Nassau - Carnival - Catamaran Sail & Snorkel

drvmywifecrzy

I did that excursion a few years ago. It wasn't through Carnival, but I believe it was the same company Carnival uses. It was a pretty good excursion; you're right that it was only about 45 minutes of actual snorkeling, but the catamaran sail was nice. I saw a decent amount of fish, and the guides were good. I liked it, and would consider doing it again.

I'm hoping to do this excursion in August. Would love to hear any reviews of anyone that goes sooner

I will put up a review in July unless we get talked out of doing this. Looking forward to trying out my 180 degree snorkel and underwater camera.

I will put up a review in July unless we get talked out of doing this. Looking forward to trying out my 180 degree snorkel and underwater camera.

That would be great! I would love to hear your thoughts on the 180 degree snorkel too. I just bought one myself

I am interested in reviews too. We are going in July and have never snorkeled. Trying to figure out if this would be a good start.

Sent from my VS986 using Forums mobile app

Probably not, IMHO. While I have not been on this, posters have described it as being very crowded on the reef. We have done a few of the large boats that dump 50+ people in the water and it makes it hard to do anything, much less learn the fins and breathing.

Also, Nassau isn't really a big snorkel port - others in the Caribbean like St. Thomas, Belize and Hondouras to name just a few have better options. So I don't know where else you are stopping...but expect this to be a bit of a madhouse.

If you do want to snorkel here, I would suggest you book privately so you have fewer people and more personal attention.

• 2 weeks later...

I went on something similar to this in St. Thomas and it was one of my favorite excursions. Not really due to the snorkeling but the boat ride with rum punch and fun music, the crew was all young in their 20's and it was a blast! Considering doing this in Nassau, and hoping for the same...

• 4 weeks later...

So here is my review of this excursion. There were about 100 people on the catamaran. In fact they ran out of life jackets for about 15 people. The crew of 4 was excellent, friendly, informative, and safety first, ( other then life jacket shortage).

The good:

Crew

Rum punch

weather

friendly people on board

the snorkling (about 35-40 mins)

The bad:

no sail ( i knew it was a come on) there was wind and that would make the trip more special

a little crowded in the water but for novices its fine

Overall Id give it 4 out of 5 stars.

If you have questions let me know

So here is my review of this excursion. There were about 100 people on the catamaran. In fact they ran out of life jackets for about 15 people. The crew of 4 was excellent, friendly, informative, and safety first, ( other then life jacket shortage).

The good:

Crew

Rum punch

weather

friendly people on board

the snorkling (about 35-40 mins)

The bad:

no sail ( i knew it was a come on) there was wind and that would make the trip more special

a little crowded in the water but for novices its fine

Overall Id give it 4 out of 5 stars.

If you have questions let me know

We are doing this in July. Couple questions was there the net part in the front of the boat?

Did they provide flippers at all?

What kind of life jackets?

How deep was the water you snorkel in?

We are doing this in July. Couple questions was there the net part in the front of the boat?

Did they provide flippers at all?

What kind of life jackets?

How deep was the water you snorkel in?

Yes net in the front maybe 1/3 of the catamaran, no shoes allowed on net

No flippers which was disappointing also cause water was a little rough, especially going back to boat after snorkel

I dont know brands but most were adult size somewhat light weight life jackets

Id guess the snorkel area was 10 to 15 ft , definitely no standing

Yes net in the front maybe 1/3 of the catamaran, no shoes allowed on net

No flippers which was disappointing also cause water was a little rough, especially going back to boat after snorkel

I dont know brands but most were adult size somewhat light weight life jackets

Id guess the snorkel area was 10 to 15 ft , definitely no standing

Thanks looking forward to it

• 1 month later...

We did this excursion on 7/5. We (wife, adult son, 7 yo daughter, and myself of course) enjoyed it very much. To answer some of the questions:

Our excursion ran about 15 minutes late in starting.

Didn't leave the pier, got on before we left the pier area. They dropped us off by Senor Frog's after the excursion was over.

Our catamaran provided flippers.

The life jackets provided were the foam vest variety.

We were one of three boats snorkeling the reef that day and it did get a bit crowded.

I have a video of our excursion here:

Perhaps this would be helpful? Please excuse the resolution, I can't watch shaky videos so I've employed fairly aggressive image stabilization.

• 2 weeks later...

We did this excursion on July 26th. Overall experience was great. We ended up docking late in Nassau we were suppose to get in at 7:00 and the excursion was at 7:30. It was probably closer to 7:30 by the time we actually docked and got off the boat. We waited in a line for quite a while and it was probably about 8:15 by the time we got on the catamaran. That part was great the net was very nice to sit on and feel the breeze. My wife was disappointed they did not have a sail. Took about 20 minutes to get out to the reef to snorkel in which there was one other boat at the same location. We brought our own full face snorkel masks which I highly recommend.

We saw lots of fish however many were the exact same type of fish. If you are looking for beautiful reefs I wouldn't say this is going to blow your mind but overall the fish were great and we were probably in the water snorkeling for 40-50 minutes. They had two "lifeguards" in the water at all times. They called us back on and we headed back towards port. On the way back they served rum punch which I didn't think was amazing and I am a fan of rum punch it could have been that it was so hot I just wanted water.

The location they drop you off at is right by Senor Frogs and some other restaurants and shopping. If you are looking for better drink discounts there was a guy right off the boat and we went to a local restaurant and got two big daiquiris for $12.

I will try to post some pics later.

• 2 weeks later...