select dining

Patty Kott

Hi,

We are cruising with three other couples and all have select dining. We called to link our reservations together. To be able to eat together for dinner every night we were given the time of either 6:15 pm or 8:00 pm. Does anyone know if we don't come at our select time one night due to a later excursion could we give our names in and wait for a table together for a later time.

I know they save that table for you so of course we would give notice if we are unable to make our designated time one or two nights. Just wanted to see if anyone else ever missed their select time on a given night and had a really hard time getting a table for eight at a later time. I would either stop down or call ahead.

We always use Select dining. One time, we weren't ready to eat at our selected time, so we went to the desk and told them to give our reservation away about an hour early. We asked if we could reserve later and were told no. Also asked if we could simply show up later and get the buzzer and were told that would 'likely be OK'. We ended up eating in the Buffet instead and enjoyed our meal, so I don't have a definitive answer for you.

If you don't have some kind of arrangement, yes, you can come when you want and put your name in for the large table. Obviously you will need to wait for guests at the large tables to finish. Your wait will be longer of course during the peak hours.(7-8) You could split up into two smaller groups or choose the buffet on the nights the wait is too long.

yes, your wait will be longer with six, but it is doable.

We were on Summit and we had 8 of us. Every evening/morning I would look at the paper and see what time the show was at and then I would call and make reservations, so never an issue. We never had to wait.

If it is just my husband and I, we never make reservations, we go eat when we feel like it and rarely have to wait.