Fort Lauderdale ; Trulucks or Boatyard ?

scotslizzy

Having been twice to Trulucks we are considering going back there in Feb as we know and like the product but is the Boatyard similar in terms of food and ambience ?

We are staying at Hilton Marina but intend using the water shuttle during the day to see as much as possible and could use this to get to Trulucks to get there in time for martinis before dinner and then taxi home

Scotslizzy

I was at the Boatyard a couple of years ago. We loved it and sat outside, but I recall someone posting that it has recently changed hands and has a new owner/manager, so I am not sure if it is still as good as it was.

Same owners, it is more upscale.

I like Trulucks better than Boatyard but Boatyard has much better outdoor dining.

I was at the Boatyard a couple of years ago. We loved it and sat outside, but I recall someone posting that it has recently changed hands and has a new owner/manager, so I am not sure if it is still as good as it was.

If you were there 2 yrs ago, it was Bimini Boatyard. Boatyard is completely different. It's beautiful and the food is excellent. It's much more interesting and more Floridian than Trulucks.

I think we are going to Boatyard then !

One question should we book or is it a walk in ? Feb 17 which is a Friday .

Cheers

Scotslizzy

You should make a reservation. Boatyard is on Open Table. The great thing is that you can walk there.

There is also a nice seafood restaurant called Lobster Bar on Las Olas Blvd, about 3 miles from Hilton Marina.

If you were there 2 yrs ago, it was Bimini Boatyard. Boatyard is completely different. It's beautiful and the food is excellent. It's much more interesting and more Floridian than Trulucks.

Yes! Bimini Boatyard. That was it! But now I am confused. Is it the same restaurant/location and they just changed the name?