraded it to the All Inclusive package

This shows on my booking,

Don't know if the drinks are still included

just checked and they aren't

Pete

Well it's now 6 days since I emailed MSC and still no reply - other than the automatic one to say they have received the email.

Has anyone ever had any dealings by email? Do you know how long it will take them to respond?

Many thanks.

Well it's now 6 days since I emailed MSC and still no reply - other than the automatic one to say they have received the email.

Has anyone ever had any dealings by email? Do you know how long it will take them to respond?

Many thanks.

When I emailed them before our cruise it was a couple of days after acknowledgement.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Many thanks.

I usually get a response soon after the automated one - on the same day. Did you book directly with MSC? They won't deal with you if you've booked with a TA. I have a booking with a TA and am trying to get an issue dealt with. MSC are taking between 7-10 days to respond to my TA for every email she sends! I've had this problem so many times before that all my future bookings will be direct with MSC.

Have now heard back and they maintain it was a special offer for a limited time only - even though the letter didn't specify dates.

Did try appealing to their better nature saying there wasn't the opportunity to pre book on line either, and they have offered to add the AI to the booking for £198 each, so I suppose at £16.50 per day it's still a bargain.

We did book directly with MSC.

Thanks for all your replies.

Edited by lovetoholiday
adding another comment