Club Class On Emerald Princess

Woobstr112G

I was just looking at my cruise personalizer for my two upcoming cruises (12 day Alaska R/T April 2018 (Emerald Princess) and Hawaii R/T November 2018 (Star Princess)) and noticed that only Anytime and Traditional dining options are listed. I thought both ships already have Club Class. I am confused, due to the fact that on a recently cancelled booking on another ship, Club Class dining was listed as an option. I know I'm getting older and my mind isn't as sharp as it once was, but am I missing something?

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

I was just looking at my cruise personalizer for my two upcoming cruises (12 day Alaska R/T April 2018 (Emerald Princess) and Hawaii R/T November 2018 (Star Princess)) and noticed that only Anytime and Traditional dining options are listed. I thought both ships already have Club Class. I am confused, due to the fact that on a recently cancelled booking on another ship, Club Class dining was listed as an option. I know I'm getting older and my mind isn't as sharp as it once was, but am I missing something?

Bob

Are you in a CC mini, Bob?

Haven't done it and likely never will...but from what I've read you don't have to "choose" CC, it's yours by virtue of booking a CC mini. All you really have to do is choose ATD, so you don't take a table out of service for TD.

Club Class is an enhanced anytime "product". If you want it, pick anytime, and go to the CC doors (most likely 6/mid starboard side). Are you traveling with others? If so, let us know what cabin category they're in and we can refine our suggestions further.

I am thinking that suite passengers along with CC mini suite passengers aregiven the Club Class dining.

My DH and I are booked in a suite on the Caribbean Princess for late April 2018.

We are looking forward to experiencing the Club Class dining category.

I am thinking that suite passengers along with CC mini suite passengers aregiven the Club Class dining.

My DH and I are booked in a suite on the Caribbean Princess for late April 2018.

We are looking forward to experiencing the Club Class dining category.

Are you traveling with anyone else? If not, just sign up for anytime dining, and go to the Club Class entrance, most likely deck 6/mid/starboard.

Do remember that suite passengers (but not Club Class mini-suite passengers) get the premium breakfast in one of the specialty restaurants daily (except for disembarkation day). It is way better than CC/general breakfast and not to be missed.

Thanks all for the feedback. I was thinking I would do the Anytime option. I was just confused because I saw a Club Class option, in addition to the Anytime and Traditional options, on the cancelled booking. BTW, we are in a full suite for both future sailings.....:):):)

Bob

Bob

Club Class is a special section of a DR for those booked in full suites or Club Class mini suites where you can walk in and be seated anytime you like. If you are not booked in one of these category cabins you can not dine in the club class area. If you are just go there. The host will have your name(s). In the cruise personlizer just select Anytime Dining.

I just checked our August 2018 Regal cruise, for which we're in a suite because of a moveover. It says we're in Anytime Dining. I suppose they offer the opportunity to change to Traditional because some people might wish to forgo the Club Class for the old-fashioned setup with a set time and tablemates.

Jim

Just got off the Emerald. Club Class is in Da Vinci.

First day she asked our room number and after that she remembered us and our preferred table.

We were in a full suite and found Club Class breakfast way better than Crown.

Could you expand on your CC experience especially why you preferred breakfast in CC over Crown.

We have a suite booked on Caribbean Princess.

I just checked our August 2018 Regal cruise, for which we're in a suite because of a moveover. It says we're in Anytime Dining. I suppose they offer the opportunity to change to Traditional because some people might wish to forgo the Club Class for the old-fashioned setup with a set time and tablemates.

Some people prefer TD, and some people choose TD so they can eat with people who aren't eligible for CC.

Could you expand on your CC experience especially why you preferred breakfast in CC over Crown.

We have a suite booked on Caribbean Princess.

Crown for breakfast was boring. The menu items were limited and when Mr Indy asked for an omelet with cheese and bacon there was a loooong silence then an ummm ok.

The staff was very standoffish, didn't engage in conversation and had to be asked for refills on coffee and juice.

There was only one other couple in the Crown when we went for breakfast and they were seated 3 tables away so impossible to converse with them.

Breakfast in club class had more people seated at tables for 2 but close enough to have a conversation if you wanted.

The staff were much more animated and actually talked with us. Also anything Mr Indy asked for which was off menu was accommodated. Drinks were refilled before we could even ask. We were offered items not on the regular MDR menu.

We just liked the vibe of CC better than Crown.

Thanks again for all of he helpful information. Looks like I'll stick with ATD and set up CC the first night onboard both ships.....:):):)

Bob

Yep - we've found it to be a non problem.

CC Dining choice seems to only show up when booking - it just shows Anytime in the personalizer. I verified with our bookings We were in Suites during the switchover to CC and all we did was give them an FYI call that we're going from Traditional to CC. It was very much a non-issue.

Yep - we've found it to be a non problem.

CC Dining choice seems to only show up when booking - it just shows Anytime in the personalizer. I verified with our bookings We were in Suites during the switchover to CC and all we did was give them an FYI call that we're going from Traditional to CC. It was very much a non-issue.

Glad to hear.....:):):)

Bob

Crown for breakfast was boring. The menu items were limited and when Mr Indy asked for an omelet with cheese and bacon there was a loooong silence then an ummm ok. The staff was very standoffish, didn't engage in conversation and had to be asked for refills on coffee and juice. There was only one other couple in the Crown when we went for breakfast and they were seated 3 tables away so impossible to converse with them.

