Embarkation Day Must Do List

12Mermaids

Embarkation Day Must Do List

RELAX

My goals are to, in no particular order,

1) Um christen the cabin

2) order a wang wang

What do you possibly mean ? ;)

OP, IMO you forgot the MOST important thing todo.

SLOW down, relax ans enjoy yourself. A cruise is fun, it isn't about racing around the ship with a huge to do list. :D

Exactly .

OP , enjoy your cruise and if possible pare down your must do's.

Very good to know about the computer classes and the line forming so early!

And thanks for the guestimate on the beverage card! I know I wouldn't get value out of the SBP, but wasn't sure about another card.

Thanks for wishing me a great time--I'm SO excited about this cruise.

On your last night, if you have extra, buy a friend a glass of wine.

First stop is always the Lobby/Atrium Bar for a welcome aboard drink to calm down and start the decompression of the transportation to the terminal, lines, boarding, waiting, etc.

Carry that drink to the room - grab all the papers sitting on the bed/desk, open the sliding door and sit on the balcony and read until the drink is gone.

Muster drill and sail-away (Drink of the day) then back to the room to unpack/ freshen up / dress for dinner, before dinner drink.... (pattern developing)

NOW I am ready for the Cruise...

I like your style! [emoji485]

For cruises that depart late (11pm for my T/A) what time is the muster drill, in your experience?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

IFor cruises that depart late (11pm for my T/A) what time is the muster drill, in your experience?

On my late sailing from Venice last fall (think it was 10:00 or 11:00 PM) the muster was between the dinner seatings, at something like 7:15 or 7:30. It did run over, and second seating started a few minutes late.

I don't know how they worked around the open seating passengers, but they had the same muster.

I imagine at least some guests went ashore for dinner inVenice. I believe, my late DH and I would not have had dinner on the ship if we could have eaten ashore. We would have made sure to re b ack in plenty off timefor life boat drill. No sense pushing our luck. Darn but I miss Him.

Edited by sail7seas

Checking daily menus and adjusting specialty restaurant reservations is a brilliant idea! We have found our favorite items in the MDR are always on the same night and there is at least one if not two menus that we are not very excited about and order something off of the available nightly items. Who did you ask for the week's worth of menus? Someone in the dining room, or the front desk (or Neptune lounge if it is available to you)? Thanks for the great idea!

Another stop we make on embarkation day is at the library as the best selection is always on day one.

There's a BIG chance things have changed since my last cruise, but I found the library locked on E day, and had to get books the next day, first sea day.

Checking daily menus and adjusting specialty restaurant reservations is a brilliant idea! We have found our favorite items in the MDR are always on the same night and there is at least one if not two menus that we are not very excited about and order something off of the available nightly items. Who did you ask for the week's worth of menus? Someone in the dining room, or the front desk (or Neptune lounge if it is available to you)? Thanks for the great idea!

I'm curious about this, too. I would LOVE to have all the menus to spread out! Like zgscl, we'll have the help of the Neptune concierges in a few weeks. Can they do this?

There's a BIG chance things have changed since my last cruise, but I found the library locked on E day, and had to get books the next day, first sea day.

I'm curious about this, too. I would LOVE to have all the menus to spread out! Like zgscl, we'll have the help of the Neptune concierges in a few weeks. Can they do this?

Please let us know if you have any success asking the Neptune concierge for the full week's worth. Great way to plan!

I imagine at least some guests went ashore for dinner inVenice. I believe, my late DH and I would not have had dinner on the ship if we could have eaten ashore. We would have made sure to re b ack in plenty off timefor life boat drill. No sense pushing our luck. Darn but I miss Him.

Hold onto all the wonderful memories.

We find our room, go to the MDR & find our table so we know where to go at dinner time. Find the wine steward & order a wine package, get our internet package. When the bags are delivered, unpack. Go to the Sea View bar & order a drink and meet out CC roll call members. After the Muster Drill, back to the bar start the cruise with the sail away.

Allan

I have never asked (most of my cruises have been too long and the menus have been different depending upon what can be found in port) but if anyone could help, the concierges should be able to. Let us know if it works please.

