Mariner Penthouse Suite cabin 909

What a great itinerary and the Mariner takes the movement of the sea better than any Regent ship! As you no doubt have done research, the Mariner's PH suites are either larger or simply better than on other ships (bigger than Voyager or Navigator and better than Explorer IMO).

I know that it s a long way off but the anticipation of a cruise is always wonderful! Enjoy!

P.S. I hope to be posting photos of the PH suite on the Mariner on our Alaska cruise (we'll also be on Mariner for 25 days in November). While the photos will be of the pre-refurbishment PH suite, it will give you an idea of the size.

What a great itinerary and the Mariner takes the movement of the sea better than any Regent ship! As you no doubt have done research, the Mariner's PH suites are either larger or simply better than on other ships (bigger than Voyager or Navigator and better than Explorer IMO).

I know that it s a long way off but the anticipation of a cruise is always wonderful! Enjoy!

P.S. I hope to be posting photos of the PH suite on the Mariner on our Alaska cruise (we'll also be on Mariner for 25 days in November). While the photos will be of the pre-refurbishment PH suite, it will give you an idea of the size.

I look forward to seeing your photos! As you said, anticipation is wonderful. Also excited to see the new look Mariner will receive.

Papaflamingo,

We will be on the same cruise from Honolulu to Sydney. In fact, we will be directly above you (1003 is right above 909). We will try to walk lightly. :D

I'll hold you to that "walk lightly" promise BB. Then again, I was a career pilot and 38 years around jet engines has pretty much made it so I likely wouldn't hear you. 😂

Hope to meet you on the cruise.

I agree with other posters that the Penthouse suites on Mariner are excellent; a good size and very well laid out.

Depending on your preference, the only potential downside with suite 909 is that it has a bathtub with shower over.

Many guests prefer the suites that have been converted to shower only (marked with a star on the deck plans); certainly that is our preference when we sail on Mariner as we do not find the tub/shower combination very comfortable (for either a bath or a shower) whereas the shower in the shower-only suites is very agreeable.

I agree with other posters that the Penthouse suites on Mariner are excellent; a good size and very well laid out.

Depending on your preference, the only potential downside with suite 909 is that it has a bathtub with shower over.

Many guests prefer the suites that have been converted to shower only (marked with a star on the deck plans); certainly that is our preference when we sail on Mariner as we do not find the tub/shower combination very comfortable (for either a bath or a shower) whereas the shower in the shower-only suites is very agreeable.

Thanks Flossie, I saw that it was a bathtub. We discussed it, not a big deal. Would have preferred a shower only, but would have had to get a Penthouse A and really not a big enough deal. Maybe in the retrofit they'll change that. But glad to hear that the layout is so nice.

Thanks Flossie, I saw that it was a bathtub. We discussed it, not a big deal. Would have preferred a shower only, but would have had to get a Penthouse A and really not a big enough deal. Maybe in the retrofit they'll change that. But glad to hear that the layout is so nice.

We also have a bathtub suite as we booked the last suite in our category that was available. This is not be our preference and once upon a time I would have had difficulty getting into or out of the bathtub on the Mariner. While I wish that they would convert more suites into "shower suites", the demand from customers that want bathrooms prevents them from doing that.

It is worth registering your preference for a shower only with your TA and/or Regent in case a future cancellation frees up another PHC in a similarly good location.

Your itinerary looks great and I am sure you will love the Mariner.

We are in 910 for our August 30th sailing and have been in that suite previously. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it.

Hope that you enjoy your cruise!

So TC, would it be fair to say that you're traveling in the one after 909?

We have been in 902 on Mariner, which is a superb area of the ship like 909 . A quiet corridor ,no through traffic, and great views just below the wings on the bridge . The suites are great, spacious, with lots of room around the end of the bed, however we felt the closet was better on the Navigator as its on the side of the bathroom not opposite and larger.

The bathroom in 902 is a shower which is best, if short(hard to climb in or out) especially if ship is in motion or tall as height does not allow easy washing of hair etc as head if over 6'2 will be on ceiling in the combos. Mariner shower only are great with hand held shower and a large over head plus a seat as well. On Navigator last year had both bath and shower and despite it being a 22day B2B only used the tub once as shower was much more convenient. Register an interest in that if one becomes available .

It is worth registering your preference for a shower only with your TA and/or Regent in case a future cancellation frees up another PHC in a similarly good location.

Your itinerary looks great and I am sure you will love the Mariner.

Thank you. I will do that. Luckily I'm not that tall so I don't think the height will be too much of an issue. Besides, not much hair to wash. 😎

Hi: I'm new to this board. We are booked on the Honolulu to Tahiti November 2018 cruise. We will be in Penthiuse 908. It has a bathtub but I've informed the agent that if a shower only becomes available I'd like to move. This will be our first cruise with Regent and we are really looking forward to this cruise.

Hi: I'm new to this board. We are booked on the Honolulu to Tahiti November 2018 cruise. We will be in Penthiuse 908. It has a bathtub but I've informed the agent that if a shower only becomes available I'd like to move. This will be our first cruise with Regent and we are really looking forward to this cruise.

Welcome to the Regent board:D. The Mariner will have had $50M put into her by the time you sail next November. She will look amazing!

Although shower only suites always sell out before bathtub suites, it is a bit unusual to have them sell out so far in advance. It is likely that a shower only suite will become available!