Golden Princess and All-Inclusive Beverage Package NEW LIMITS

Mr. Muster

Hello Dearies!!!

A DF (Dear Friend) has just "come back new" again from yet ANOTHER Princess vacation --this time aboard the Regal. The scoop they heard from their favorite bartender while on holiday is that Princess is considering implementing a fleet wide restriction of nine (9) alcoholic drinks per day with their AIBP. After your ninth drinkie you have to start paying for each one thereafter at the regular rates. They also heard from staff that this is already the current practice aboard the Golden Princess to limit the AIBP to nine drinkies per day.

Sooooo.....has anyone heard about this? Do any of you Dearies who recently sailed aboard Golden Princess have any information about this that you can share? Or, would anyone who is scheduled to set sail aboard Golden Princess be willing to test this claim out and report back to us your experience?

Toot-Toot!

Cheerio, Dearies!!! :*

I think this came up on another thread, but with no confirmation. The website still says:

"Grownups will love our All-Inclusive Beverage Package, which includes unlimited cocktails, wine, beer, bottled water, teas, sodas specialty coffees and more, for just $57.45 per day!^ And for kids of all ages, from 2 to 102, our Unlimited Soda & More package includes fountain drinks, fruity mocktails, juices and creamy hot chocolate!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If true, I wonder how they implemented it for those with pre-paid AIBP (including Sip & Sail perks) based on the advertised unlimited alcoholic drinks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is an excellent point. Seems to me it would be a mess trying to figure that one out.

I've been watching another thread that said they were trying to limit it to 15 drinks per day....another that said 12 drinks per day.

Hoping to hear back from some people who recently sailed on Golden Princess to see what they might have to say....

Toot-Toot!

15 drink limit wasn't a problem for me. But 9 might be, if it includes all drinks like all the specialty coffees.

If it's a limit of 9 alcoholic drinks, I'm still going to be okay. But I agree it's kinda false advertising.

Do you want rumors and misinformation? Because this thread is how you get rumors and misinformation.

Please enlighten us, Dearie (as you are so inclined to do on all things!!!), how this is "rumors and misinformation"?

Toot-Toot!

I spoke to a Princess rep today re a sailing that offers "Sip & Sail" and she told me 15 drinks per day. LuAnn
To clarify, that would refer to alcoholic drinks. Non-alcoholic would still be unlimited.

Not surprised if Princess limits drinks. Too many people sharing with family and friends.

Do you want rumors and misinformation? Because this thread is how you get rumors and misinformation.

Are you suggesting that this thread should have never been started if the information cannot be verified? If so a lot of threads should have not been started.

Tom🤔

Pretty soon, only four pieces of bacon in the buffet

Just as long as there is enough butter.

If I have to buy a butter package, that is going too far.

It will also be very confusing:

AIBP -- all inclusive beverage package

AIBP -- all inclusive butter package

Well, they've pretty well squeezed every bit of drama out of the Emerald murder, so I guess the drink package is the next topic up for unfounded speculation.

I myself heard from a dear friend that the number of drinks permitted will be based on Captain's Circle status: 15 for Elites, 9 for Platinum, and Gold members get 5 but have the option of receiving extra bacon at breakfast.

This is fun.

Oh yes the butter package, please try and just have one piece of butter with your bun at dinner, no good for your cholesterol, and everyone seems to worry that having too many alcoholic drinks is not good for you. I can tell you I run ten miles a day and bet not a lot of people on this blog could come close to that. We are going on the Alaskan cruise in September and will be having as many drinks a day that I can have with the limit they put on, supposed to be 15. Will see what happens if they even put the limit on, when I am in the buffet and look around, I can guarantee that there are lots of people eating more than they should, so eat healthy and party hard, you are on vacation and everyone should just chill out, relax and enjoy life, enjoy yourself and respect others, that's how I feel about life in general

Well, they've pretty well squeezed every bit of drama out of the Emerald murder, so I guess the drink package is the next topic up for unfounded speculation.

I myself heard from a dear friend that the number of drinks permitted will be based on Captain's Circle status: 15 for Elites, 9 for Platinum, and Gold members get 5 but have the option of receiving extra bacon at breakfast.

This is fun.

Love this!

In the small print off the unlimited package, does it not already say the drinks can be limited? That would make the transition easy from their side.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Forums mobile app

It does say this for the AIBP with the current Sip n' Sail promotion. Per the description:

Free All-Inclusive Beverage Package applies to guests booked in a balcony stateroom or above, valid only for guests 1 & 2 per stateroom who are 21 years or older. The All-Inclusive Beverage Package price is $57.45 (US Dollars) per guest, per day and includes beer, cocktails, spirits and glasses of wine up to $10, all non-alcoholic beverages including bottled water, coffee, tea, and espresso specialty drinks, with a pre-paid 15% gratuity included for these items. The package includes the additional benefit of a 40% discount on bottles of wine under $100 (gratuity not included on wine bottles). A daily limit on alcoholic beverages will apply.

But the web site description of AIBP makes no mention of any limit.

Sent from my desktop using MTF

... I myself heard from a dear friend that the number of drinks permitted will be based on Captain's Circle status: 15 for Elites, 9 for Platinum, and Gold members get 5 but have the option of receiving extra bacon at breakfast. ...

Hey, what about the often forgotten Ruby members?