ms Volendam in Juneau, AK - August 26, 2016

Copper10-8

Today, Friday, August 26, 2016, marks the the turn of ms Volendam, the second of the "R" class vessels, to make an appearance in Juneau, AK. She is scheduled to arrive at 1300 (1:00 pm), local. Volie is assigned the Alaska Cruise Terminal (CT) dock this afternoon for 'parking' purposes and is scheduled to depart at 2200 hrs. (10:00 pm) local

The action can be seen and, usually, heard on:

http://juneauharborwebcam.com/

Volendam will be "the only show" in town today as there are no other cruise ships scheduled to make an appearance

There are roughly four weeks left in the 2016 Juneau, AK season at which time the big boys will be heading south, waaay south

If now is an indication - it will not be a nice day. Maybe it will be nicer closer to sail-in time.

Thanks for the head's-up on Alaska's season, I usually pay more attention to the Atlantic crossings because those are usually first to show on the east coast cameras. This summer has really been unusual with being able to see Juneau for most of the season and me not having withdrawal from no sail-ins or sailaways [even though most are in the middle of the night.] The bonus - that sometimes we also have a camera operator who will get us some really close shots - is wonderful.

If now is an indication - it will not be a nice day. Maybe it will be nicer closer to sail-in time.

Thanks for the head's-up on Alaska's season, I usually pay more attention to the Atlantic crossings because those are usually first to show on the east coast cameras. This summer has really been unusual with being able to see Juneau for most of the season and me not having withdrawal from no sail-ins or sailaways [even though most are in the middle of the night.] The bonus - that sometimes we also have a camera operator who will get us some really close shots - is wonderful.

First Ft. Lauderdale/Port Everglades arrival is Wed, October 19, 2016; Zuiderdam ;)

First Ft. Lauderdale/Port Everglades arrival is Wed, October 19, 2016; Zuiderdam ;)

I'm arriving on that cruise. :D

I was on the Prinsendam when she left FLL last May as she did the last HAL sailaway for the season. So I'm last and first for FLL in 2016. :D :) :D

Great zoom today but too much static.

There goes that theory that the static is more persistent when it's raining. It hasn't rained here today since the wee hours of the morning.

Now that they are finished, I believe I'll be leaving shortly - see you all Monday for our double arrival.

There goes that theory that the static is more persistent when it's raining. It hasn't rained here today since the wee hours of the morning.

Now that they are finished, I believe I'll be leaving shortly - see you all Monday for our double arrival.

I thought it had something to do with the rain, also. Although Since I posted that the static went away.:D:confused::D

Today, Friday, August 26, 2016, marks the the turn of ms Volendam, the second of the "R" class vessels, to make an appearance in Juneau, AK. She is scheduled to arrive at 1300 (1:00 pm), local. Volie is assigned the Alaska Cruise Terminal (CT) dock this afternoon for 'parking' purposes and is scheduled to depart at 2200 hrs. (10:00 pm) local

Volendam will be "the only show" in town today as there are no other cruise ships scheduled to make an appearance

There are roughly four weeks left in the 2016 Juneau, AK season at which time the big boys will be heading south, waaay south

We will be on Volendam's last sail of the season into Juneau on October 1 before departing on her repositioning cruise to Asia. Can't wait - it's been nearly 4 years since we were last on Volie.

John:

Thank you for providing this link to Juneau.'

Himself