Oosterdam Dailies

Cruzinram

I don't know about recent Oosterdam "On Location" programs, but if you do an internet search under the following topic headings, you will find some very informative websites that do contain a number of daily programs for various HAL itineraries and ships: HAL cruiser information and Roger Jett photography. I don't include the direct links in this case because of forum rules here; sorry about that.

I don't know about recent Oosterdam "On Location" programs, but if you do an internet search under the following topic headings, you will find some very informative websites that do contain a number of daily programs for various HAL itineraries and ships: HAL cruiser information and Roger Jett photography. I don't include the direct links in this case because of forum rules here; sorry about that.

Since my website: http://www.rogerjett-photography.com is a personal hobby site, the links to my site are allowed here on CC

Here is a link to the On Locations for my last Oosterdam cruise last year:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/specialty-2/on-locations-specific-cruises/ms-oosterdam-11-day-caribbean-2015-16-on-location/

I did a blog from a 21-day Caribbean Collector cruise on Oosterdam in Jan-Feb 2016, and posted the On Locations daily. They are not as nicely arranged as on Roger Jett's site, but if you want to scroll through the blog, you can see as many of them as you like. Here is the link to the blog: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2307712

Dave

Keikobad - thanks very much for posting those as it is nice to read a little bit about the entertainment before boarding.

We are going on the Oosterdam 24 day Med coming up soon and wondering if you noticed if they had a "Black & White" Officer's Party or Ball onboard? If so, was it done on a "Gala Night" or just a regular night? Haven't been on since 2012, so don't know if they still have these or not?

Hope you continue to enjoy your cruise!:)

Thanks very much,

Canuck

Hi Canuck,

we left the Oosterdam this morning and we were not aware of any "black and white" officer party or ball. We didn't see anything similar in the daily programme and received no invitation. But we sailed only 12 days with her. Maybe you get lucky.

Otherwise the drydock did her very well and we enjoyed the pinnacle grill without these strange heave silver "chairs" they used to have.

Enjoy your cruise!

Timo

Hi Keikobad,

Thanks very much for letting me know. Maybe they have stopped having the "Black & White" parties in recent years.

I "think" your cruise went to Marseilles - if so, was there a mandatory shuttle to get out of the port area? I read something about that but couldn't find more info.

Glad that you enjoyed your cruise! We are very much looking forward to ours!:)

Canuck

Hi Canuck,

there is a shuttle for 16€pp for a round trip to Marseille. I don't think this one is mandatory. I saw some people walking back to the ship. But the port is 5 kilometers out of the city center.

We had a taxi to the train station for 18€ and thought it is a good price. We went by train to Cassis and did a boat tour to see the calanques and then took a train to Bandol where we had booked a guide for vine tasting and cellar tours in beautiful vineries. We walked only in the evening a little bit through Marseilles but were not impressed. Many people from the ship didn't feel safe at all in this city. I would again prefer to do something out of the city.

Best

Timo

Keikobad,

Thanks so much for all the info - very much appreciated. Sounds like we will take the shuttle as that is too far of a walk in a somewhat industrial area. We are still debating whether to do a tour outside the city or just wander around ourselves. We already had a sense that we would probably not go into Marseilles at night.

Thanks again!

Canuck

Keikobad - thanks very much for posting those as it is nice to read a little bit about the entertainment before boarding.

We are going on the Oosterdam 24 day Med coming up soon and wondering if you noticed if they had a "Black & White" Officer's Party or Ball onboard? If so, was it done on a "Gala Night" or just a regular night? Haven't been on since 2012, so don't know if they still have these or not?

Hope you continue to enjoy your cruise!:)

Thanks very much,

Canuck

We had a black and white ball on our April, 2016 Westerdam cruise (Hawaii, Tahiti and Marquesas). Have had them on other cruises as well. It depends upon how many sea days there are and the length of the cruise I believe.

Our black and white balls have been done on the gala nights. (Not required to wear black and white - LOL)

We had a black and white ball on our April, 2016 Westerdam cruise (Hawaii, Tahiti and Marquesas). Have had them on other cruises as well. It depends upon how many sea days there are and the length of the cruise I believe.

Our black and white balls have been done on the gala nights. (Not required to wear black and white - LOL)

Hi kazu,

Thanks for that info. You know, I might be remembering incorrectly, but maybe it was a Black & White Officer's Ball for "suites only" - something seems to ring a bell about that. In any case, I now have a formal black & white dress and a more casual one, so I am set either way, if it happens.:D

Canuck

Hi kazu,

Thanks for that info. You know, I might be remembering incorrectly, but maybe it was a Black & White Officer's Ball for "suites only" - something seems to ring a bell about that. In any case, I now have a formal black & white dress and a more casual one, so I am set either way, if it happens.:D

Canuck

Canuck, the black and white ball is for everyone. It's not a "suites only" thing by a long shot. If they have one - go early to get a good seat. It can fill up.

There aren't that many "suites only" things in all honesty and they don't show in the On Location ;)

Thanks for the replies. Like I said, I probably am not remembering correctly - may be getting mixed up with another special suite party that had Officers at it and it was definitely "A Black & White Ball" of some kind as everyone there was wearing black & white - but this was in 2011 and 2012, so things have obviously changed.

I will happily wear my black & white dress on "any" night.:D

Taxmantoo - I think you are on the Odam a couple of cruises ahead of us, so have a spectacular time and don't be shy if you want to report to us from on the ship (hint, hint):)

Canuck

Taxmantoo - I think you are on the Odam a couple of cruises ahead of us, so have a spectacular time and don't be shy if you want to report to us from on the ship (hint, hint):)

Canuck

Will definitely let you know if there is a Black and White Ball, although I doubt it very much on such a port intensive cruise, all with 12-day itineraries.

Will have some sort of internet package on board, so just ask away if you have any questions. If I don't reply immediately, I will when we get back.

Will definitely let you know if there is a Black and White Ball, although I doubt it very much on such a port intensive cruise, all with 12-day itineraries.

Will have some sort of internet package on board, so just ask away if you have any questions. If I don't reply immediately, I will when we get back.

Thanks very much! We are on for 24 days, but yes, with only 4 sea days and 20 ports - we will be busy! Am curious who the piano players will be but it sounds like it is not like the "old days" anymore...:(

Have a fabulous trip!

Canuck