Official: Oosterdam has been re-deployed April-Nov. 2017

AtlantaCruiser72

I just went to check pricing for the Oosterdam for my fall 2017 Transatlantic cruise and it was missing (I was using POLAR travel agent system). ALL sailings after the 3/17 14 day Caribbean until the 11/17 transcanal have gone POOF into thin air - when you try a mock booking on the HAL website you get the following: We apologize, but this itinerary is no longer available. If you feel you have reached this message in error, please contact us.

Will be interesting to see what they are doing with her and what they offer to displaced passengers if she is being redeployed .....

I also got the same response when I tried to do a mock booking yesterday for Oct. 2017 on the Oosterdam. Was hoping someone knew what is going on. Wondered why they didn't just pull the offering off the website if it is not available?

Penny

Edited by PSR

I just went to check pricing for the Oosterdam for my fall 2017 Transatlantic cruise and it was missing (I was using POLAR travel agent system). ALL sailings after the 3/17 14 day Caribbean until the 11/17 transcanal have gone POOF into thin air - when you try a mock booking on the HAL website you get the following: We apologize, but this itinerary is no longer available. If you feel you have reached this message in error, please contact us.

Will be interesting to see what they are doing with her and what they offer to displaced passengers if she is being redeployed .....

I still see her sheduled to sail on March 31st for her transatlantic 22 day crossing to Barcelona? April 2017 has her in Europe.

Edited to say - the TA's for the fall of 2017 are there as well. Website glitch earlier, maybe? Or slight itinerary change?

Edited by kazu

The Oosterdams April through early Novemeber schedule is still missing in POLAR (travel agent booking system) and has now been pulled from the Holland America website. I'm now fairly certain a redeployment will be forthcoming.

I do question if Holland would keep both Westerdam and Konigsdam home ported in Rome with no ship in Barcelona? We will have to be patient and see what they announce, whenever that may be.....

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

I just spoke to a HAL rep regarding our cruise in April and she confirmed that Oosterdam has been redeployed for the season. She said that we should receive an email from HAL sometime today advising the change and what substitutes are available, if any. She said this is new to HAL booking agents as of this morning.

Once I receive the info from HAL, I'll report back to you. We have numerous cancellations to make with hotels, excursions, private car, etc. and flight (booked with HAL, so total refund). Not a happy camper right now....ugggh!

Where WAs SHE s cheduled AND TO WHERe IS SHe BEING MOVED? ;confused:

We were booked for Western Med. Oosterdam was to be doing various sailings in Europe April-November. HAL agent has no info where Oosterdam is being sent. nor what ship will take her place in Europe for that time.

I had posted about my suspicion of redeployment in another thread. I have a strong feeling they will follow Celebrity's lead and keep her in the Caribbean for summer 2018.

That's quite possible! I think Europe has become less popular and ships are not filling up as well as in previous years. We shall see!

We were booked for Western Med. Oosterdam was to be doing various sailings in Europe April-November. HAL agent has no info where Oosterdam is being sent. nor what ship will take her place in Europe for that time.

Thsnkd. I had no vuess sheere sszshde was ore where she is going.

NICE if sshe is reposigtioned forff FFLL nextt summer though I certtainly underssttand your disappointment. Hope you find a good subsitution,

Thsnkd. I had no vuess sheere sszshde was ore where she is going.

NICE if sshe is reposigtioned forff FFLL nextt summer though I certtainly underssttand your disappointment. Hope you find a good subsitution,

Thank you! I hope HAL comes up with a nice ship substitution for us, still going to the Med.

IF

I had posted about my suspicion of redeployment in another thread. I have a strong feeling they will follow Celebrity's lead and keep her in the Caribbean for summer 2018.

IF I read whichever other thread, I likely did not take a 'poster's suspicion as firm information. I don't even recall if I read irft. Wasn't exactly 'breaking news official announcementr. :D

Edited by sail7seas

I just spoke to a HAL rep regarding our cruise in April and she confirmed that Oosterdam has been redeployed for the season. She said that we should receive an email from HAL sometime today advising the change and what substitutes are available, if any. She said this is new to HAL booking agents as of this morning.

Once I receive the info from HAL, I'll report back to you. We have numerous cancellations to make with hotels, excursions, private car, etc. and flight (booked with HAL, so total refund). Not a happy camper right now....ugggh!

I feel your pain. My fall 2017 Med cruise on the Koningsdam was cancelled, throwing the entire 66 day itinerary out of whack. Fortunately, with the addition of a panic attack inducing, rushed transfer from Livorno to Civitavecchia, it looks like I have been able to stitch it back together, better than before.

I feel your pain. My fall 2017 Med cruise on the Koningsdam was cancelled, throwing the entire 66 day itinerary out of whack. Fortunately, with the addition of a panic attack inducing, rushed transfer from Livorno to Civitavecchia, it looks like I have been able to stitch it back together, better than before.

Thank goodness you were able to get things together! When did you hear from HAL regarding these changes? Looks like all the ships deployed in Europe this coming season have itinerary changes. We want to go very badly, so we're quite open to switching dates, ships, etc. Just want to hear from HAL so we can start re-planning our cruise.

I have a strong feeling they will follow Celebrity's lead and keep her in the Caribbean for summer 2018.

If so, and they keep her in Tampa, they could give Port Canaveral and RCCL / Carnival / DCL a run for the theme parks, family summer business.

From the Disney park itself, the Port of Tampa would be as close, if not closer than Port Canaveral. A summer sailing with that demographic would not appeal to me personally at all, but many families do cruise in the summer, and add it before or after a few days in the theme parks.

Business is business, for a publicly held company.

Thank goodness you were able to get things together! When did you hear from HAL regarding these changes? Looks like all the ships deployed in Europe this coming season have itinerary changes. We want to go very badly, so we're quite open to switching dates, ships, etc. Just want to hear from HAL so we can start re-planning our cruise.

I noticed when I did an early morning price check that my sailing had disappeared. Later that day someone on CC spoke to a Hal representative and posted confirming a redeployment. In about three days my TA received notification from HAL, including suggested alternatives and offers. However, it took almost another week for HAL to set up a rep to prepared to exclusively handle rebookings from that cancellation. I must say that HAL bent over backwards to compensate for disappointment and inconvenience.

Perhaps but OP said nothing about the summer of 2018. The title of the thread is "Official: Oosterdam has been re-deployed April-Nov. 2017". That would be summer of 2017.

Thank you! I hope HAL comes up with a nice ship substitution for us, still going to the Med.

Check out the Rotterdam's. Itinerary on March 30th. Very nice. Some Med ports and some Western Europe. A couple are not done often so we have gladly booked it - just in case it helps :)