Cape Liberty to NYC Chelsea area

elliemaej

I may have to go to a business meeting in the city on the day we arrive back in Bayonne next month. Wondering how long an uber or cab could be and approximate cost on a Thursday morning.

Husband will be driving back to Ct but does not want to drive thru the city. If there are other options where he can drop me off on the NJ side that would not take him too far out of his way, I would also consider it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I may have to go to a business meeting in the city on the day we arrive back in Bayonne next month. Wondering how long an uber or cab could be and approximate cost on a Thursday morning.

Husband will be driving back to Ct but does not want to drive thru the city. If there are other options where he can drop me off on the NJ side that would not take him too far out of his way, I would also consider it.

Where exactly do you have to go in Chelsea? Is public transit an option? What time do you have to be at your business meeting?

There are a number of ways to get to Chelsea, but it all depends what time you have to be there. I'm assuming your husband will keep all the luggage and you will not be carrying a lot, if anything. What is your husband's preferred route to CT? GW Bridge? Tappan Zee?

My recommendations would be the train from Secaucus Junction (exit 15X on the Turnpike) to New York Penn Station plus cab or subway to Chelsea (or even walk) or the Hudson Bergen Light Rail from right there at Cape Liberty to Hoboken and PATH to 33rd St with stops at 14th, 23rd, and 33rd St on 6th Ave.

The meeting is at 135 west 18th. It is starting at 10:00 but they know I'll prob be late. We normally travel over the GW to get home. Yes he'll have all the luggage, I'll just have my purse and computer bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The meeting is at 135 west 18th. It is starting at 10:00 but they know I'll prob be late. We normally travel over the GW to get home. Yes he'll have all the luggage, I'll just have my purse and computer bag.

Either route would work for you to get to Chelsea, but the train might be preferable as long as there are not significant delays getting into Penn Station on NJ transit that morning. From Penn Station you can take the 7th Ave #1 local train to 18th St and be a half block from your destination. On the NJ Turnpike you follow the signs to the Lincoln Tunnel and exit 15X (not the GW Bridge signs). The Secaucus Junction train station is right at this exit and your husband can get right back on the turnpike.

If you decide to take the light rail (may be more crowded), we will have to get suggestions from the locals. There is a station at 34th St and one at 45th St, but I'm unsure of the exact vehicle directions. You buy a ticket ($2.25) from the machine and ride to the end of the line in Hoboken (may get a seat depending on the time). In Hoboken you take PATH for $2.75 to 14th St (should get a seat) and walk 4 1/2 blocks to your destination.

Either route would work for you to get to Chelsea, but the train might be preferable as long as there are not significant delays getting into Penn Station on NJ transit that morning. From Penn Station you can take the 7th Ave #1 local train to 18th St and be a half block from your destination. On the NJ Turnpike you follow the signs to the Lincoln Tunnel and exit 15X (not the GW Bridge signs). The Secaucus Junction train station is right at this exit and your husband can get right back on the turnpike.

If you decide to take the light rail (may be more crowded), we will have to get suggestions from the locals. There is a station at 34th St and one at 45th St, but I'm unsure of the exact vehicle directions. You buy a ticket ($2.25) from the machine and ride to the end of the line in Hoboken (may get a seat depending on the time). In Hoboken you take PATH for $2.75 to 14th St (should get a seat) and walk 4 1/2 blocks to your destination.

Thank you very much. I am also going to get suggestions from the team I am meeting with as many commute in from the Jersey side (now I have Springsteen stuck in my head. Lol)

138east is correct about the ways of getting to your appointment. You will be on 18 st between 6th and 7th Ave. Both routes should take you ~1-1.5 hours to get there.

Option 1) Drive to Secaucus Junction (15X on the turnpike), take NJ transit to NY Penn Station (final stop), hop on the 1 subway line (this is the red line on Seventh Ave) and get off at 18 st. Walk towards 6th Ave and your destination.

Option 2) Grab the Hudson Bergen Light Rail (34th or 45 St Station, not sure which one is right outside the Port), either get off at the Newport Light Rail Station or Hoboken Terminal and transfer over the PATH train heading to 33rd St. Get off at 14th St and walk north on 6th Ave for four blocks and turn left on 18th St and walk to your destination.

Option 1 is simpler in my mind and has less walking involved.

138east is correct about the ways of getting to your appointment. You will be on 18 st between 6th and 7th Ave. Both routes should take you ~1-1.5 hours to get there.

Option 1) Drive to Secaucus Junction (15X on the turnpike), take NJ transit to NY Penn Station (final stop), hop on the 1 subway line (this is the red line on Seventh Ave) and get off at 18 st. Walk towards 6th Ave and your destination.

Option 2) Grab the Hudson Bergen Light Rail (34th or 45 St Station, not sure which one is right outside the Port), either get off at the Newport Light Rail Station or Hoboken Terminal and transfer over the PATH train heading to 33rd St. Get off at 14th St and walk north on 6th Ave for four blocks and turn left on 18th St and walk to your destination.

Option 1 is simpler in my mind and has less walking involved.

Also forgot to mention, the company is paying for transport. Are Car service, lyft or uber options?

Also forgot to mention, the company is paying for transport. Are Car service, lyft or uber options?

If someone else will pay for it, then go in style! Book Dial7 or Carmellimo to go to Chelsea.

I've driven though NY several times coming from Cape Liberty. You get on the Turnpike at exit 14A, go to the Holland Tunnel exit 14C (it's possible to get off at Grand St and cut through the Newport section of Jersey City to sneak into the tunnel at the last side street entrance), and go up West Street and 12th Ave to 18th St. This doesn't take as long as you might think. If you left at 8:30-9:00, you should easily make a 10 am meeting.