If you got a call offering a free cruise, you might be entitled to at least $300

Fla Mike

Interesting. The cruise lines chose not to fight the suit and decided to just settle.

Neither of our cell phones were in the database but we still have a "regular" phone (although it's through Vonage so it's really cheap). That number is in the database. I know we've received a lot of stupid calls like this. I filed the info and will wait to see what happens. I would imagine that, due to the number of these stupid calls, I "should" be eligible for the maximum.

Interesting. The cruise lines chose not to fight the suit and decided to just settle.

Neither of our cell phones were in the database but we still have a "regular" phone (although it's through Vonage so it's really cheap). That number is in the database. I know we've received a lot of stupid calls like this. I filed the info and will wait to see what happens. I would imagine that, due to the number of these stupid calls, I "should" be eligible for the maximum.

Hi Thrak,

It turns out my cell# is in their database, so I filled out a claim form too, As you said, will wait to see what happens.

Now, if someone would only pay us for those annoying solar energy calls. :D

I didn't go to the link.I get too many spam calls as it is.

You may have misunderstood what the link is for. If you got a call from the offending marketing company representing the cruise lines shown in the article you could be eligible for a settlement for at least one or more of those spam calls.

I didn't go to the link.I get too many spam calls as it is.

The link takes you to a page where you simply enter your phone number and it checks to see if that number is in the database of the marketing company that made the (illegal) calls. If your number is in the database (our cell numbers weren't but our land line was) you then either fill in the info and print the form to mail in or you can fill in the same info (phone, email, address) and file electronically. In addition to the link in the post above there is other info about this online. It has been in TV news, etc.

Checked it out on Snopes before I filled the form out. My cell was on their list.......

http://www.snopes.com/cruise-ship-lawsuit/

Good for you. I use snopes a lot. I used to have a friend (sadly now gone) who sent me tons of crap. I got him to start checking snopes and he quit sending me crap and started letting the folks who sent it to him know that it was (mostly) crap. It is truly amazing the amount of absolute garbage that people send to their friends, acquaintances, strangers... as a "warning". Often they will send it "just in case". Sheesh... Check it out before you send it to people.

Thanks for pointing it out here that snopes.com can be a real eye opener for this type of thing. This one is, of course, true.

Edited by Thrak

No luck. How I wish I had those spam calls.

Yeah, totally agree. We get tons of spam calls. Out of all of those calls this is one that we didn't get. It would have been a good thing to have gotten one from them considering the compensation. Oh well, we will continue to not answer the unknown numbers. If it is important they will leave a message.......they never do.

Our landline wasn't in the database, but both Hubby and my cell phones were. Filled out the form for each of us.

On a side note, I answer all calls when it rings (which it rarely does as we live in a cell dead zone) and I feel like it. Last week, the person on the line argued with me as the first words out of my mouth after hello are "take this number off your list". I kept repeating the phrase and he kept saying he didn't have to, finally he had to do what every telemarketer is taught NEVER to do and he hung up. Even if I've granted permission at some point, that statement reneges the permission and any subsequent calls are considered nonpermitted.

We too are CCL shareholders, however according to the ABC Nightly News (which is how we found out) the cruise lines did NOT have any connection with the resort marking company which is the focus of the class action lawsuit.

We filed.

Thank you for sharing this. My landline was on the list, so I just filed. I'm a little confused about the part where it says you can claim for up to 3 calls per line. Does that mean that I have to file 3 claims? Otherwise, do their records keep track of how many times each number was called?

I checked and found both DH's an my cell numbers on the list. We went ahead and filed our claims online.

I had seen the story on our local news, but this thread is what motivated me to check and see if our numbers were on the list, so thanks, op, for posting.

Good for you. I use snopes a lot. I used to have a friend (sadly now gone) who sent me tons of crap. I got him to start checking snopes and he quit sending me crap and started letting the folks who sent it to him know that it was (mostly) crap. It is truly amazing the amount of absolute garbage that people send to their friends, acquaintances, strangers... as a "warning". Often they will send it "just in case". Sheesh... Check it out before you send it to people.

Thanks for pointing it out here that snopes.com can be a real eye opener for this type of thing. This one is, of course, true.

It's amazing how many people post things on Facebook, including RIPs for a celebrity (often they see a link for an old story and don't check the date). I try to check out such stories before I "share." Snopes and some other fact finder sites are pretty useful (IMDB is useful for anyone in show business as they're pretty good about checking out deaths before changing a bio). A friend kept PMing me last summer with various things she heard about one candidate, and I would post links that refute that info...but she seemed to want to believe her iffy sources.

I checked my landline and cell number...not on that list (right now I can't remember my old cell phone number, but I think I can look for it and check as it was still active til last year or late in 2015. We don't pick up our landline unless we're expecting a call and turn on the bell. Our answering machine does get a lot of hang ups and "hello, hello" calls or calls stating one of our first names as if we'll think it's a friend (we're guessing sales calls where the caller is hoping we'll pick up, but if we're near the answering machine, and we don't recognize the voice....forget it).

It's harder on my cell phone as I can't screen calls other than the caller ID. Since I have a plan with 100 minutes/month, I don't want to risk minutes on a telemarketer. If it's an out-of-state caller, I'm not answering it. Lately, I was getting someone starting with the "as you've been at this resort...." calls. I either hang up immediately or yell at them "not I haven't". I try to mark those calls with the words telemarketer or sales call so I won't pick up any calls from those numbers in the future.

I truly wish that Do Not Call Registry actually worked.

I checked both our numbers. We did have some calls in the past, but I guess they weren't the right spammers! I hope you do get the max. Hopefully you'll have a good few shore excursions on them.