Other than a Noro situation, the library has always been open on embarkation day when we have cruised ;)

Edited by kazu

Embarkation Day:

1. Final suitcase pack and checks

2. Tend to cat (fresh litter box, multiple food & water bowls)

3. Unplug all electronics (computers, TVs, etc...)

4. Load car

5. LOCK DOOR!

6. Double check door is locked

7. Have wife check door herself (avoiding "Honey, did we lock the door?" later. :D

8. Drive to son's house to park - give son keys to check on cat and in case needs to move car

9. Ride with son to pier & drop luggage

10. Check in

11. BOARD!

12. Drop carry-on bags in cabin and scope it out

13. MDR (depending on status limit) or Lido Market to get a table

14. Lunch

15. Explore ship for a few hours

16. Sail away at 4pm.

17. Order bottle of Brandy for cabin, after underway

18. MDR dinner

19. Scope out entertainment options in evening

20. Zzzzzzzz

Dear Sail7Seas and RichStowe,

I do plan to relax, honest! I also don't want to miss anything, so I plan ahead in order get things out of the way---clearing the way for relaxation (at least until the first port :).

Sail7Seas, please accept my condolences on your loss.

[quote name='zgscl']Checking daily menus and adjusting specialty restaurant reservations is a brilliant idea! We have found our favorite items in the MDR are always on the same night and there is at least one if not two menus that we are not very excited about and order something off of the available nightly items. Who did you ask for the week's worth of menus? Someone in the dining room, or the front desk (or Neptune lounge if it is available to you)? Thanks for the great idea![/quote]

You're welcome for the idea--if it works. I've received the impression that the menus are planned well in advance, so I don't know why I wouldn't be allowed to take a look.

I'll be sure to let you know what I find out. I'm not in a suite, but I agree the concierges should certainly be able to assist.

[quote name='kazu']The best deals for the spa/hydrotherapy pool, etc. Is on embarkation day.

Depending on itinerary, it can fill up fast, so head up to the spa on embarkation day and get it booked ;)

There are specials for spa treatments (ie. Massage, etc.) during the cruise. They will either be in On Location or on a pamphlet in your mail box.

If you want to order a drink for sail a way, the bar stewards are at the aft pool, Lido, bars, etc. Sail a way out of Vancouver,the aft pool (sea view pool) is a nice spot.

Have a great time :)[/quote]

I appreciate the information about the spa and sail away. Thanks for wishing me a great time. At this point, I cannot imagine it won't be fantastic!

[quote name='Krazy Kruizers'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]You will have to get that Beverage Card activated before you can use it. So when you give it to the any bar server, tell him it has to be activated -- they will ask for your ID card to do that.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]Be sure that you take copies of anything that you pre-purchase.[/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

Thank you for this information. I had no idea about card activation. Didn't realize I ought to bring proof of advance purchases (but it makes sense)!

[quote name='HALrunner']I think most of your questions have been answered, but just want to give you a round of applause for such a well researched, concise post!

Another stop we make on embarkation day is at the library as the best selection is always on day one....

A word of caution, the spa often has several drawings on embarkation day. If you chose to sign up for these, plan on spending about half an hour listening to spa promotions at the time of the drawing, which is often near sail away time. I would much rather spend that time at the Aft Pool activating my beverage card;)[/quote]

Thank you, thank you! I accept all applause very gladly!

The library!! I am so glad you mentioned it. It's now on my list.

Nice to know about the drawings coming with a catch. I'd much rather buy thermal suite access at embarkation day rates and then skedaddle.

[quote name='take us away']The 15% gratuity shows up on the receipt you will get for each beverage and if you have a beverage card, the drink + gratuity amount is deducted with each purchase and the remaining amount on the card is also listed on the receipt.

Have an awesome time![/quote]

Thank you, Take Us Away. Very clear and concise explanation.

[quote name='Sequim88']I had asked about this in the Dummies thread and never got a a definitive answer. Since the menus tend to be the same all season (especially for 7-day or weekly itineraries) they should have them available but whether they "make them available" to view is another question.[/quote]

I'll make sure to let you know (and AlbertaQuilter, and Fannish, and zgscl).