Calling all needlepoint fans

gnomie1

One of my favorite things to do while aboard ship is work on a needlepoint project - I find it extremely relaxing and as a child I remember doing needlepoint with my Mom and occasionally still do so today but with all my crazy responsibilities, it is an activity I rarely have time for which makes needlepoint on the ship even more special.

I was pleasantly surprised this time around to learn that Regent has now commissioned special kits - the three that I remember are a Regent Xmas ornament, a Regent eyeglass case and an Explorer themed passport case. (Note - the passport case will hold a "regular" American passport, but it is really tight if you have a passport that has extra pages).

The designs are not very challenging so an expert needlepointer may be a little disappointed, but the design is very easy to follow so even a beginner should have no problems. The Xmas ornament and eyeglass case only have two colors and are in the "R" logo.

I am curious if any passengers on the other ships have noticed if there are kits available specific to the ship they are sailing or if this is something unique to Explorer.

gnomie :)

I know that the needlepoint kits are available, my question was do the Mariner, Navigator and Voyager also have kits specific to the ship - on the Explorer there was a passport case with a picture of the front of the Explorer and the letters spelled out.

One of my favorite things to do while aboard ship is work on a needlepoint project - I find it extremely relaxing and as a child I remember doing needlepoint with my Mom and occasionally still do so today but with all my crazy responsibilities, it is an activity I rarely have time for which makes needlepoint on the ship even more special.

I was pleasantly surprised this time around to learn that Regent has now commissioned special kits - the three that I remember are a Regent Xmas ornament, a

The Xmas ornament and eyeglass case only have two colors and are in the "R" logo.

gnomie: thanks for this post! Ms. Portolan is into both needlepoint and Christmas decorations which acknowledge our travels. Never noticed the Regent needlepoint kits (unless it turns out they are new with the Explorer) and have made a note to ourselves to get same next March when we are on Explorer for the first time for "Atlantis Glamour."

My pleasure -

This is the first time that I have noticed the kits specific to Regent.

When the social hostess brings up the kits on the first needlepoint day of the cruise, if you do not find the Xmas decorations, just ask - they may not think to bring up that kit in March!

It was the first time I had seen a needlepoint kit that was a Xmas decoration - most of the time they have scissor cases, coin purses, eyeglass cases, cosmetic cases and occasionally e-reader cases and pillows. I love the pillows because when I have completed them, I have the back embroidered with the name and date of the cruise.