??? drinks

Lyndihop

We are going on our 2nd cruise w/ Regent. But our 1st was when it was Radisson, and the drinks (I believe was only wine/beer) at that time was with lunch and dinner. However, in looking at our upcoming cruise, if I'm correct ALL drinks are included??? Can you order a bottle of wine for your room and it's still included? And is the mini bar that is replenished daily included as well?? Our last cruise on Celebrity had limits on what you could order according to the package one purchased. And there were no mini bars included.

Yes - almost "all" drinks are included (except very upper top shelf drinks) - no limits. Most top shelf alcohols are included. I believe that you can order bottles for your suite. We have beer and champagne in our mini bar. Regent is truly all-inclusive!

There is no minibar per se on Regent. Used to be, back in the Radisson days before all-inclusive liquor, that you were provided with liquor in your cabin, and beer in your fridge, and you could choose what kind of tipple, including wine. Now they don't do that I believe, beyond beer, but they will stock your fridge if you like with wine, or provide bottles of liquor (I think.)

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer

Spirits, wines, beers, cocktails, speciality coffees and soft drinks are all included on Regent ships

Drinks are served at various bars around the ship and in the restaurants

Your butler or steward will stock your suite fridge with the beers, wines and soft drinks of your choice and can also supply you with a bottle of your favourite spirit as required

Not to worry! You'll get at least a bottle of spirits of your choice (maybe 2?) and wine and/or beer. We have never wanted for anything in the spirits catagory that we didn't get. And we only do concierge or a shade lower, never a big suite. Of course we're not talking Chateau Y'quem or vintage champers here, but we've always been happy with what we get.

We were on the Navigator in the summer of 2015. As soon as we got to our suite on embarkation day, we asked for several Coronas, with limes, a bottle of Makers Mark, a bottle of Grey Goose and a bottle of red and white wines. We we fully stocked in about 30 minutes. The next day we asked for lots of Ginger Ale. :)

On our last cruise on Voyager, when we walked into the suite (G class, so we're not talking high class), there was a bottle of champagne chilling on the table, the mini-fridge was stuffed with soft drinks and beer, and when the room steward came in about 10 minutes later, he asked how we wanted the fridge refreshed, and asked what kinds of bottles (2) of alcohol we wanted. He also inquired about our choices of "color" of wine, and when we returned from dinner, all of our choices were there.

The drinks and service on the Regent are a real treat for my wife and I. Our first cruise on Regent a few years back we asked for a couple of bottles of spirits and also for a few bottles of wine. They were in our room within 30 minutes.

The only problem was the cruise was short and each time we left the room we would find ourselves stopping by a bar for mixed drinks. We drank the bottles of wine but did not even touch spirits.

You will not go wanting, and by the end of your cruise you will feel really spoiled, it is a blast and something to really look forward to.

I'm not sure that Regent still does this, but this was something that just blew me away.

On our very first Regent cruise, a TA on the Mariner, we were involved in a group project. We met (8 of us) in a "normal sized" cabin, not the tiniest, but most certainly not large. In the course of working on things, our hostess thought we should order drinks. "Can you do that?" She got on the phone and rattled off a list of assorted libations "one campari with lemon, not orange and 2 ice cubes only, a dry Absolute martini with 3 olives, one corona with a glass and no lime, etc, etc. It all arrived exactly as ordered and was served with little yummies......that blew me away!

Mudhen,

That is what we switched to doing on our last cruise was just ordering our drinks to our room. After a day of sightseeing, we would get back to the ship take a little nap, my wife would open a bottle of wine and I would call up and get a Manhattan or another cocktail and then we would get ready for the evening. Kind of a pre-cocktail hour cocktail hour.

Then at the end of the night, I would often have a little night cap brought up to the room.

The only issue I have with the service is that when I get home I just sit there waiting for someone to bring me a drink and put a napkin in my lap when I sit down at the table.

Our first cruise ever was on Regent in 2012, we were hooked after the first day. Love the service, atmosphere and ambience. Next cruise is Venice to Rome on Voyager in Oct 2017 we will be in an F suite this time we have always had Concierge before but the Canadian dolllar not being strong right now dictated this minor change.

We've decided to opt out of our cruise with Regent. Very disappointed in the 63% favor of reviews on the Voyager.

Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, some cruise lines give incentives to passengers to give good reviews. Many Regent reviews sound as if they are from people that have not done research on Regent and/or have unrealistic expectations.

The Voyager was our favorite ship for 11 years (the Explorer has now taken first place:-)

Whatever cruise line you choose, have a great cruise (and don't believe everything that you read about the cruise line. When we started with Regent, the reviews were terrible - our expectations were low but we were instantly hooked).

Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, some cruise lines give incentives to passengers to give good reviews. Many Regent reviews sound as if they are from people that have not done research on Regent and/or have unrealistic expectations.

The Voyager was our favorite ship for 11 years (the Explorer has now taken first place:-)

Whatever cruise line you choose, have a great cruise (and don't believe everything that you read about the cruise line. When we started with Regent, the reviews were terrible - our expectations were low but we were instantly hooked).

We've only sailed on Voyager once, but it was just as good, if not better, than our other trips on Mariner and Navigator. Our story was similar to others here: We took our first cruise on Regent and were hooked by day 3. Booked our second one while onboard the first. I'm always a little bit sad when I see people opting out of their cruises, especially based on reading negative reviews, but we all have our reasons for booking/not booking cruises. We currently have three booked but may need to do some 'shuffling' to accommodate work schedules and sending our youngest daughter on a 'Semester-At-Sea' program for her final semester. Kind of an unexpected expense and some unforeseen travel...but as our schedules allow, we'll be back on board Regent as often as possible. :D

In my opinion, the OP is going to miss out on one of the best travel experiences out there, but never mind. If the whole world chose to sail on Voyager, there wouldn't be room for the rest of us!

I also go back to the Radisson days, with setups in the cabins and except for dinner they charged for everything. My recollection is that even a beer with lunch was charged.

Management said that when they went to all-inclusive drinks, the overall alcohol consumption on the ships didn't change very much.

But from my own observations, the social ambience changed a lot, all for the better. People were out and about in the bars and lounges a lot more, instead of staying in their cabins.

I sort of wonder about what would happen if a mass-market line went all-inclusive: I have pretty negative images of drunken people puking in the elevator. But it certainly didn't happen on Regent.

Edited by DavidTheWonderer

We've decided to opt out of our cruise with Regent. Very disappointed in the 63% favor of reviews on the Voyager.

Wow, that's weird, Voyager has been our favourite ship, although I admit I haven't been on for 5 years! Not like Radisson, but Voyager was definitely better in some ways, for sure. Wasn't ever on the Song, but was on Diamond and Navigator and Paul Gauguin, all back when Radisson. Trying Mariner finally in two months.

Some where on this Regent site someone posted a liquor list of brands you

can ask for in your cabin but can not find it right now.

I made a bunch of copies of it and take a couple with me on each cruise.

Fill it out and give it to our cabin attendant and have always received a bottle

of what we both would like. Wife Grey Goose and me Crown Royal.

I am sorry to say that I do not like any types of beer except Coors Light, Bud Light,

or Miller Light, so ask them to remove the beer in the refrigerator and replace

it with one of these. ( micro beer companies would go out of business with me around).

Gosh. With what I am writing you would think I drink like a fish. Actually

it is just nice to have them in our cabin so when we are relaxing on our veranda

or just coming back from a excursion, or just a little down time we have what we want

available.

I found the posting and bumped it up. It is the # 15th post.

Edited by Jim B