Cabins suitable for 4 year old

ste1200

Hi, my wife, 4 year old daughter and I cruise regularly but often come across a problem with cabins. We need a cabin with a sofa bed or pull out bed for our daughter, as the 2 fixed singles and shoulder height pullmans are not suitable for 2 reasons: My wife and I like to sleep in the same bed, and my daughter is likely to fall from the pullman if she wakes in the night.

We normally look at cruises 6 months in advance and often find there are very few suitable cabins available with our requirements. Has anyone had the same trouble and how do you get around it ? I'm thinking of booking further in advance but seem limited to which ships we can book on to. We have been with RCI, Celebrity and P&O in the past, but are open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

We always worried about our daughter and the Pullman too. When she was a baby, we did an inside cabin and she slept with us in the king size bed.

When she was 3.5 yrs old, we did NCL Gem in a balcony. We got to sleep in the combined twins, and she had a single sized sofa bed. We had booked that trip approx 6-8months in advanced.

At age 5, we had an outside cabin on Disney's fantasy. That too had a pull out sofa that fit our needs. The inside cabin my parents had featured a sofa. Maybe this one was booked around 8-10months ahead.

Age 5.5 was on carnival breeze. Booked around 6-8 months ahead, did an aft balcony which suited our needs as it also had a sofa bed.

Most ships will have a sofa bed, but I've noticed that there's more options of cabins when looking into balcony & above.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Most Carnival ships, window and up have a sofa bed. We're sailing on the Breeze and they have deluxe ocean views which have the normal bathroom and then a second bathroom with a mini tub and another sink to get ready at. Sofa and tub option is perfect for our 4 year old. Carnival ocean views are really large. They're bigger than inside rooms and it's the same size as a balcony room except instead of the balcony, you get that space inside for more room to move around. Larger than the rooms when I've looked at Royal Caribbean

HAL ships we have been on commonly have a sofa bed -- sometimes with an ADDITIONAL pullman. Most of the sofabeds we have seen (on halfacts and other sites) and all three that we have used, are very clever: the entire seat FLIPS turning the mattress side UP, so the sleeper lays along the length of the sofa... not on a pull out with those awful bars width-wise.

The super K (and some L's) on the Nieuw Amsterdam and Eurodam (and possibly the Wester/ooster/noor/zuiderDAM ships) do pull out from one arm of a wrap-around-a-corner sofa.

ETA -- the steward will make and unmake this sofa bed every evening, as you prefer. Naps might be ok on the bed?

• 2 weeks later...