New Bathroom Amenities for top Suites?

Prada Cowboy

• 9 months later...
Could someone clarify what Regent considers 'the top suites'? Thanks.

I think the rule of thumb is that if it has a name (Grand Suite, Master Suite, etc.) it's a top suite. If it's got a letter in its name (PH A, Concierge D, etc.) it's a normal suite.

Not 100% certain about this, though, as I've only sailed in a named suite (Navigator Suite) once, so I'm far from an expert. :)

I only sailed once on Regent and can not remember anything in the bathroom. even top brands I can not us the conditioner on my hair. after a few days not my hair.so I always carry conditioner and body wash. If PH get some of these names I can use all but conditioner.

We are in a Grand Suite. The products available are:

Bottega Veneta

Guerlain Eau Imperiale

L'Occitane Mistral

Have no idea which suite receive these. I would guess Regent Suite, Master Suite, Grand Suite and Seven Seas Suite but it could include PH suite. Not sure why this is important as we prefer what we purchase at home.

Not sure why this is important as we prefer what we purchase at home.

The OP stated that they were coming from Australia and had concerns about luggage space/weight. Being able to leave behind the big bottles (or not having to hassle with transferring to smaller bottles) could be a big plus.

I, for one, just use the supplied products - haven't ever had any issues. But then again, I'm not that picky.

I use L'Occitane here at home so it's kind of important. I will bring some of my own products too. I believe we get these products in consierge suites, I thought it said Bvulgari in the higher suites. These are luxury brands so well done if they are included on the Explorer. L'Occitane smells divine... all of the range is beautiful.

The OP stated that they were coming from Australia and had concerns about luggage space/weight. Being able to leave behind the big bottles (or not having to hassle with transferring to smaller bottles) could be a big plus.

I, for one, just use the supplied products - haven't ever had any issues. But then again, I'm not that picky.

Yes, luggage space at a premium because we are travelling so far to join this ship (Barcelona to Venice) plus we are staying on extra time in Italy (3 weeks) so luggage space is at an absolute premium, every little thing counts as we seem to pick up a lot of things along the way. It's fantastic that these luxury products are supplied.

I've done 2 cruises on Oceania, this is my first Regent cruise.

Greetings from South Beach, fashionfilly. We had a condo in Paris for three years, and I bought L'Occitane products in a local shop. Great stuff. However, any soap or lotion from Provence was just as good. There is a L'Occitane and a Paul's bakery on the Beach now. Lucky us. We are in a PH A, and therefore in a nameless accommodation. We will have L'Occitane and Guerlain items. Having sailed on at least sixty cruises, it seems that the products the lines supply work best with the ships' water. This may be an illusion, but I recall having trouble rinsing shampoos that I brought from home.

The catalog we received recently, January 2017 through May 2018, is loaded with specifics about all of Regent's vessels. There is a calendar in the back that lists every voyage in that time frame. Very handy. We can pick a few and see if on board deals are indeed deals. It's a fun way to cruise shop. With the exception of our next cruise, because there was no on board, most of our cruises were booked on board.

Mary

Edited by warburg

Fashionfilly, we're fellow Australians with 100+ nights on Regent though have yet to experience the Explorer. All reports indicate that L'Occitane's Mer et Mistral is the norm in all Explorer suites. A Concierge suite would attract the same toiletries as a Cat H suite, so no designer brands like Bottega Veneta. Having said that L'Occitane make nothing but soaps and skin care, whereas Bottega Veneta are originally shoemakers - albeit very classy ones. Suggest you pop down to your local L'Occitane shop and ask for a sample of this range. The ship bottles are very generous (about 50 mls) and a couple stashed in your luggage should last you the duration of your Italian sojourn negating the need to bring anything from home. We bring facial scrubs and moisturisers, plus styling products but the range provided seems to cover every other need.

So leave your usual products behind - more room for wonderful goodies to bring back.:)

Thanks for your comments, I'm so happy with L'Occitane and have miniature bottles that I refill for trips but this is a great bonus having them supplied on this ship. I've been using the different L'Occitane skin care range for years and their stores are beautiful. I'm excited! With what we get on the ship plus what we get on the flight & pre cruise hotel, we will have all we need.