Tips for Cruising Ruby Princess

dvond

1st time on an Alaskan cruise and on Princess cruise line. We have been on 25 other cruises but curious on the must to do's on this ship. We are flying in from the Northeast the day before

Our excursions are set;

Harv and Marv

Chilkoot for White Pass

Alaska Crab Tour

Thanks!

We are currently on Ruby Princess on the same cruise. I have a review on the Alaska board. I don't know that there are any must do's for the ship it self. The ports and the scenery are incredible and spend time on deck enjoying it. I would try and spend some time in Seattle before boarding

I hope your weather is better than ours was last year. But it was bearable and expected given the time of year. I thoroughly enjoyed the Ruby Princess, I would cruise Alaska again on her. MDR food was outstanding and varied, the buffett was good and convenient for busy schedules, the service was excellent. Have a Great Cruise.

Places to visit on the ship.

-International Cafe, deck 5, open 24/7, a nice place for lunch, continental breakfast.

-Like espresso drinks? Purchase the cafe selects card. Good for 15 espresso drinks (punches) plus unlimited brewed coffee and special teas for the cruise.

-Like wine? Visit Vines, deck 5. Wine by the glass plus sushi and/or tapas at no extra charge.

-Comics or other entertainment in Explorer's lounge, arrive early the lounge is small.

-Magic to Do production show. I feel this is Princess' best show. It is just under 1 hour long. For the 8pm show arrive around 45 mins. early. For the late show at least 30 mins early.

-Normally there is a BOGO in the Wheelhouse in the afternoon and late night in Skywalker's.

-Don't miss Skywalker's, deck 18 aft. Great daytime views. Open as a nightclub around 9pm.

-Like to read? Nice chairs on the promenade deck, also Adagio Lounge, deck 16 aft.

-Best views are from the open decks where you can get 360 degree vistas. They are not from one's balcony. Don't miss going all the way forward on the promenade deck, climb the stairs to deck 8 and walk to the bow of the ship.

-Read the Princess Patter each day. It has all the events and shows. Watch out for activities that are really sales talks, like spa information.

• 1 month later...
Places to visit on the ship.

-International Cafe, deck 5, open 24/7, a nice place for lunch, continental breakfast.

-Like espresso drinks? Purchase the cafe selects card. Good for 15 espresso drinks (punches) plus unlimited brewed coffee and special teas for the cruise.

-Like wine? Visit Vines, deck 5. Wine by the glass plus sushi and/or tapas at no extra charge.

-Comics or other entertainment in Explorer's lounge, arrive early the lounge is small.

-Magic to Do production show. I feel this is Princess' best show. It is just under 1 hour long. For the 8pm show arrive around 45 mins. early. For the late show at least 30 mins early.

-Normally there is a BOGO in the Wheelhouse in the afternoon and late night in Skywalker's.

-Don't miss Skywalker's, deck 18 aft. Great daytime views. Open as a nightclub around 9pm.

-Like to read? Nice chairs on the promenade deck, also Adagio Lounge, deck 16 aft.

-Best views are from the open decks where you can get 360 degree vistas. They are not from one's balcony. Don't miss going all the way forward on the promenade deck, climb the stairs to deck 8 and walk to the bow of the ship.

-Read the Princess Patter each day. It has all the events and shows. Watch out for activities that are really sales talks, like spa information.

QUESTION - you mention unlimited brewed coffee and premium tea with the punch card purchase, I am expecting the coffee and tea offered with this card is different to the coffee (syrup) that is generally available?

QUESTION - you mention unlimited brewed coffee and premium tea with the punch card purchase, I am expecting the coffee and tea offered with this card is different to the coffee (syrup) that is generally available?

Correct. Fresh brewed coffee using beans. :) Umpteen different teas to chose from too!