Suez cruise Rome to Abu Dhabi November

hobgoblin

Has anyone done this trip before ?

Need to know if we need visas for going to Dubai,Abu dhabi,Oman etc...haven't seen any information regarding this .

We have had the itinerary changed to Dubai now instead 2 nights Abu Dhabi .

Any tips on going sightseeing once in Dubai,can you walk off ship to port?

How conservative is dressing going to malls etc..?

Any information much appreciated .

With regard to visas, it may depend which country you're from, but as UK citizens we needed no visas in advance (I think the ship arranged visas onboard for Oman)

It's too far from the dock to walk to anywhere in Dubai, but there are always taxis, the HOHO bus picks up inside the port (tickets are sold in the port building but always negotiate for a better price) and there is usually a free bus to a local mall

.Shoulders and knees need to be covered in the malls

Sent from my SM-T550 using Forums mobile app

Hi I did the reverse cruise in April from Abu Dhabi to Rome and it was a trip of a life time You do not need to get any visas before you leave. When you check in to board in Rome they will collect your passport and all of the visas will be done on board the ship you dont have to worry about a thing a few days before you get to abu dhabi you will be given your passports back

If you visit any mosques in dubai or abu dhabi or oman you will need to wear appropriate clothing. I did the tour in oman to the mosque and you will need to wear long pants and shoulders covered also the ladies must wear a scarf over their head and chin

For some of the mosques, women need to wear an abaya; just a headscarf is not sufficient. Many of the women on our tour (including me) got the "opportunity" to purchase an abaya as a souvenir in Abu Dhabi in order to visit the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque.

I highly recommend doing an evening safari in Dubai; it is a not to be missed experience!

We did a Rome to Hong Kong cruise last year. I have written in depth about the ports and experiences on my blog if you are interested

(website is in my signature).

And, to reiterate what everybody else has said, no visas are necessary.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

For some of the mosques, women need to wear an abaya; just a headscarf is not sufficient. Many of the women on our tour (including me) got the "opportunity" to purchase an abaya as a souvenir in Abu Dhabi in order to visit the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque.

Abayas were not required when we visited last year. Long sleeves, long pants and headscarf were sufficient (although if the pants are too tight who knows?).

In Dubai, you need to take a taxi. It's not walkable.

The malls are quite interesting including the one with indoor skiing. You might want to visit the Souk's including the spice and jewelry ones.

Often an excursion is offered which is dinner in the dessert which I would recommend in Dubai.

Special attire is not needed in the malls.

At places such as the Grand Mosque in Abu Dhabi special clothing is needed and it will be provided to you at the Mosque before entering.

Keith

Abayas were not required when we visited last year. Long sleeves, long pants and headscarf were sufficient (although if the pants are too tight who knows?).

Interesting. It may depend on which mosque you visit; the Grand Mosque was the only one where abayas were required. They have them for rent there. Men need to make sure their shorts are long enough. There are "clothing police" at the security checkpoint and one of the men in our group was told his were too short. They must completely cover the knees.83c42b65e802c0189260c65a7d01a83a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums