Cost Cutting on P and O?

Bridget31

We are on Oriana for the first time but we have sailed on Ventura and with several other cruise lines. We have always had bathrobes provided, but not on Oriana and apparently on none of the P and O ships. If we had known, we would have brought our own; there are none available to purchase on this ship either. Be prepared!

We are on Oriana for the first time but we have sailed on Ventura and with several other cruise lines. We have always had bathrobes provided, but not on Oriana and apparently on none of the P and O ships. If we had known, we would have brought our own; there are none available to purchase on this ship either. Be prepared!

Can't be cost cutting if you have never had them. We have sail with P&O since 2001 and unless in a suite or mini suite no bathrobes.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You did used to get them but it was many, many years ago in the days of sail away bands, streamers and much higher prices.

You can buy them as part of the little extras packages and they new and yours to take home. (Back in the bad old days they could be a bit washed out!)

Med level and above for the slippers, which are always far too big for my feet anyway.

We aren't in a suite or a mini suite next time, but we are in a superior deluxe balcony cabin on Ventura. Do we get bathrobes? (Deck D - booked it an age ago, so can't remember its proper title now!)

No issue if we don't - towels wrapped around us on the balcony at sailaway to hide our dignity, is fine ;-)

You can ask the steward for smaller slippers!!!

Have to smile - at 5ft tall I am used to flopping around in hotel slippers that are too big --- and bathrobes ...... I often feel like Dopey from Snow white and the 7 Dwarfs!

Now hubby - he has the opposite problem ;-)

You did, but not anymore I'm afraid.

It went with the streamers etc!!😞

Sent from my Sony Z1 Compact.

Just have to waddle around with me then ;-)

I notice that you are sailing soon --- have a great time!

We had bath robes when we went to the Canaries, possibly on Ventura, in 2014, we think. Oriana has none to buy. If we had known, as we sailed from Southampton, it would have been simple to pack our very posh robes from Hurtigruten, given to take away last time we sailed with them, admittedly in a suite as they have limited balconies! On Oriana we have a balcony cabin.

Just have to waddle around with me then ;-)

I notice that you are sailing soon --- have a great time!

That's very kind of you! Thank you. :)

We're really looking forward to it as we weren't sure we'd ever be able to go back on Adonia ever again. Frankly we need some sunshine(!) this weather is attrocius!:eek:

We aren't in a suite or a mini suite next time, but we are in a superior deluxe balcony cabin on Ventura. Do we get bathrobes? (Deck D - booked it an age ago, so can't remember its proper title now!)

No issue if we don't - towels wrapped around us on the balcony at sailaway to hide our dignity, is fine ;-)

We've had the same type of cabin on Azura back in '11 and '12 and, if my memory serves me correctly, yes you do get bathrobes and slippers.:)

We've had the same type of cabin on Azura back in '11 and '12 and, if my memory serves me correctly, yes you do get bathrobes and slippers.:)

They won't fit little me or my tall hubby perfectly, but they will be well used :-)

Can't wait --- not long for us now after booking this cruise last April 2016!

Bet you haven't got as small feet as me! I'm only a size 3 and a half! 😀

Sent from my Sony Z1 Compact.

Ok, only 4 and a half -- still small in those slippers ;-)

Am I bothered .................. nope ! :-)

That's very kind of you! Thank you. :)

We're really looking forward to it as we weren't sure we'd ever be able to go back on Adonia ever again. Frankly we need some sunshine(!) this weather is attrocius!:eek:

Have a great time ..... not long now until those sailaway cocktails :-)

Sent from my SM-T310 using Forums mobile app

According to the New Scientist women with small feet are more attractive to the opposite sex. Just saying....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well, I wasn't going to mention the huge following I have, but now you've brought it up.........:D