Prncess Cruise beverage packages

feejul

Hi

Just wondering what the average price of a cocktail would be on Princess? Trying to work out if the beverage package is the way to go???

In Australia on a ship charging in Aus$ about $13-$14 last year.

Hi

Just wondering what the average price of a cocktail would be on Princess? Trying to work out if the beverage package is the way to go???

On the US Princess ships, around US$10, well that is the price of the 'Boss's Mohitos anyway, I restrict her to a daily Mohito fix, but sometimes she sneaks in 2. We have 8pm - second sitting dinner on Island Princess in a few weeks, she might even consume 3 mohitos pre dinner 'cocktail hour(s.) Plus a bottle of vino in the MDR for dinner. I can only imagine the booze bill after 3 weeks.

By the time I add a couple of ciders for moi, I reckon $2000 for adult beverages, and we don't imbibe until 5pm or 6pm !!

Might have to go for the Alcohol package too.

Edited by NSWP

Some of the cocktails are cheaper, around $9 I think. The rest are $13.95.

Thanks, been 2 years since we were on Princess - Golden BA to LA, around the horn.

Well if Mohitos are US$13.95, definitely the ration for 'She who shall be obeyed' is 1 per diem. Otherwise it will be a 'Scrooge Xmas.'

Edited by NSWP

• 7 months later...

Just wondering if the Princess drinks packages for Australian cruises vary in price as the AUD/USD rate fluctuates or is the package price pretty much the same all the time, aside from any price increase as all prices do?

So far it's stayed the same, $59, since it was introduced. There is a bug in the online price which is incorrect and also fluctuates, so that can be confusing. Wait until you board to buy the package, it only takes a minute or two.

So far it's stayed the same, $59, since it was introduced. There is a bug in the online price which is incorrect and also fluctuates, so that can be confusing. Wait until you board to buy the package, it only takes a minute or two.

The price from Princess was $82.00 NZ for the drinks package, and the coffee card was $49.96. Something wrong with those calculations. The NZ dollar is not that bad against Australian. This was in the list sent to me for purchasing on line.

The price from Princess was $82.00 NZ for the drinks package, and the coffee card was $49.96. Something wrong with those calculations. The NZ dollar is not that bad against Australian. This was in the list sent to me for purchasing on line.

It's wrong, always has been wrong since they introduced the AIBP to Aus/NZ.

If you purchase online for those prices you will be reimbursed onboard, but easier to buy onboard, $59AUD.

No advantage to buying anything online before you leave, the coffee card is wrong too:)

The problem is a bug in the online software.

Princess has two prices for its packages - the USD price which applies for all overseas cruises and the AUD price. Note: we are the only region that has local pricing for our cruises.

Princess also converts prices to local currency in various places ie UK, Canada and presumably elsewhere, so passengers can book and pay for their cruises in that currency.

The software correctly picks up the AUD price instead of the USD price for our cruises, then the bug happens - it then converts the price (already in AUD) to AUD using the USD-AUD exchange rate that Princess was using at the time teh booking was made.

• 2 weeks later...
We worked out that 2 x beers, 2 x house wines and 2 x basic cocktails was about the break even point for the AIBP. Not hard, especially on a hot weather cruise! This was on the Sun Princess, so AUD.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

Hi, I'm Janet from Manchester in the UK.Sorry to be cheeky but noticed you had cruised from Fremantle to Singapore. We have booked this cruise on Golden Princess for March 2018. Was the weather good enough to be out on deck and is there any other info you think we could benefit from. Thank you :)

Hi Janet, we're on the same cruise and would love to hear about this too. We're from Adelaide so I'm expecting that once we head a little further south it will be gorgeous on the deck.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi, I'm Janet from Manchester in the UK.Sorry to be cheeky but noticed you had cruised from Fremantle to Singapore. We have booked this cruise on Golden Princess for March 2018. Was the weather good enough to be out on deck and is there any other info you think we could benefit from. Thank you :)

It should be gorgeous weather. If anything, you may find it too hot after the first day or so. We did Golden from Sydney to Hong Kong last April and it was wonderful. My favourite spots on deck were the Sanctuary (extra cost) and the Lotus Spa Pool (free to use).