Breakfast in club class had more people seated at tables for 2 but close enough to have a conversation if you wanted. The staff were much more animated and actually talked with us. Also anything Mr Indy asked for which was off menu was accommodated. Drinks were refilled before we could even ask. We were offered items not on the regular MDR menu.

We just liked the vibe of CC better than Crown.

Wow. Sorry you had such poor service - I do hope you approached the manager about it right away, and if that didn't seem to bring rapid change, I hope you went further up the chain. Suite breakfast in the Crown Grill is supposed to be servers tripping over themselves to keep glasses full, plates loaded, etc., and the menu has always been just a framework but we were always able to order just about anything.

That said, it seems as though you were hoping for socialization, and I truly don't think that's something Princess is trying to accomplish with their suite breakfast. It's always seemed (to us, at least) to be framed as a quiet, peaceful retreat, bestowed upon the highest-fare passengers of the ship. If socialization is what you seek, CC is probably better, and honestly IMHO regular MDR breakfast may actually be the wisest choice for you (CC passengers potentially chose CC because of the smaller tables, and therefore don't need to socialize with others).

Wow. Sorry you had such poor service - I do hope you approached the manager about it right away, and if that didn't seem to bring rapid change, I hope you went further up the chain. Suite breakfast in the Crown Grill is supposed to be servers tripping over themselves to keep glasses full, plates loaded, etc., and the menu has always been just a framework but we were always able to order just about anything.

That said, it seems as though you were hoping for socialization, and I truly don't think that's something Princess is trying to accomplish with their suite breakfast. It's always seemed (to us, at least) to be framed as a quiet, peaceful retreat, bestowed upon the highest-fare passengers of the ship. If socialization is what you seek, CC is probably better, and honestly IMHO regular MDR breakfast may actually be the wisest choice for you (CC passengers potentially chose CC because of the smaller tables, and therefore don't need to socialize with others).

I did not necessarily consider it poor service. It felt much more like very high class, hushed talking, don't bother us dining. Which for us was boring.

Even though we were in a full suite that is not the life we normally live. We both are in service professions so the Crown breakfast seemed a bit out there for us.

The second day we went to Club Class for breakfast as we had a tour that precluded us using Crown due to the time. We were much more comfortable in CC and chose to eat breakfast there for the rest of the cruise. Actually eating with the same group every morning.

Here is my take on club class for suites. Was in suite for July Emerald cruise to Alaska. Personalizer has it listed as anytime dining. First time you use it (DaVinci)deck 6; the young lady will ask for your stateroom number. From then on she is always at front to greet you and seat you. She remembers your face. We had our two grandkids with us and the club class staff were excellent. The head waiter was most excellent. We always had a table for four; sometimes we sat by window; and sometimes in middle. There is seating for maybe 60 at one time. Now for the crown grill. We ate there for breakfast and I have to give a different opinion from Indygirl. The maitre d; was very nice. He greeted us each morning and was pleasant. Within a minute of seating us he brought over a big tray of fresh pastries. The menu does not have as many choices as club class; but they fix you whatever you want. I love pancakes; which are not on menu; but they made them. We had fresh pots of coffee and water; waiters were there to serve and did not engage in too much conversation; which was ok. We never had more than two other couples at breakfast. To be fair and objective; we did eat breakfast in DaVinci club class; it was nice but way nosier. Crown Grill was quiet and peaceful. There you have it. Club Class dining rocks but so does Crown Grill.

It doesn't matter what dining you sign up for - if you are eligible for Club Class, it will be Anytime when you board.

We had CC last April and were in Traditional Late throughout the booking. When we boarded it was Anytime, and we went to the Club entrance. As others have said, they ask your room number the first time or two you go in, but not after that. We were also able to get the same table and servers all the time.

Bob, I'm going to email you about dining on the Emerald in April.

It doesn't matter what dining you sign up for - if you are eligible for Club Class, it will be Anytime when you board.

We had CC last April and were in Traditional Late throughout the booking. When we boarded it was Anytime, and we went to the Club entrance. As others have said, they ask your room number the first time or two you go in, but not after that. We were also able to get the same table and servers all the time.

Bob, I'm going to email you about dining on the Emerald in April.

Ok Abby, will be looking for it.....:):):)

Bob

Here is my take on club class for suites. Was in suite for July Emerald cruise to Alaska. Personalizer has it listed as anytime dining. First time you use it (DaVinci)deck 6; the young lady will ask for your stateroom number. From then on she is always at front to greet you and seat you. She remembers your face. We had our two grandkids with us and the club class staff were excellent. The head waiter was most excellent. We always had a table for four; sometimes we sat by window; and sometimes in middle. There is seating for maybe 60 at one time. Now for the crown grill. We ate there for breakfast and I have to give a different opinion from Indygirl. The maitre d; was very nice. He greeted us each morning and was pleasant. Within a minute of seating us he brought over a big tray of fresh pastries. The menu does not have as many choices as club class; but they fix you whatever you want. I love pancakes; which are not on menu; but they made them. We had fresh pots of coffee and water; waiters were there to serve and did not engage in too much conversation; which was ok. We never had more than two other couples at breakfast. To be fair and objective; we did eat breakfast in DaVinci club class; it was nice but way nosier. Crown Grill was quiet and peaceful. There you have it. Club Class dining rocks but so does Crown Grill.

Thanks for your perspective on CC Dining.....:):):)

Bob