Wait list for excursions?

Merly

We have just booked our first Regent cruise on the Mariner sailing from Miami on 3rd January 2017. We are very excited and I would welcome any hints or tips to ensure we make the most of this experience.

I realise that we have booked late but when we went to book our excursions we found all the popular ones and those we wanted to do booked. We have booked second choices but I wondered if there is a wait list for others or should I enquire about cancellations when on board?

We have booked the restaurants but again have had to say we will share a table but we would like to eat alone sometimes, again will it be likely that this will become available?

Hi Merly,

Was the wait list option showing when you booked your excursions online? I seem to remember having that the first 2 times I cruised with Regent, but for this last booking it wasn't showing. I called Regent and asked to get on the wait lists for the excursions I wanted, which was done easily. The person I talked to seemed puzzled that I couldn't choose the wait list myself, so it may be either a mistake or something new. Call right away and tell them which excursions you want to be on the list for.

The specialty restaurant reservations are tougher, and my only real quibble with Regent in general. "I'm sorry, Madam" is usually the answer for changes unless you're at gold level or in one of the top suites. But ask the same day and see if anything has opened up.

Hi Merly,

Was the wait list option showing when you booked your excursions online? I seem to remember having that the first 2 times I cruised with Regent, but for this last booking it wasn't showing. I called Regent and asked to get on the wait lists for the excursions I wanted, which was done easily. The person I talked to seemed puzzled that I couldn't choose the wait list myself, so it may be either a mistake or something new. Call right away and tell them which excursions you want to be on the list for.

The specialty restaurant reservations are tougher, and my only real quibble with Regent in general. "I'm sorry, Madam" is usually the answer for changes unless you're at gold level or in one of the top suites. But ask the same day and see if anything has opened up.

Hi thank you for your reply. There was no wait list option on line so I will give them a call today.

The restaurants I can live with. We have bookings and although we do like a table for 2 I am sure our new table companions, who ever they are, will be very nice.

We were wait listed for two excursions on our present voyage and by the time we boarded both wait lists had cleared.

If you are still wait listed when on board, and it is an excursion you really want, then go down to the Theatre at the time the excursion is due to depart; as the excursions are included some guests just do not turn up and therefore last minute spaces may become available. The Destinations staff will try to accommodate you if they possibly can

• 3 weeks later...

We're on the Explorer in 2 weeks time and had 4 shorex wait-listed. One cleared a few weeks ago. Actually, Regent called our TA to tell him we were double-booked. I then called Regent and cancelled our "2nd choice". Hope the other 3 clear once we're onboard.

Also made our 3 alternate dining reservations. Had to use "sharing" to get dates early in the cruise (that were not extremely late dining times). Hope things will work out so we can get more reservations, table for 2, later in the 2-week cruise.