Ruby to Alaska with 3 year old and 6 year old

seattleslew

OMG, I can't believe I need to ask this question, but all of a sudden we have a young family booking with us next year. Should they book their mini forward or aft (all that's left)? I think the Ruby Kids' Club is aft, so that makes the most sense to me, right? Is it Camp Discovery and what does that mean? The kids can both sleep on the sofa, correct? Any other hints? Yes, I know they're both liddle kids, but the parents really want to go. I've never cruised with kids so this will be a brand new experience for us ...

The kids club on Ruby is on deck 17 aft. So they likely would want an aft cabin.

Also, they will need a quad cabin. A mini would be perfect if it is within budget ( that is what we use to book when our two children were young). One child will sleep on a twin hide a bed the other will sleep in a bed that comes down from the ceiling.

Princess has an excellent kids club and I am sure their children will love it.

OMG, I can't believe I need to ask this question, but all of a sudden we have a young family booking with us next year. Should they book their mini forward or aft (all that's left)? I think the Ruby Kids' Club is aft, so that makes the most sense to me, right? Is it Camp Discovery and what does that mean? The kids can both sleep on the sofa, correct? Any other hints? Yes, I know they're both liddle kids, but the parents really want to go. I've never cruised with kids so this will be a brand new experience for us ...

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/onboard-experience/kids-and-teens/

Can't comment on beds but we have cruised many times with family with little ones and for dining I would highly recommend traditional fixed seating dining.

The wait staff really caters to the children and so much easier sitting right down without a wait and having their beverages and maybe their favorite appetizer already sitting there and meals brought early. The children's menu is quite good, granddaughters enjoyed the spaghetti and meatballs, the fruit salad, the chicken fingers and the sundae for dessert.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

We have cruised with my young nieces and nephews. I would go with the aft cabin. The Ruby has a nice area for the kids, right above the aft swimming pool.

We also went with early traditional dining. The waiters will have everything all set up for the kids, including booster seats or highchairs. There's also the option of feeding the kids at the buffet, and then signing them into the kids club for a couple of hours while the adults dine together or enjoy a show.