Singapore will be very hot and humid, but if you're staying over a few days it's quite easy to get around using the cool MRT trains. Also there are many walkways connecting shopping centres that are underground and air conditioned.

It should be gorgeous weather. If anything, you may find it too hot after the first day or so. We did Golden from Sydney to Hong Kong last April and it was wonderful. My favourite spots on deck were the Sanctuary (extra cost) and the Lotus Spa Pool (free to use).

Singapore will be very hot and humid, but if you're staying over a few days it's quite easy to get around using the cool MRT trains. Also there are many walkways connecting shopping centres that are underground and air conditioned.

Thank you so much for all the info very helpful, we will be staying 2 nights in Singapore before flying back to UK via Dubai and are looking forward to seeing the sights. I especially want to go to the botanic gardens. We haven't cruised this region before so was unsure about temps.

Hi Janet, we're on the same cruise and would love to hear about this too. We're from Adelaide so I'm expecting that once we head a little further south it will be gorgeous on the deck.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Sonja, I'm presuming you will be getting on a few ports before us. Our daughter recently emigrated to Perth WA and I have booked this as it gives us a bit of a leisurely way to make that long journey home to UK. Mind you 8 days cruising makes the flight 5 hours shorter for us. Before then we are coming over in October and after staying with daughter and family we will be cruising on RC Voyage of the Seas cruising the bottom of Australia and then across to New Zealand ending up in Sydney. One of our stops is Adelaide what do you suggest we should see? kind regards, Janet x

Thank you so much for all the info very helpful, we will be staying 2 nights in Singapore before flying back to UK via Dubai and are looking forward to seeing the sights. I especially want to go to the botanic gardens. We haven't cruised this region before so was unsure about temps.

The trick with sightseeing in Singapore is to pace yourself. Try to find cool spots regularly, drink plenty of water, wear a shady hat or use an umbrella for shade (quite common in Singapore).

Gardens by the Bay is worth visiting too. http://www.gardensbythebay.com.sg/en.html

We were on Sun Princess last week. Cocktails AU$9.95 and $13.95. Cider $6, Prosecco $9 for a piccolo. BUT.......There is 'Happy Hour' 3-4pm and 9-10pm in the Wheelhouse bar where the second drink is only $1. They don't open the prosecco or beer bottles either. I stocked the cabin fridge for drinking on the balcony or during afternoon trivia. Drinks package is still $59 (no extra service charge either). We took wine aboard for drinking at the dining table. An extra bottle is around $40. Overall our daily consumption was well short of the package price without skimping.

Coffee card is $35 and with that you can also get free pots of tea, hot chocolate and brewed coffee, even if you are not buying a specialty coffee at the same time.

We were on Sun Princess last week. Cocktails AU$9.95 and $13.95. Cider $6, Prosecco $9 for a piccolo. BUT.......There is 'Happy Hour' 3-4pm and 9-10pm in the Wheelhouse bar where the second drink is only $1. They don't open the prosecco or beer bottles either. I stocked the cabin fridge for drinking on the balcony or during afternoon trivia. Drinks package is still $59 (no extra service charge either). We took wine aboard for drinking at the dining table. An extra bottle is around $40. Overall our daily consumption was well short of the package price without skimping.

Coffee card is $35 and with that you can also get free pots of tea, hot chocolate and brewed coffee, even if you are not buying a specialty coffee at the same time.

Very canny.:cool::D

• 4 weeks later...

Like your style Port Power;p

Hi, do you know what the current price is for the Unlimited Soda and More package? We will be on the Sun in October and just wondered if the price quoted online is correct at NZ$9.73 per day. They also say the coffee card is NZ$50.40. I know it should be dearer than the Aus rate at $35 but our exchange rate isn't that bad. By current exchange rates it should only be a few dollars dearer.

The online prices you are seeing have been affected by the online pricing bug which affects all Personalizer pricing in our region.

The coffee card is AU $36, and I think the soda package is around AU $8 - Princess haven;t shown a separate AUD price for that in the information part of their website.