NCL - Which Port in New York

CrusinCyndi

711 12th Ave, New York, NY 10019, mid town west side. Usually pier 88. I do not know about hotels because we live within 5 miles of the port. You may want to let everyone know if you are flying in or driving in, that would be helpful in where recommending the best location for you to stay.

There are 100's of hotels in NYC. Rates vary a LOT and it may be worth a $25 cab ride to be a bit further from the cruise ship terminal but pay $150 less for a hotel. Check out expeida, trivago, kayak, etc. They all show locations.

It will be either Pier 88 or 90 at the Manhattan Cruise Terminal.

Manhattan is a relatively compact island and you can stay anywhere from downtown to the Central Park area and be a fairly short taxi ride from the pier. As was previously suggested you can look at and book hotels on any one of the large hotel booking web sites.

Could someone please advise as to what port NCL's Gem sails from?

We are sailing on her next June 2018 out of New York and I am looking for a hotel close to the port.

Thanks!

What exact date are you sailing? hotel budget? How many people? Bed configuration? Are you flying or driving. If flying, which airport? If driving, are you parking at the port for $40/ day?

No need to be close to the port. Any hotel in midtown Manhattan west of 5th Ave will be an inexpensive cab ride.

I live right across from the cruise ships in NJ. I would suggest looking at the Courtyard by Marriott or Homeward Suites by Hilton in Edgewater,NJ. They have shuttles which will take you to the ferry terminal at Port Imperial (less than 5 minutes away). The ferry ($9) will take you across the river to NYC. It's a couple blocks to the pier.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I live right across from the cruise ships in NJ. I would suggest looking at the Courtyard by Marriott or Homeward Suites by Hilton in Edgewater,NJ. They have shuttles which will take you to the ferry terminal at Port Imperial (less than 5 minutes away). The ferry ($9) will take you across the river to NYC. It's a couple blocks to the pier.

http://www.nywaterway.com