Sydney Hilton hotel

I have stayed there, also stayed at The Wentworth the Swissôtel and the Pullman Hyde Park. Out of the three the Swissôtel wins it buy a mile for me. The Hilton. And the Wentworth equal second. The Hilton has tiny rooms unless you upgrade to one of the even more expensive rooms. Breakfast felt rushed as there was a queue waiting to get in. I would only recommend The Hilton if you were a solo business traveler. It is upmarket and the location is fantastic, but yes I just felt it was all too busy and my room too small.

Actually it's also not that close to the Opera House, there are much closer hotels

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Hilton isn't that close to Circular Quay, it's two train stops away. It's in the heart of the main shopping area though.

I did stay there once when DH was attending a conference there - it was a good base for Christmas shopping. All I can recall is that the room was reasonably comfortable but nothing special compared with hotels I've stayed at in Singapore and Hong Kong. I've also been there a few times for drinks and dinner. It's a strange sort of place, it always seems a little cold and bleak to me, but it's trendy.

I think you would enjoy a hotel closer to Circular Quay. There are some good ones there.

I have been looking at hotel prices around the Opera house and noticed that the Hilton seems to outrageously high in price compared to others. Is there something special about this hotel? Has anyone ever stayed there?

Suggest you try The Rocks and Circular Quay on hotel sites to obtain prices and position around this area. Some great hotels at a far lower cost than the Hilton.

The Travelodge Wynyard usually has reasonable prices and is fairly close to quay and the OPT.

The one up near Central is usually cheaper add the $20 taxi and you're still in front.

The Ibisin Pitt is pretty basic but the price is usually one of the best in Sydney.

Stay at Pullman Quay Grand - right on Circular Quay, beside the Opera House, watch your ship come in in the morning hours [emoji41]

And the rooms have little kitchens if you don't want to eat out !! The pricing is comparable for all the hotels in that area [emoji57]

968e3c4dafecebddd84cf084f5fb9a44.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I stayed at the Hilton in December, being fortunate enough to pay using Hilton points. It is a lovely hotel and in a great location for the shopping being right in the heart of the city. It's about a 15 minute reasonably easy walk to the opera house. I would stay there again but only if the price was right - it's not exceptional enough to warrant paying a significantly higher price than similar rated hotels.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We arrive one day before and stay one day after our b2b cruises. We're looking for a reasonably priced hotel with a concierge who can set us up on a tour of the city. Any suggestions?

We'll probably stay closer to the airport when we return since our flight home leaves around 10am.

Stayed at Amora Jamison after our cruise. Got a great deal too. Beautiful hotel about 15 min walk from Opera House. Breakfast was beautiful.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

We stayed at that beautiful hotel once and watched our ship come in. I still remember the delicious full breakfast.

We arrive one day before and stay one day after our b2b cruises. We're looking for a reasonably priced hotel with a concierge who can set us up on a tour of the city. Any suggestions?

We'll probably stay closer to the airport when we return since our flight home leaves around 10am.

You might like to consider staying the second day after your cruise, near Circular Quay railway station, so you can walk from the ship, then enjoy a second full day in Sydney, despite an early start for your flight home the next day.