laundry-damp items

wannagonow123

Your own risk. Put in the laundry bag ALONE, no other items. Write in LARGE with your instructions. Your risk. I would not expect for the laundry man to understand. Not 'normal'.

Dry out on your balcony if you have it. If you dry in your bathroom it might take two days to dry.

Some ships...not all ships... have self service laundry. Do it yourself.

DW has lots of things dry cleaned- all delicate items and shrinkables. Seems to work well. We learned the hard way.

That is an EXCELLENT suggestion for the OP. If I have something that is not supposed to go in the dryer, I do the same thing. Send it out for drycleaning.

Everything comes back just fine ;)

Well I never!

I never dry clean anything that comes with a tag says 'WASH'!

Jean? Wash... HOT... perhaps some fabric softner and then through a dryer. Feel soft and comfortable. Never had a problem. Perhaps they are a larger size.;)

Washing and hanging out in the sun is a nuisance. They need pressing and feel stiff.

Well I never!

I never dry clean anything that comes with a tag says 'WASH'!

Jean? Wash... HOT... perhaps some fabric softner and then through a dryer. Feel soft and comfortable. Never had a problem. Perhaps they are a larger size.;)

Washing and hanging out in the sun is a nuisance. They need pressing and feel stiff.

HOT??? OMG, if I did that, I'd never get them on again!!!!

Dry cleaning for jeans isn't a bad idea. I once asked a dry cleaner why a dark blue cotton sweater was marked "dry clean." Cotton is washable. His answer was that the dark blue dyes hold their color better in dry cleaning than in washing.

HOT??? OMG, if I did that, I'd never get them on again!!!!

Dry cleaning for jeans isn't a bad idea. I once asked a dry cleaner why a dark blue cotton sweater was marked "dry clean." Cotton is washable. His answer was that the dark blue dyes hold their color better in dry cleaning than in washing.

LOL

Yes, there is some shrinkage but after used they get loose again. Well, one pair of jeans I've had about five years... wash over and over. They are still the same size.

Washing.... what everone did years ago... repeat washing to get then faded.

Remember 'Woolite'... perfect for sweaters too!

Perhaps my 'success' is that I NEVER use hot water.

Will be on a 19 day sailing, so I will be using laundry service. One problem. I do not stick jeans in dryer due to shrinkage. Can I request that jeans be delivered to me damp out of the washer so I can dry them in my room?

This was our experience:

I don't dry my blouses and some pants, either. (And, I really don't like dry cleaning.)

I would not trust them to follow instructions. Not blaming HAL, it's just a fact that with the amount of laundry they do each day, I don't think they are equipped to handle "special requests."

We were recently on the Koningsdam (no self-serve laundry facilities) and I had to wash my delicate items by hand in the sink, then hung them strategically :) to dry.

There isn't much room for hanging items in the shower because the "pull line" is positioned from the front wall to the side wall (not the opposite back wall, so it's at an angle.)

We sent my husband's clothes to the laundry, and even his socks shrunk! They use commercial dryers and the heat setting is super hot.

When we've sent laundry while doing river cruises, they WILL wash my clothes and hang them to dry on hangers. Very nice! But, they only have 130 passengers to please.

I will say, on the Koningsdam, we sent the laundry out in the morning and it was back that evening. I did not pay extra for the expedited service, it just happened. It all came back neatly folded in a straw basket.